How long does liquid stay good?

NexDeus

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I came across a bottle of kiwi I had from about a year and a half ago sitting in my garage. Was in a plastic bottle. It looks pretty clear still and doesnt have any detectable smells that it shouldnt. Think its still good?

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I vaped a three year old bottle of a tobacco flavor. It was much better than when I got it.

That's not an answer to your question though. Just my experience with the one liquid.

NexDeus

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well it's an answer in its own rights. I'll go for it. If I don't post anything for a few days assume the bottle was bad :p

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know people have stashed away Boba's Bounty for years and say it just improves with time! The only thing I've found with some flavors is that they can fade away - others improve.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Vape it and find out. PG and VG are anti-bacterial agents so the worst that can happen is it just doesn't taste good.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
If you store it in a cool(ish) dark place, it should be good for at least a couple of years.

NexDeus

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well still alive so I guess Im in the clear :D This kiwi adds a nice taste to the blue raz. Yum!

PaulieD

Member For 5 Years
I had some RY4 from 2012 that tasted even better, but RY4 especially can be like that, it is like a fine wine.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know people have stashed away Boba's Bounty for years and say it just improves with time! The only thing I've found with some flavors is that they can fade away - others improve.
I found a 30ml Bottle of Boba's in my vape chest that was from the original production run (when he had massive problems with customer service). It mellowed a lot and was way smoother than even stuff that had aged for a year...

So yes, if it still tastes good, vape it. I've found the shelf life on most eliquid is 1-2 years, depending on the blender.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I found a 30ml Bottle of Boba's in my vape chest that was from the original production run (when he had massive problems with customer service). It mellowed a lot and was way smoother than even stuff that had aged for a year...

So yes, if it still tastes good, vape it. I've found the shelf life on most eliquid is 1-2 years, depending on the blender.

I have some dregs of a bottle here that's about a year old. The nic content is at 12mg, and I vape 6mg now, but I was surprised at how harsh it was - I used to absolutely love Boba's, but I don't think I could vape it now, even at the right nic level.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My wife cuts Bobas with a bit of VG, adds about 15%, she likes it a bit less flavorful....

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Give it shot, put a bit of VG in the Bobas bottle and shake....

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
My limit is 1 year in plastic, 2 years in glass.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Both PG and VG have a shelf life of 18-24 months. Unless you know exactly what type of flavoring was used, it would be impossible to estimate the reduction in shelf life flavoring has on the whole bottle.

If it was unopened...might still be okay. Personally, I'd just throw it out.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've always heard 12-18 months. Just what I've heard.

NexDeus

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The thing I've noticed is it has a bit of...almost a burnt taste to it. Odd as it is. I've not been using it much. Occasionally I'll put a few drops in my tank because its 18% where as what I've been using is around 3% when mixed, so I just use it for the little boost of nic.

VU Sponsors