Become a Patron!

How often do you change your cotton?

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been using CBV2 since about mid December and am about 1/3 of the way thru a 10 stick pack.

I got a pack about 2 months ago and use it when the mood strikes me. I like it, but I like my other cotton as well. I figure at that price I may as well get a decent supply of the stuff. It's that sort of thinking though that has led me to have a lot of vaping stuff now. A familiar refrain from my wife now is "How many of those things do you have?" :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am still a bit uneasy that it may not be the 10 stick packs. Will wait and see.

entropy1049

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
C6A8E021-3D85-4A52-B9F7-12965A775732.jpeg
Pictured, the actual CB haul from the eBay seller :D

I dunno seems to good to be true and you know how those things go...

And nothing personal but the person vouching for them is brand new here...
No offense intended.

But being the cheapskate deal chaser that I am I could not resist :)

My actual name is Chinese and nearly unpronounceable by the English tongue. My marketing plan is complete. Thank you for playing along :D

I’ve been on ECF for years, same user name. Lurked here for some time. If I’d read here about 99 cent 10 stick packs of CB I’d be skeptical as well. Hope yours arrives as expected and in a timely fashion, as did mine.

Also, kudos to me for finally figuring out how to add a photo from an iPad...

Last edited:

entropy1049

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
.....huh?
A bit of levity regarding T. Cromwell’s quoted post expressing legitimate skepticism about the price per goods of the eBay sellers Cotton Bacon. I was amazed as well, and after receiving the goods as advertised felt I should share the find.

In the post you quoted, I was indeed intentionally misleading and am in fact a yank :)

R.Savage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For me once the taste changes. I'll finish the tank . Then change the cotton and clean the coil.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Wu-Tangcl

Member For 1 Year
I change every other day, Cotton doesn't cost that much.
So I'd rather have good flavour then save a few nickels...

And on top of that I am still learning to wick properly because i just started building 3 weeks ago,
thats means when I switch to wattage for a while i get a dry hit every couple hours.
Still looking for the sweet spot with wicking...

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Every other day usually, regardless if a dripper, tank, what have you. I get pretty OCD with cotton and vape heavily. And that's with Cotton Bacon v2 :)

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
View attachment 102756
Pictured, the actual CB haul from the eBay seller :D

My actual name is Chinese and nearly unpronounceable by the English tongue. My marketing plan is complete. Thank you for playing along :D

I’ve been on ECF for years, same user name. Lurked here for some time. If I’d read here about 99 cent 10 stick packs of CB I’d be skeptical as well. Hope yours arrives as expected and in a timely fashion, as did mine.

Also, kudos to me for finally figuring out how to add a photo from an iPad...
OMG such a beautiful sight!

entropy1049

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Just quickly revisiting this thread. After some discussion in a different thread, I’ve conducted a bit of a study and I feel the 99 cent CB from the eBay seller is counterfeit. It’s not affecting how it vapes for me so far, but I can’t recommend purchasing from this seller unless your comfortable with a counterfeit product, and potential for less than authentic CB quality.

Caveat emptor and all that.

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Before we jump to conclusions I will repeat that the picture he posted of the 2 different bags look identical to the bags I have and I purchased mine at a b&m store. I am not sold on the thought that his are counterfet.

They also do NOT look like the bag another user posted. Which has crappy water mark or background picture of which showes in the white lettering. He clamed that his bag tasted funny.

entropy1049

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Before we jump to conclusions I will repeat that the picture he posted of the 2 different bags look identical to the bags I have and I purchased mine at a b&m store. I am not sold on the thought that his are counterfet.

