Become a Patron!

How to fix sxk bb dna60 fire button

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I need some help to fix this sxk bb dna60. Basically, the small amber plastic solenoid (correct term?) That was directly on top of the firing interface point on the board which the actual fire button touches fell off.

How can I either replace this tiny plastic piece or repair it some way?

The blue bb is the one in question and the purple one shows a functional unit.

20190614_031228.jpg20190617_141120.jpg

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks! Any Idea where I could buy a replacement switch?
Digikey and mouser would be my first guesses - searching and then identifying something very close. They also call these things "tactical" (Tactile) switches - "tactile" meaning clicky/feedback, (I never did understand 'tactical' - must be illiterates, as switches don't grok tactics at all ;-).

I really need to order a dozen or so from china, because they are just so damned useful & small - Yes, Digikey and Mouser cost more, but they arrive in days instead of weeks++. You could ebay them as well, but the same chinee sampan-delay is involved, (that's where I would order a dozen or more).

I mention this only because I found it 100% true to a project: you might want to order a syringe of "lo-temp rework solder".. This crap is really, REALLY low-temp.. If you put the merest of dabs on join of solder that's been a prick, it will suddenly flow and let you remove and replace the original HIGH TEMP join & part.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really need to order a dozen or so from china
Please note: these are really noisy, low amp, low volt switches - as close to purely-digital as a mechanical switch will get.. Just some tiny contacts in a tiny package with a tiny spring, etc.

I mention this in case some genius tries to make a mech mod - btdthts - this is the reason mosfets got involved.

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks so much for all the info, it's very helpful. I'm not the world's greatest for soldering and I doubt my iron is low-temp. I suppose worst case just throw in a new board? Of course that's like $55, at least on protovapor.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The solder is easy. Only reason my 'iron' is better than average is that I diddle-around with pcb's and mcu's, etc.

Frankly, I think a good little solder-station is an investment that pays for itself over time. Mine was a no-name chinee thing that is half dead, (the hot air side is failstew), so I would recommend a good little IRON station and later, if you care, a good little hot AIR station.. All in all, less than a good reloading station and dies.

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok I see now, they come as the whole switch and pad with the lead and I just solder the two wires to the board. sweet thanks!

VU Sponsors