Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/18/health/vaping-teens-nicotine.html?

Two halfway decent articles in a row?

Someone must have sent out a HUGE memo to the news media...

Oh that's right, Altria bought into Juul.:giggle:

It went from "one drop of eliquid on your skin will kill you" and worms crawling under kids skin on TV to "You might get addicted" in a very short time.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
It went from "one drop of eliquid on your skin will kill you" and worms crawling under kids skin on TV to "You might get addicted" in a very short time.
Yeah, they might get addicted, but so what?

They might get addicted to energy drinks too, yet nobody gets all up in arms if they find an empty can of Monster, or an empty bottle of Mountain Dew.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Yeah, they might get addicted, but so what?

They might get addicted to energy drinks too, yet nobody gets all up in arms if they find an empty can of Monster, or an empty bottle of Mountain Dew.

The point is when you try to scare kids with lies it always backfires.

It backfired when I was a kid and that was well before all kids were carrying devices in their pocket where they can easily google the facts.

Maybe telling them the truth for a change might work.

"You could get addicted" seems alright to me.

At least they aren't telling kids that vaping causes brain tumors or some stupid shit that they aren't going to believe.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
yet nobody gets all up in arms if they find an empty can of Monster, or an empty bottle of Mountain Dew.

Just wait until they start adding CBD:facepalm:

I'm sure you read about that already where the soft drink industry is planning on putting CBD in the drinks now.

Actually, far more people have died from energy drinks than vaping.

Teens have died from caffeine overdose by drinking energy drinks.

No one has died from using vaping as intended.

I could pull a Stan Glantz and say something like:

Energy Drinks are 100000% more dangerous than vaping:D

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
So I guess making your kid vape the entire box of pods in front of you when caught is the non PC thing to do now?

I've heard stories from my fathers generation where when caught they made them smoke until sick to teach them a lesson.:D

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I guess making your kid vape the entire box of pods in front of you when caught is the non PC thing to do now?

I've heard stories from my fathers generation where when caught they made them smoke until sick to teach them a lesson.:D
I did to my younger brother when I caught him and his buddy smoking...cracked open a fresh pack of smokes and told then to get started they had alot of smoking to do, it worked on him....he attributes this episode as the reason he never even thought about picking up a cigarette again

VU Sponsors