Become a Patron!

How spewing liquid

Hi Guys, i've been vaping for just over 3 years now, but its the first time i'm posting here.

i've always used SS flatwire or normal SS wire nothing fancy however i ventured into purchasing some flat clapton wire SS316L but whenever i build and wick it i get this hot spew of liquid burning my mouth - built it many times, taken all the hot spots out but still the same issue.

any suggestions or advice for me to sort this?

obijuan77

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I did give that a try and put the wattage up around 90 ended up burning my lip - it’s not spitting it’s like chunks of hot liquid coming up
Then I think we would need more details:

What size coil (ID, wraps, ohms)?

What mod?

Then I think we would need more details:

What size coil (ID, wraps, ohms)?

What mod?

Coil is 3.0 diam- about 7wraps gives me about 0.25 ohms currently using rebirth rda on a druga foxy mod

I believe the Flapton wire is Stainless Steel SS316L, 24g wrapped in 32g.

Thanks for the help

obijuan77

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Coil is 3.0 diam- about 7wraps gives me about 0.25 ohms currently using rebirth rda on a druga foxy mod

I believe the Flapton wire is Stainless Steel SS316L, 24g wrapped in 32g.

Thanks for the help
Are you vaping a dual coil or single coil?

obijuan77

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ah, ok.

seems like those coils are a lot of wire mass. I would try at least 110-115 watts. Should be better

You may need a better drip tip to deal with the heat

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to the VU. That does sound like a chunky build you have. More power like mentioned is probably the way to go. If you can open the airflow a little more if it starts getting hot. May have to eventually go with a different coil. Like a 26/36 or 28/36. My go-to is usually a fused clapton 2x28/36

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My go-to is usually a fused clapton 2x28/36

Recently, tried spinning up some Kanthal like this 28*2/36. Kept snapping the 36, apparently I draw it too tightly. Had better luck with 28*2/30. Eventually need a new Daedalus set up I guess. *slight grumbling*

Thanks for the reply guys - gave this a try yesterday and after two builds and some burnt taste buds I threw in the towel - think I may need to look into another coil - can anyone recommend a good site for stainless Steel fused Clapton’s or aliens? And any recommendations on the wire gauges?

Thanks again

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the reply guys - gave this a try yesterday and after two builds and some burnt taste buds I threw in the towel - think I may need to look into another coil - can anyone recommend a good site for stainless Steel fused Clapton’s or aliens? And any recommendations on the wire gauges?

Thanks again
https://www.advancedvapesupply.com/

And I've used Flapton from there as well as some other wire and coils. Great quality and clean. Did you experiment with diff wicking on those flaptons your using? tighter/looser?

If no other for more, they have AVS as a 20% code

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You may want to try some 26*2/34 SS. You may want to check out Advanced.
I think a mate from here, Stu is still with them. He can look out for you well.
I know the SS they sell is really clean, excellent quality stuff.

I also suggest trying single coil builds reading out at .30 ohms. You
can do as well as dual coils if not better. Have done single strand SS
around 3mm ID wrapped 5 times to get about .30 using 26 awg. It seems to
do well.

Do the same with 28 awg. I try to aim for no more/less than 0.05 +\- as
far as tolerance on my actual builds. If they fluctuate another 0.05
from my baseline it's not terrible. 0.30 is a nice slot to aim at, it
keeps my vape cool yet also gets warm enough to do what it needs to do.

Hope this helps. I'm at a loss for further advice.

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Outside of the build, wicking issues causes a lot of spitback if you're not careful. Try to re-wick it a few times. More cotton tends to give me less of an issue on spitback. Whenever I get that issue I crank the mod up. If the issue persists, I'll re-wick with more cotton and it takes care of it usually...:)

VU Sponsors