Become a Patron!

how long before changong cotton wick

djmunster

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bought a kayfun about 3 weeks ago built a .5 coil and used cotton,,how long hefore i should change the cotton
thanks

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I also go on taste. Some juices are hard on coils / wicks. Some are not. I've gone over a month without changing my Fogger V4+ build. I've also needed to change after a few days. Going by taste really is the simple answer.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
bigger diameter coils hold more cotton, and more cotton makes it more sturdy and lasts longer. dry hits come before cotton is completely dry so cotton wont burn at all. just something i picked up on recently

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I pick one day of the week to redo all my tanks. I clean them thoroughly (and the burn/wash coils), rebuild the coils if I need to, and change the wick.
I have 5 RBAs and 2 RDAs and swap them out at different points of the day to keep my taste fresh.
It doesn't bother me to do it, sort of like it.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Would recommend you periodically check your insulator on your Kayfun if you are running a .5ohm build ;)

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As soon as it tastes bad. Simple answer, but thats about it.

It will taste bad/burnt.....time to change.
Before it gets bad/burnt taste you will notice a dropoff in flow rate and cloud density...usually means the cotton is gooping up from all the caramelized juice in the wick

A fresh cotton wick in my protank heads even at 6.5 watts, get good flavor and pretty good clouds...a week or so of heavy vaping and it starts tapering...if I keep pushing it...about another week and blarrrgh

On the big RBA or drippers...what Thunderball said

djmunster

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
thanks for the replies ,i been changing about once a week and its seems to work out well

VU Sponsors