Become a Patron!

how much nicotine you think i need ?!

riburune

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i smoke Marlboro light 20-30 cig a day
i am not sure how much mg nicotine to order my eliquid

3/6/9/12 mg ?
maybe someone who stopped smoking or moved to ecig with same amount of smoking +/- could advice me please

thank you all

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Depends on the device you are using.

This should get you close.

Ego Pen style +\- 8watts =12mg
Low wattage box mod +\- 25watts= 6 or 8 mg
Mid wattage box mod +\- 60watts= 4 or 6 mg
High wattage mod 100plus watts= 2 or 3 mg

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When I 1st quit my at least a PAD Marlboro Red habit I was at 18-24MG when I got my 1st MOD with a Nautilus Mini tank I went down to 6MG and within a month was at the 3MG I am now almost 3 Years later. Messed with going down to 1.5MG but just found it was like drinking non-alcoholic beer. But this is just me and I know some people who vape 48MG or higher. I tend to chain vape because that was how I smoked. Good luck and congrats on quitting.

Jriley

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I smoked for a while then went to chewing, now my wife has been vapen for 4+ years but i didnt start until the uwell crown came out and the first day i got that i quit on 3mg nic

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Taking into consideration the strength and amount you smoked, and the type of hardware you'll be using to vape, is the best place to start, as indicated above; BKTOAD's suggestions seem very sound. But also, every individual has a different tolerance for "just plain nicotine" -- without all the other chemicals in cigarette smoke, some of which are there solely to make smoking less irritating yet more addictive. I smoked for 39 years, at some points smoking as much as 3.5 pks a day, but was down to about 3/4 of a pk at the time i switched to vaping, AND, I smoked ultra-lights for about the last 20 yrs -- so, even though I was using a puny little cigalike when I started vaping, I couldn't use anything higher than 6mg at first, without terrible nausea; when the cigarettes were completely gone, I went to 8mg, 9mg, and finally 10mg, and parked there for some months.

I personally think it's better to start low, and go up a bit if you find that you need to, rather than starting high, finding yourself feeling sickened and maybe less thrilled about vaping. Don't give yourself a reason to dislike vaping. ;)

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When I first cut the Nicotine down I used to keep a bottle of higher nicotine around so I could spike the tank if I thought I needed some high test. Had that bottle around for a long time but it did come in handy.

riburune

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When I first cut the Nicotine down I used to keep a bottle of higher nicotine around so I could spike the tank if I thought I needed some high test. Had that bottle around for a long time but it did come in handy.

i thought about it but then i said better to get used to certain mg and go lower with the time...if i will have higher i might add it all the time that my fear.

Kinkyvapurrr

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Depends on the device you are using.

This should get you close.

Ego Pen style +\- 8watts =12mg
Low wattage box mod +\- 25watts= 6 or 8 mg
Mid wattage box mod +\- 60watts= 4 or 6 mg
High wattage mod 100plus watts= 2 or 3 mg

That's so true why is it like that? Why do u need more nic in diff devices?

VU Sponsors