Become a Patron!

how to upgrade x cube 2 firmware to V1.08

DomoVU

Member For 4 Years
I've tried following the terrible guide they have but my device is not even being detected via USB (Windows 8.1 x64). Anyone else having success with this care to share their methods?

aviva

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've tried following the terrible guide they have but my device is not even being detected via USB (Windows 8.1 x64). Anyone else having success with this care to share their methods?
Hi DomoVU,
"Power your X CUBE II off and take out the batteries. In the "Connection Type" section, choose the USB type. At the same time, press down the device vaping key and then connect it to your computer via an USB cable" Did you do as this?

DomoVU

Member For 4 Years
Hi DomoVU,
"Power your X CUBE II off and take out the batteries. In the "Connection Type" section, choose the USB type. At the same time, press down the device vaping key and then connect it to your computer via an USB cable" Did you do as this?
Yes, I did. I have a friend who bought this Mod when I did and his worked fine, with my same usb cable.

I'm really thinking something is wrong with my own ones USB port...

cr1d3r

Member For 4 Years
When I just upgraded my buddies, I had to hold the fire button and plug in the usb cable and hold the fire button the whole time, it was a little aggravating but it worked...

anyone having this occur to them as well? i'm holding the fire button, pluggin in usb at same time, trying hopelessly to click down connect. nothing.

Not all USB charging cables have data lines......Try another cable.
thanks for the idea, so far tried 3 cables besides the one it came with :( Does anyone have a video of themselves doing it properly? Perhaps I'm not getting the right thing done in the right order?

Flightmedic76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just upgraded to 1.093 without a hiccup...cranking 180 watts! Hope they come up with a Mac solution soon so I can just use my Macbook.

crazysgt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I as well had no issue with upgrading firmware to 1.093 via usb cable that came with it. Windows 10 as well. Followed Smok's website directions. Not one hiccup.

I as well had no problems either I just followed the instructions and bada bing 180 watts plus firmware is up to 1.097 now.It fixed a bug with the temp control.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Installation Procedure:
  • Take out Batteries
  • Hold Fire Bar (before plugging in the USB, and during the whole process)
  • Plug USB into PC and Mod
  • Allow PC to install running drivers for the mod BEFORE opening the Updater App
  • Once drivers are installed, then proceed to open the Updater App
  • Select which mod, and click connect (should then detect mod and available firmware updates)
  • Click the Update button and wait for Progress bar to complete
  • Mod is now updated, and can be unplugged and used
PSA: YOU MUST BE CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET FOR UPDATES TO WORK, THE APP REQUIRES INTERNET ACCESS TO LOOK FOR NEW FIRMWARE BEFORE INSTALLATION

VU Sponsors