They also do NOT look like the bag another user posted. Which has crappy water mark or background picture of which showes in the white lettering. He clamed that his bag tasted funny.
It’s definitely a conundrum. I just want to make sure I’m not contributing to folks seeking out a great deal and winding up with what’s possibly a counterfeit product when they’re expecting authentic. :cheers:

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It’s definitely a conundrum. I just want to make sure I’m not contributing to folks seeking out a great deal and winding up with what’s possibly a counterfeit product when they’re expecting authentic. :cheers:
Agreed but I'm not sold on it being counterfet being as mine looks the same and I didn't purchase from eBay. And to be honest the one package with a Scratch off authentication Looks to be an updated package.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just quickly revisiting this thread. After some discussion in a different thread, I’ve conducted a bit of a study and I feel the 99 cent CB from the eBay seller is counterfeit. It’s not affecting how it vapes for me so far, but I can’t recommend purchasing from this seller unless your comfortable with a counterfeit product, and potential for less than authentic CB quality.

Gained respect in my beady little eyes there.
:cheers:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Mine came and I'm on day 2 and day 3 on several "tried and true" atties -

The bags are identical - the contents appear and behave identical - and I'm a picky ass super taster

If its counterfeit it is.a very good one

One thing, CB is now making Cotton Bacon Prime - could it be they are dumping their stock of V2 because of the new Prime?

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
My cotton bacon v2 I bought came from China but might have been authentic and just a bad batch but it tasted way off. So I bought updated with the QR on the back and it's different - has more rayon for sure in it.

Saw a video that shows CB2 and new CB2 / QR and how they changed their formula a bit and based on my observations I can tell there is a difference.

So yes counterfeit is out there, also WnV recently changed their formula which seems consistent with the new packaging, and yes I'm excited to try Prime :)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years

The bags are identical - the contents appear and behave identical - and I'm a picky ass super taster

One thing, CB is now making Cotton Bacon Prime - could it be they are dumping their stock of V2 because of the new Prime?
I heard Prime will be a squonkers dream!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I heard Prime will be a squonkers dream!

I haven't tried the Prime in an RSA yet - but should pretty darn good for all types of vaping - it does suck up the juice quickly

Biggest thing on my mind about it right now is waiting to see if the Prime has any longevity in two RTAs I use regularly

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I haven't tried the Prime in an RSA yet - but should pretty darn good for all types of vaping - it does suck up the juice quickly

Biggest thing on my mind about it right now is waiting to see if the Prime has any longevity in two RTAs I use regularly
I should have some tomorrow! Excited! Will have to start a thread on it..

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So I bought updated with the QR on the back and it's different - has more rayon for sure in it.

All versions of CB are 100% cotton

It is good to see the scratch and sniff on the new packaging for sure

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
All versions of CB are 100% cotton

It is good to see the scratch and sniff on the new packaging for sure
That's what I initially thought, unless I've been chewing on too much aluminum foil lately and my Alzheimers is acting up, I swear to god the newest batch feels like it has some rayon in it. It tastes, squeaks, and compresses extremely similarly.

Anyone else notice this with the newest batch or is it seriously just me here?

entropy1049

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year

Exactly my take as well. I’ve been vaping from my eBay seller CB stash for a few weeks now, and can’t tell any difference in performance between it and guaranteed authentic CB. At the price point it’s one helluva deal. Counterfeit or not.

I’ve got some CB Prime arriving with today’s mail. If it’s as quick wicking as they claim, dat shiz is going in every rta I own.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Exactly my take as well. I’ve been vaping from my eBay seller CB stash for a few weeks now, and can’t tell any difference in performance between it and guaranteed authentic CB. At the price point it’s one helluva deal. Counterfeit or not.

I’ve got some CB Prime arriving with today’s mail. If it’s as quick wicking as they claim, dat shiz is going in every rta I own.

