Become a Patron!

How is your Aspire Cleito 120 holding up?

Badfrog

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Long story short, I had the 120 and when it worked, it was great. But then it got vapor lock (just wouldn't allow the coils to soak up juice without loosening the top) and coils wouldn't last but for a day or two.

I dropped out of vaping for several reasons (too long to post) and I'd like to do it again. I see tons of happy campers on retail sites talking about their Cleito 120 and I'm wondering if I should give it a shot again (get a new tank)? I really liked it when it worked. Otherwise, I have no idea what other tanks to think about trying.

I'm not looking for super clouds, I just want to get good flavor and not have a bunch of hassles with the tank not working. Just seemed like I had really bad luck (last fall I had a couple of Cleito 120s and they all developed the same issues within a few weeks.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I feel the cleito is still a relevant tank. There really hasn't been any giant leaps in pre coil tanks for awhile. Cleito was one of the 1st with giant juice channels. The juice lock problem can seem to happen with all tanks, just neg pressure building up.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My og Cleito is doing ok, not as smooth as when new, but ok. My Cleito 120 has been awful, just like described above, starting about 4 weeks after the purchase. Not sure if it can't sit with juice in it, if the tolerances are poor, bad o-ring, or other..

Making pin holes in the cotton and burping it did not help. I use the tfv8 with the Q4 now for vaping in that wattage range, and a variety of others for a little less power.

Pre built seems to have its' limitations. I do find the tfv8 cloud beast to be mostly hassle free. I see good things about the FireLuke. I also have mid wattage tanks for flavor in the 65-70w range, some pretty old school by now.

gamecockfan04

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Same issues with my 120, I really wish there was a remedy or something aspire would do to fix this issue.
Im still using it along with the big baby beast which is a pretty good tank but coil life sucks on it.
I am also looking at the Fireluke in the future as a possible purchase.

Badfrog

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Same issues with my 120, I really wish there was a remedy or something aspire would do to fix this issue.
Im still using it along with the big baby beast which is a pretty good tank but coil life sucks on it.
I am also looking at the Fireluke in the future as a possible purchase.

Guy at my local shop said the fireluke had a similar design as the cleito and can suffer from the same problems. I ended up getting an eleaf melo 300. So far its been good and by golly it works! I'm just not going to tempt fate with the cleito 120 again. I'm moving on. In fact I have a Vaporesso Estoc Mega in the mail. Hoping it works well because the coils are cheap and easy to change.

If neither one of those tanks hold true, ill pull the trigger on a Sense Blazer Pro.

mrjgriffin413

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i'm vaping the cleito 120 as we speak and i'm thinking of replacing it but not because of the issue you mentioned OP but literally the opposite. whenever i open the tank to fill it up again bubbles just start shooting out of the coil like it's wicking and it actually floods my tank with juice. if my tank is hot when i do this it will leak, otherwise it just floods a bit and i have to vape a flooded tank for like 5-10 hits. very annoying. i actually just bought 2 more coils from my shop here in town hoping it was a coil issue but nope it's still flooding when i open the top. it never used to flood. this new coil i popped in 2 days ago has already burned slightly as well. currently vaping "unicorn cakes" by "vape breakfast classics" and its a relatively clear juice like fruit juices usually are. idk why this damn coil burnt so quick but i think i've had it with the cleito 120. been a decent run i suppose but my coils have always burnt up fast. maybe i just have bad luck. i do chain vape quite a bit.....but i run it at 100 watts and not its max 120 so i wish it would keep up. trying to cut back on my nicotine with 3mg juice so i kinda need to chainvape here and there.

mrjgriffin413

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My Fireluke was just delivered today so Ill update how it works in comparison.
please do. im leaning towards replacing mine with a fireluke , crown 3 or valyrian. crown 3 has ss coils though so in theory it should do better than the kanthal on fireluke and valyrian flavor wise but please let us know :D

Damn, I got so sick of reading good stuff about the cleito 120 mostly in YouTube comments that I ordered one and a pack of coils during labor day sales at elementvape while on vacation (still out of town). Most of these comments where in reviews of other tanks, and people said great coil life and flavor. For last two years been using Smok Tct and Crown 1 (both excellent multi month coil life). Been using Smok Big Baby for last 7 months(x4 coils my favorite) last 6 months. I DIY my own liquid so I will just use the cleito for testing. If I get 2 weeks or 100 ml per coiI will be happy. I realize now I should just have invested in an rdta but seriously felt like I missed out on this platform and wanted to try it out before it disappeared.

