How to: Travel by plane with your Vape

Discussion in '"How To" - General Tutorials not found in main ca' started by jives21, Mar 31, 2017.

1. jives21

jives21 New Member

Blog Posts:
    So I'm heading to Vegas with the wife next month for a quick 4 days anniversary trip . Yes, I'm stoked about going, never been there before. I don't plan on checking a big bag, only a carry on. Now, if I plan on bringing my mod should I worry about not being allowed to bring it on board, especially if I'm bring e juice on board. I know liquids aren't allowed. It will be seen in the x-ray machine.

We all know how anal the TSA is.

What to do?

Thanks!

2. UncleRJ

UncleRJ Will write reviews for Beer! Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    Not a big deal at all.

Just make sure your E-Liquids are in 30ml bottles or less and stored in a sealed quart Ziploc bag.

Make sure your extra batteries are in some kind of case. If you don't have a case, order one or go to your local pharmacy and get a pill bottle of the proper size. They may or may not charge you for them but if they do it will be something like 25 cents.

Do all of the above and you are golden.

jives21 and Neunerball like this.
  3. Train

Train Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Actually, bottles can be up to 100 ml, and you can have more than one of them...

upload_2017-3-31_6-56-5.png

I'd pull batteries out of mods and put in a battery case.
    Personally, I tank any tanks empty, or off, wrapped in paper towel and in something like a film canister - with air pressure changes, MOST tanks will leak, and there's not much to do about it. This approach still gets you vaping pretty quick upon landing - slap the tank back, battery in, fill and vape.

UncleRJ and Neunerball like this.
  4. jives21

jives21 New Member

Blog Posts:
    thanks for the tips

5. Train

Train Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    27 Red, and 00!!

[​IMG]

6. BPROSEK

BPROSEK Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Hey brother all the right advice above.

On another note I'm loving all the goodies you sent! Vaping the prelude with my morning coffee as I type this

Happy early anniversary!

7. Bigjay1978

Bigjay1978 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Just got back from Vegas. I brought 2 mods 2 tanks, 3 30 mil bottles of juice, battery charger, and a spare pair of batteries. All. In my Cary on bag. No issues once so ever. Just make sure your tank is empty before you board the plane, or you will have a big mess when you land. Every tank will leak. It doesn't matter if it has juice flow control. Or not.

bestvaporz likes this.
  8. Jonnystevenson

Jonnystevenson New Member Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    If you are traveling by plane

• Do remember that you are not allowed to vape on a plane.

• Make sure you have packed your vape equipment as per the security standards of the airport.

• Don’t keep your e-cigarette in luggage, instead, keep it in a carry-on bag.

• If you are packing extra cartomizers or e-liquids, store them in the clear plastic bags. As there occur extreme changes in the temperature, the e-juice bottles can crack and start leaking.

• Store battery and cartomizer separately.
    Learn more about if you're travelling by car or boat: Things You Need to Know While Traveling with your Vape Gear