Become a Patron!

How many batteries do you have?

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have about a dozen batts in several hitters, some dual and some single battery mods along with several in a tray waiting their turn mostly 20 and 30 amp and a few 10 amp for my higher ohm builds. I also have 8 new batteries in a drawer and almost 20 that I have to take to recycling one day. My LUC2 charger I got in Oct 2013 and its been working and still working providing charging for 2 vapers in our house. I have never married batteries for my dual mods and have had no issues with one batt draining faster than the other, my wife made sure of that with just grabbing whatever battery for her hitter thus divorcing the married batts so keeping track became fruitless.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have about a dozen batts in several hitters, some dual and some single battery mods along with several in a tray waiting their turn mostly 20 and 30 amp and a few 10 amp for my higher ohm builds. I also have 8 new batteries in a drawer and almost 20 that I have to take to recycling one day. My LUC2 charger I got in Oct 2013 and its been working and still working providing charging for 2 vapers in our house. I have never married batteries for my dual mods and have had no issues with one batt draining faster than the other, my wife made sure of that with just grabbing whatever battery for her hitter thus divorcing the married batts so keeping track became fruitless.
haha, women. good to hear about no issues with non-married sets. I am still waiting for mooch to post his findings for his married and un-married testing but I got the feeling that his findings will be similar to yours. I have a feeling this is basically an old wives tale thing that someone suggested without ever properly testing when dual and triple battery mods first came on the scene and has been parroted ever since.

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've got 10 pairs of 18650 (20 total). Most are newer-ish, but a couple pairs date back to 2014. My oldest is a pair of purple Effest "35A", the ones everyone screamed "Don't Buy, they suck!". Those are still my daily travelers, backed up by a pair of equally-old Sony VTC4s. I'm amazed they've survived 3 years of daily use. They have far surpassed their expected number of charging cycles and continue to reliably fire my Fuchai 213. I'm actually expecting them to die soon, their power curve is becoming noticeably diminished. I still get a day out of them at 60 watts with juice to spare (most days).

I've yet to have an 18650 battery die on me, but I did give away a pair of VTC5's that were weak from day one, and sold a pair of Samsungs because my desperate friend begged me to.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got 8 new ones from Illumn along with some wrappers. I think I'm set for awhile.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Right now about 60. I have anywhere from 12 on the low side to 25 mods on the high side in my daily rotation. Granted, not all of the mods in my rotation take external batteries. Some are internal battery mods. I have married sets of 2, 3, and 4 batteries as well as batteries that I just use for Mech's and in single battery regulated mods. Yeah, I know they say marrying them does not make a difference anymore as long as it is the same cell but old habits die hard.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just grabbed 4 more HG2 to put into my single battery rotation since I decided to bring a pico and cubis pro out of the stash for myself for those times I just want a small mod I can throw in my pocket when running quick errands.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
29 - 18650 (Some of my LG HE2 browns are pooping out. Have had them for close to 2 yrs. Gave my yellows to hubby. Still, have 29.
6 - 26650

Would like another set of three 30Q for my RX200. $4.50 ea but they charge shipping under $50. Ugh!

Deuces, I'm the same regarding marriages.

VU Sponsors