Become a Patron!

How long do these things last? (Regulated Mods)

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For those of you vaping for awhile how long does the average mod last? do they crap out or do they last forever? I'm using an Alien 220 and she's about 7-8 months old and shows no signs of slowing down. Will I have to replace it at some point or is this good for years?

Last edited:

Ompa

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For those of you vaping for awhile how long does the average mod last? so they crap out or do they last forever? I'm using an Alien 220 and she's about 7-8 months old and shows no signs of slowing down. Will I have to replace it at some point or is this good for years?

Honestly, I tend to just want a new mod long before It would crap out. If you follow a few simple care steps it'll last forever.

I never use the mod for charging
Keep it clean of Juice that might leak from the atty
Never let my wife near it (this one tends to help the most)

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ya my last mod wenr 14 months till the fire button lost it's clickieness. Still works but just don't trust it. I'd guess you'll get longer than that maybe 2 years.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
for regulated, I tend to get something new every 7-8 months but a year is a good lifespan IMO.

Only ones that I've had that I've beaten up for a few years are Hexohms. Paint might get chipped but the things keep ticking

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
For those of you vaping for awhile how long does the average mod last?

I am vaping on an RX200S for years now that I dropped the 1st day I owned this sucker! Unscrew my atomizers at least 10-12 times a day even with the 510 that so many say is crap! I actually had to glue a chip back into the battery sled from one of the drops and it keeps going and going and going......
Now I am actually thinking about a wrap for it but at the prices I have seen for them I might break out the Binks Spray Gun and just refinish the battery cover.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's a crap shoot like any other electronic.

Also longevity has to do a lot with how the device is treated. Considering how many times I have dropped this poor RX200S I am surprised it took so long for it to take it toll on the finish.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I broke a Movkin Disguier 150W with one drop and now they do not seem to even be in business anymore.

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
For those of you vaping for awhile how long does the average mod last? do they crap out or do they last forever? I'm using an Alien 220 and she's about 7-8 months old and shows no signs of slowing down. Will I have to replace it at some point or is this good for years?
Ride it 'till the wheels fall off matty. I have a Volcano dna 40 tube mod from years ago, put a battery in it the other day and an rda on top and it worked great lol.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sure mine has admittedly been abused but that just speaks for the quality of the product. Wouldn't you say so?
I would say that if the majority of people had the same experience as you. I've had the same experience with my RX200 but with mass produced devices it can go anyway.

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
As always, 2 is 1 & 1 is none. You'll always have a good built in reason to keep buying new gear. And considering how much they're used everyday, still a good deal better than buying smokes

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
assuming you do not damage the device
it ill depend on the mod itself
mech mods can last forever naturally
pwm mods can last decades with some maintenance
techincally a regulated mod that is made well could last decades as well

if it has a built in battery about 400-600 charge cycles
if it has replaceable batteries noone knows i gave ipv mods that are over 2 years old that get used ever day
but had a kooper plus die in about 3 months
my one ipv 5 i dont think is going to last years
the buttons get too dirty too easy and I have to tear it apart every few weeks to clean the contacts, I think I will eventually break it doing this or it will get so dirty or worn that the contacts will not come clean enough to use

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well Matty, I'm in the same boat as you... My alien though will be 9 mths old on the 6th... I just bit the bullet on my first new mod since then.... A vaporesso Revenger!!! Remember, you never know when your equipment will fail... back up for your back ups for your back ups :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have only had one MOD kiss the ghost since I started buying MOD's but for that one I have a replacement still in a box that I got under warranty because it had a cosmetic problem. Although it did bite the bullet (because I dropped it and broke the battery door) and none of mine have died so far. If the built in battery MOD's die I might replace the cells because it can be done as long is it is done properly.

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well Matty, I'm in the same boat as you... My alien though will be 9 mths old on the 6th... I just bit the bullet on my first new mod since then.... A vaporesso Revenger!!! Remember, you never know when your equipment will fail... back up for your back ups for your back ups :)
funny you say that! a revenger is looking pretty sweet if i were to run out and by something but I'm controlling myself hence this thread lol

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
funny you say that! a revenger is looking pretty sweet if i were to run out and by something but I'm controlling myself hence this thread lol
Well My alien is my only mod and everytime someone posts that their alien kicked out it makes me nervous... even though I have had zero issues with it. Also.. I just wanted something new.. and to make my alien my back up ;)

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well My alien is my only mod and everytime someone posts that their alien kicked out it makes me nervous... even though I have had zero issues with it. Also.. I just wanted something new.. and to make my alien my back up ;)

I have had several mods that have lasted but I trade and buy new ones way too often. I have had my best luck with mods that have a DNA chip. I haven't had good luck with Smok mods and so based on my experience, you got a good one. Never hurts to have extras as backups at least that is what I keep telling myself. :):):)

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree backup for backups & that's the good thing about cheap mods. Back ups are affordable :)

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I still have my first real mod that's more than 4 1/2 years old.
It's a vamo v2 and a protank v1.
It still works if i put a battery in it.

I've had two mods break in my 5 years of vaping.
A parallel mech box that had been built shitty and a brand new smok skyhook that i won and the tank leaked all into the batteries and chip on the second fill up.
But i won the skyhook which i never would have bought so i really can't be too mad About it breaking.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I still have my first real mod that's more than 4 1/2 years old.
It's a vamo v2 and a protank v1.
It still works if i put a battery in it.

I've had two mods break in my 5 years of vaping.
A parallel mech box that had been built shitty and a brand new smok skyhook that i won and the tank leaked all into the batteries and chip on the second fill up.
But i won the skyhook which i never would have bought so i really can't be too mad About it breaking.
Mods for me just seem to last forever but I baby my mods & have friends that have used the same mods an fucked them up within 8 months. I'm actually really clumsy but never seem to drop mods really.
I dropped my archon onto concrete though and it didn't last long after that. I wish aspire hadn't made a mod from freaking plastic. So no wouldn't get another!

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Been vaping since November 2013. Own 19 regulated mods. Have not had one issue with any of them. They all still are perfect. Of course, I do read the instructions and don't overtighten my atties, if they don't sit flush, don't crank them down so they do. Every instruction manual contains the sentence, "Do not overtighten atomizer", yet everyone does and then wants warranty coverage when the "check atomizer" messages start appearing. LOL

VU Sponsors