Become a Patron!

how i quit using salt nic!

VapingReaper27

Member For 1 Year
so when i first really got into vaping i used nothing but salts but i was coming from using a can of dip a day so this was suffice enough to help me transition! one day though i had my old subohm device that i had bought 3mg freebase and tried it out it was the first time i truly had a mouth full of flavor! after that i just started getting into subohm vaping more and more. i started reaching for rda's and rebel more often. then after months of rather vaping 3mg i stared getting really sick of 50mg! so just recently i decided to get a kayfun mtl tank and bought some saphire nic additive i made some 12mg and 18 and am suprised that the 12mg is really helping me out! its not harsh or too strong and im very pleasant and happy to be done with nic salts! anyways just wanted to share and maybe inspire some that want to quit salt nics! its not hard at all if you use mtl and 12 or 18mg! they actually give you a throat hit too! i settled for a kayfun v5 and kayfun mini v3 but i did find a great deal for 3 high end tanks which also included the hurricane v2 at only $150! a steal worth over $400 all together! but what im trying to get at is that you dont need high end tanks to quit nic salts they have quit a bit of affordable mtl tanks! i hope that someone finds hope in this and decides to leave the salts behind much love and happy vapes!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
what im trying to get at is that you dont need high end tanks to quit nic salts

You could revise that to read:

What I'm trying to get at is that you don't need high end tanks to / enjoy vaping.

I can prove such a statement to myself rather easily. I pick up the Vindicator clone kit with its Kennedy clone RDA on top. I draw off my 18 mg/ml unflavored max vg vase juice. I get a fair cloud, subtle taste of sweetness as veggie sugars do make things sweet. I enjoy enough nicotine I can sit the kit down, go a few hours before needing another draw. Though can admit, there's times I need a fit of ten minutes of vaping.

The Vindicator kit ran me about $23 to $25 total with shipping costs figured in. I have a fair system for buying affordable gear. Any mod over $50 has to present itself as doing what I call a Jesus trick. "Can it walk on water for that price? Turn water to wine? Bring back the dead? Cure the blind? Cure leprosy? Feed multitudes with only two fish?" If the answer is negative, I'll pas on paying $50 or above on a mod. They usually go on sell soon after initial release for under $50 anyway, just wait a week to find a steal /erm, deal.

To find those deals look to @The Cromwell, @nadalama, @JuicyLucy. They're usually on the ball regarding deals. Don't pester these people though. They'll report back deals here on VU more often than not. If you do a genuine search for yourself and cannot come up with anything, then, okay post asking one of them if they can find anything but do it here in the main forums not privately. That lets others find deals as well.

I have much the same rule used for RDAs as I don't prefer RDTA/ Subohm Tanks/Tanks. The rule for RDA though cuts off at $25. Again I use the Jesus trick as the litmus test. I'll also mention too I don't particularly care for regulated mods, or mods needing more than one battery cell. I have one exception mod that is a dual battery mechanical. It was a gift from @JuicyLucy that I call "Baby". Baby doesn't get used much. She hits harder than a stuck in mule kicks. I can take it but will say it can knock my head back. :)

I've just not saw a need for all the high end bells and whistles. As I say you could use a sardine can for a mod and thimble for an RDA. The basic point to the gear is simple, atomize / vaporize the juice. If it does that well enough to suit you then enjoy your sardine can and thimble.

was coming from using a can of dip a day

If you don't mind my asking, what brand? I used to use a can of Coppenhagen daily at one point, took big old three (archer) finger full dips. I also smoked and chewed.

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
so when i first really got into vaping i used nothing but salts but i was coming from using a can of dip a day so this was suffice enough to help me transition! one day though i had my old subohm device that i had bought 3mg freebase and tried it out it was the first time i truly had a mouth full of flavor! after that i just started getting into subohm vaping more and more. i started reaching for rda's and rebel more often. then after months of rather vaping 3mg i stared getting really sick of 50mg! so just recently i decided to get a kayfun mtl tank and bought some saphire nic additive i made some 12mg and 18 and am suprised that the 12mg is really helping me out! its not harsh or too strong and im very pleasant and happy to be done with nic salts! anyways just wanted to share and maybe inspire some that want to quit salt nics! its not hard at all if you use mtl and 12 or 18mg! they actually give you a throat hit too! i settled for a kayfun v5 and kayfun mini v3 but i did find a great deal for 3 high end tanks which also included the hurricane v2 at only $150! a steal worth over $400 all together! but what im trying to get at is that you dont need high end tanks to quit nic salts they have quit a bit of affordable mtl tanks! i hope that someone finds hope in this and decides to leave the salts behind much love and happy vapes!

Glad to hear that you cut down the nic like that. Most of us here use salts every now and then with plus ohm coils and low wattage. I bought some to mix with, but I can’t vape them constantly, even at only 24mg.
Glad you’re enjoying vaping.

VU Sponsors