To the original poster I would suggest the Crown 3, you get a temp control capable coil, something almost non existent in 2017 (horizon Arco is also stainless)
If you want to give Smok a try start with tfv8 big baby. Personally I only find the x4 and q4 to have good flavor. Some people get poor life but some including me get about 2000 puffs per coil. Personally they should last longer and I think they would but their wire lacks in quality.

As long as we're discussing older tank systems I got to give Smok props for the TCT platform. I must have bought 15 of those (including the last 6 in existence in USA). Sold alot of used ones to friends. It's a shame as I have seen their coils last what seems to be indefinitely. My brother is going three months. When I was using it I tossed coils out of paranioa, not because they failed. I really wish they would make a gen 2.
Shame temp control didn't catch on, I don't think could life would still be a concern.

Will update this thread since I will have fresh take on this platform. Still on vacation till October.

Badfrog

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Damn, I got so sick of reading good stuff about the cleito 120 mostly in YouTube comments that I ordered one and a pack of coils during labor day sales at elementvape while on vacation (still out of town). Most of these comments where in reviews of other tanks, and people said great coil life and flavor. For last two years been using Smok Tct and Crown 1 (both excellent multi month coil life). Been using Smok Big Baby for last 7 months(x4 coils my favorite) last 6 months. I DIY my own liquid so I will just use the cleito for testing. If I get 2 weeks or 100 ml per coiI will be happy. I realize now I should just have invested in an rdta but seriously felt like I missed out on this platform and wanted to try it out before it disappeared.

To the original poster I would suggest the Crown 3, you get a temp control capable coil, something almost non existent in 2017 (horizon Arco is also stainless)
If you want to give Smok a try start with tfv8 big baby. Personally I only find the x4 and q4 to have good flavor. Some people get poor life but some including me get about 2000 puffs per coil. Personally they should last longer and I think they would but their wire lacks in quality.

As long as we're discussing older tank systems I got to give Smok props for the TCT platform. I must have bought 15 of those (including the last 6 in existence in USA). Sold alot of used ones to friends. It's a shame as I have seen their coils last what seems to be indefinitely. My brother is going three months. When I was using it I tossed coils out of paranioa, not because they failed. I really wish they would make a gen 2.
Shame temp control didn't catch on, I don't think could life would still be a concern.

Will update this thread since I will have fresh take on this platform. Still on vacation till October.

Actually the wife and I got the Crown 3 in the mail. I quickly found out that unless you give it a strong pull/hit, there is spit back. When the tank goes unused for more than an hour you get notable spit back no matter what you do. Otherwise the flavor and clouds are good.

I did get an Eleaf Melo 300 and that bad boy has been super smooth so far but I'm still just on the first coil.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Cleito 120- found o ring missing under the bottom plastic piece that sits on top of the glass, and replaced it with one of the tfv8 ones. It does seem to have stopped spitting and leaking but too early to know for sure.

Still think my cloud beast makes more flavor and clouds with less heat, and has better drip tip options. It can also use coils from melo 300, blazer 200, arco, duos, obs-v, illusion, etc. Flexible platform like the Atlantis and now the Baby Beast too.

Crown 3 is cheap now that the Valyrian is out. Not sure if worth $20 or just another tank. My uwell se1 is good enough to stay in the rotation, and is happy at just 67w.

As for stainless steel, it will spit if the tank is cold. I fire it for a few seconds before trying to vape it. Any tank with 316 or other SS.

Long story short, I had the 120 and when it worked, it was great. But then it got vapor lock (just wouldn't allow the coils to soak up juice without loosening the top) and coils wouldn't last but for a day or two.

I dropped out of vaping for several reasons (too long to post) and I'd like to do it again. I see tons of happy campers on retail sites talking about their Cleito 120 and I'm wondering if I should give it a shot again (get a new tank)? I really liked it when it worked. Otherwise, I have no idea what other tanks to think about trying.

I'm not looking for super clouds, I just want to get good flavor and not have a bunch of hassles with the tank not working. Just seemed like I had really bad luck (last fall I had a couple of Cleito 120s and they all developed the same issues within a few weeks.
I bought the Aspire Cleito and I hate it.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
About 12 hours after I got the new o ring in the C120, I started getting check atomizer warnings. Enough is enough with that pos.

Regular Cleitos seem great when new, but then they gradually deteriorate. Either vapor lock, leaking, or in my case, the draw isn't smooth like it used to be.

Thinking it was me, I got out the og bottom fill Herakles for a mid-wattage tank comparison. The Cleito wasn't even close.

Maybe because this type of tank is very o ring dependent or the way the top fill works. I think of the og Cleito as a disposable that now sells for the price of 2 packs of analogs.

VU Sponsors