That's what I'm testing CB Prime on, RTAs, and really like it so far

entropy1049

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
That's what I'm testing CB Prime on, RTAs, and really like it so far
Just built a Triple RTA with the CB Prime. First thing I noticed was that when priming the cotton before putting the tank together, the juice was absorbed like immediately. This makes me think there may be something to the “faster wicking” claim. I’ll continue the trials, but after building and the first 20 minutes of vaping including nearly making myself sick trying to elicit a dry hit, initial findings are favorable. This continues, CB Prime will be my new go-to.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Just built a Triple RTA with the CB Prime. First thing I noticed was that when priming the cotton before putting the tank together, the juice was absorbed like immediately. This makes me think there may be something to the “faster wicking” claim. I’ll continue the trials, but after building and the first 20 minutes of vaping including nearly making myself sick trying to elicit a dry hit, initial findings are favorable. This continues, CB Prime will be my new go-to.

I noticed the same thing and posted my initial impressions on a CB Prime thread elsewhere here on the forum

If it holds up well - as in doesn't deteriorate and taste nasty within a 10 day time frame - I will use the Prime in RTAs and my now sizable V2 stash in RSAs until it is all gone

entropy1049

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
If it holds up well - as in doesn't deteriorate and taste nasty within a 10 day time frame - I will use the Prime in RTAs and my now sizable V2 stash in RSAs until it is all gone

Ditto. Prime in RTA’s and stash v2 in RDA’s til it’s gone. Then more Prime.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
on a CB Prime thread elsewhere here on the forum
link? I am rayonati (this new 500' box is going to last a lifetime) but I might be willing to give something new a try just for kicks if it can go 100+ ml of diy juice between re-wicks like my rayon.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I think I may switch to rayon. For me, it's been preforming very well.

Hey Lucy is there a noticable taste difference? Have you done a side by side test

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I think I may switch to rayon. For me, it's been preforming very well.

Hey Lucy is there a noticable taste difference? Have you done a side by side test

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Oh yeah - the break in taste is much less pronounced in the Prime

I'm a super taster though - a lot of folks get no taste from the V2, but I do

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get a bit of taste from the V2 on break in, but minimal and does not last long.

but I am a tightwad and will have a years worth of CBV2 when the .99 stuff gets in.
So I will just wait on the Uber Prime in a year or so ;)

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Oh yeah - the break in taste is much less pronounced in the Prime

I'm a super taster though - a lot of folks get no taste from the V2, but I do
I also get a taste from the V2

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I get a bit of taste from the V2 on break in, but minimal and does not last long.

but I am a tightwad and will have a years worth of CBV2 when the .99 stuff gets in.
So I will just wait on the Uber Prime in a year or so ;)

But I'm sending you a strip in the mail tomorrow - so please at least try it

I'm not tossing my vast amount of V2 by any means, but will use the Prime in RTAs - that is if it holds up

Some cottons (like Native Wicks Platinum for instance) deteriorate too fast, for me anyway. We have no idea yet if the Prime holds up

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn!
You got the CBV2 monkey on my back.
Now another cotton addiction?

I still have about a years worth of Salon Coil Cotton....

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Damn!
You got the CBV2 monkey on my back.
Now another cotton addiction?

I still have about a years worth of Salon Coil Cotton....

Use the salon cotton for church, family gatherings, Chucky Cheese, and even activities you enjoy, such as lawn mowing

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
But I'm sending you a strip in the mail tomorrow - so please at least try it

I'm not tossing my vast amount of V2 by any means, but will use the Prime in RTAs - that is if it holds up

Some cottons (like Native Wicks Platinum for instance) deteriorate too fast, for me anyway. We have no idea yet if the Prime holds up
How's the Prime for squonking so far? And what RTAs do you have these in?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
How's the Prime for squonking so far? And what RTAs do you have these in?

Have the Prime in a Rose 3, Petri 22 and a Merlin, all are authentic

Haven't used it to squonk yet, am testing some cheap V2 we are trying to decide if its authentic or not, lol

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Have the Prime in a Rose 3, Petri 22 and a Merlin, all are authentic

Haven't used it to squonk yet, am testing some cheap V2 we are trying to decide if its authentic or not, lol
I've got a separate post about it with pictures if it helps.

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
So far really liking the CB Prime in my Kayfun, also in my Hadaly. Good stuff so far!

VU Sponsors