Become a Patron!

How does the SnowWolf compare to say a DNA200?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi people.

Quick question regarding mods. I found some money I forgot I had stashed away, plus am getting payed tomorrow, so have some pretty good vaping money for tommorow/Midnight tonight.

So, I have enough to get a good mod as well as my tanks. I have a DNA200, but I can not use it due to issues it had and gearbest are sending a replacement-but that could be 3-4 weeks till I get it.

So, I am thinking of getting my self a snow wolf. I have found it for a exceptionally good price in the UK, so I would have it on Tuesday.

I am probably NOT going to run this device, or the DNA200 for that matter-at 200 watts.

I want them for their performance.

So, what I really want to know, is is the snow wolf a worthwhile investment, as I was on the Edge with TC, after using the DNA200 I was a full convert. It was amazing.

If this can come close-I want it.

If not, could someone suggest me another device with great performance, that I can order tonight to get here for Tuesday?

It does not have to be a snow wolf-I just want a really good device-BUT IT NEEDS to be under £80.

Thanks everybody, hope you can help me get a great TC mod, Conan.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The DNA 200 is entirely different beast from the snow wolf. The DNA 200 is just what ir says it is - an evolution from the chip the snow wolf uses. Now no one is vaping at 200 watts. The DNA 200 is designed for TC like no other board. The escribe software makes it the most customizable mod on the market. I own a Sigelei 150 watt TC. It is a very nice mod. I also just ( two days old) purchased a HCigar DNA 200 and am getting used to the software. On the DNA 200 I can pretty much build whatever I like - claptons, stainless, fused, twisted, dual, quad. I use a tank as well - aTFV4 mini in TC. I get a much better vape than the Sigelei. Why? Well, the DNA 200 in TC immediately ramps up to your desired temp and stabilizes at that temp flawlessly.

Now I'm still learning what I can do with that software but I know I can diagnose, upload coil files, change screens, set proper battery values ... well anything really. I can use every atomizer I have and I have some radical RDA builds that I use.

So to answer your question. The snow wolf is an excellent mod. The sigelei is an excellent mod. Would I use them if I had a DNA 200 available? No. If I had issues and wanted a back up maybe, I would likely get one of those ( well, I already had one so I'm set). Honestly, if you have something you can use - anything - until you get your DNA 200, I would not buy a another mod. I would save my money for RDAs, RTAs and tanks. I have a Sigelei 75 w TC and I'm probably going to sell or trade my 150w TC - I'll just never use it now. I use my 75 watt when my DNA 200 is recharging.

There has been talk about the battery life on a DNA 200. With normal vaping at work I easily got a whole day before needing a recharge (this is the only time you need a back up). So the question is how expensive a back up do you want?

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As an IPV3 Li owner, i can tell you it's an excellent value. 200 watts with the firmware upgrade , and TC mode. Not to mention the nice touch sensor as an alternative fire button, and it's got an excellent YiHi chip in it.

Got mine for $75 US... about 50 GBP. Since you're seeking a backup, I see little sense in paying for the Snow Wolf, but hey... it is your money :)

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The DNA 200 is entirely different beast from the snow wolf. The DNA 200 is just what ir says it is - an evolution from the chip the snow wolf uses. Now no one is vaping at 200 watts. The DNA 200 is designed for TC like no other board. The escribe software makes it the most customizable mod on the market. I own a Sigelei 150 watt TC. It is a very nice mod. I also just ( two days old) purchased a HCigar DNA 200 and am getting used to the software. On the DNA 200 I can pretty much build whatever I like - claptons, stainless, fused, twisted, dual, quad. I use a tank as well - aTFV4 mini in TC. I get a much better vape than the Sigelei. Why? Well, the DNA 200 in TC immediately ramps up to your desired temp and stabilizes at that temp flawlessly.

Now I'm still learning what I can do with that software but I know I can diagnose, upload coil files, change screens, set proper battery values ... well anything really. I can use every atomizer I have and I have some radical RDA builds that I use.

So to answer your question. The snow wolf is an excellent mod. The sigelei is an excellent mod. Would I use them if I had a DNA 200 available? No. If I had issues and wanted a back up maybe, I would likely get one of those ( well, I already had one so I'm set). Honestly, if you have something you can use - anything - until you get your DNA 200, I would not buy a another mod. I would save my money for RDAs, RTAs and tanks. I have a Sigelei 75 w TC and I'm probably going to sell or trade my 150w TC - I'll just never use it now. I use my 75 watt when my DNA 200 is recharging.

There has been talk about the battery life on a DNA 200. With normal vaping at work I easily got a whole day before needing a recharge (this is the only time you need a back up). So the question is how expensive a back up do you want?
Ahh I will not get one then as I already own a DNA200. I just thought it looked cool for the collection.

Only thing is, I am waiting for a replacement part for my DNA200, so am using my SIG150TC and Xcube 2 for indoors, outdoors I am using the Sig 75 or IPV D2, that is unless I am using a standard kanthal build which I do use as well, then I either take the 150 non tc for battery life, Sig 30 or smowell 50, or even a mech if I know I won't be out long and fancy one.

It's just this replacement for the DNA200 could take up to a month, so I wanted something to kind of 'fill the gap' for now so to speak.

I guess the Sig 150TC can do that for me with NI200 well enough, and the Xcube with TI. I know about the trick of lowering temp to allow TI on NI200 mods, but it's just not the same to me. Due to the settings being different and such, it's alot more powerful than it should be with TI and can result in dry hits, even with the temp down as people have said.

I didn't order the snow wolf in the end-I just bought a new tank (OBS Crius ) and loads of concentrates from chefs vapours, plus some 22G kanthal and some 28 gauge NI200 as I had none of those gauges.

I have 9 regulated mods to use,10 when the battery is received for the DNA200, but after using the DNA200 while it was working-these other mods seem a downstep.

Please Don't get me wrong-they are fantastic mods, super cars if you will. It's just the DNA 200 was more like an old style rolls royce- Made for comfort-but if you needed it, you could surpass all other cars with its speed.
Not sure thats a good comparison, but all I could think of lol.

I guess I will just use those mods until then. After all, I did love them all, and still do, it's just the DNA200 seemed in a different league.

EDIT: Using the Sig 150TC actually seems to be the smoothest, followed by the IPV D2, xcube, and finally the SIG 75. They are all fantastic big/little mods for power mode though, just the single battery ones, especially the Sig 75, needs to be run much lower if you want battery life.
That is OK though, Most of my vaping with a tank is done 16-20 watts, up to 30 if the build requires it/the juice tastes better hotter. Thats with the lemo and subtank though-my SMOK RSBT2 dual coil needs to be run a bit higher, due to having dual 2MM coils. Drinks faster, but it is actually a very flavoursome tank, I would say it is basically an orchid with more air control and easier to wick.

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Honestly once I started using DNA200 mods, I really haven't used my other mods. I like my IPV3 Li to build on though. Reads to the thousandths (ohms) just press the + and - buttons for instant readout.

What I'm saying is my other mods are great mods, but to me my DNA200 mods are a cut above. Ive been spoiled by them :D.

Cheers,
Steve

VU Sponsors