Become a Patron!

How do you build your magma?

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just got a magma, and I had no idea the flavor would be this good. People kept saying it but I had no idea. The only thing is with 22 gauge, I choke on it. In all my other RDAs the same build works. So wanted to see how other people are building their magmas. Preferably with a build that gets warm vape.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You had no idea the flavor was that good ? Well when nearly every review you read says it's unbeatable for flavor somethings up , glad you found out , if i was starting out i would buy it first instead of buying a ton of others that pale in comparison.

Now onto the build , i use a single large diameter coil (1/8th size mandrel) and like higher than normal ohm , anywhere from 1.2 ohm's up to 2.0 (yes 2.0) , this thing kicks out incredible flavor regardless of ohm range imo.

I like the larger size coil because it allows a lot of wick to be pulled through it , i leave the ends long and tuck both ends deep down into the well , fill and your in vape heaven .

Very important to make sure both air holes are open , you can easily leave one open and the other closed so take a look and make sure both are open.

Enjoy

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
One of the great things about the Magma is it's easy to build whatever you want, almost!

So far I'm pretty happy with dual 29 gauge 2mm 7/8 coils, working out at about 0.8 ohms altogether, for most juices. But I've also just done a build for a gunker juice that's dual 28 gauge 3mm 7/8 (1.1 ohm total for the pair) which I run at slightly higher watts - the extra wick really helps it stay working for longer before gunking up.

I'll get some fatter wire soon, but really it's just for curiosity's sake - I'm quite happy with them as they are now, for now :cool:

Oh, I got some of the correct size ribbon to make Mundy's Magic Twisted recently. When I get time I'll be trying that in the Magma too, it should rock :D

Single coil, 26g 7 wraps, 2.4mm OD (~0.85ohm), 1 xl airflow.
But honestly I use it on a VV device so sometimes I bump it from 20W to 25-30W :)

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I do a single coil 26g on a 3mm drive at 10 wraps. Comes out around 1.4Ω - 1.5Ω

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
single coil 24 gauge at .7 ohms, 3.0 ID vaped at 35 watts. This thing rocks, ive tried the veritas, viking, and origen, the only thing that comes close is the origen. If the magma wasnt so prone to leaking it would be head and shoulders above everything instead of just the best i have tried 8).

SeniorBoy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
If you build single coils for your Magma try this tip to prevent juice leaks out of the AFC hole.

BEFORE your build, screw the Magma onto your mod and note which AFC hole is facing away from you as you tilt the mod to vape. Saying this another way, you normally tilt your mod to vape. When you do this look for the AFC hole that sits on the other side/away from you. Remember it and then place your build on that side of the deck. BTW, this has no effect on the vape and you will still be in wicking heaven. If you own a REO the same principal/procedure is used with the RM2 and other attys.

HTH

:)

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
single coil 24 gauge at .7 ohms, 3.0 ID vaped at 35 watts. This thing rocks, ive tried the veritas, viking, and origen, the only thing that comes close is the origen. If the magma wasnt so prone to leaking it would be head and shoulders above everything instead of just the best i have tried 8).

The Magma is prone to leaking if dripped regularly from the top to fill , of course that is how dripper's are traditionally used but with the Magma in particular it causes a lot of issues.

Two ways to avoid this actually , when out and about bring along your juice but equip it with a long needle stem filler cap , sticking the longer needle top down into the well helps a great deal to prevent leakage .

When you just drip in from the top using a standard bottle the juice tends to collect around the air holes and not always directly down into the well . Lets just say this RDA is much more prone to having that happen than others.

The other thing to prevent leakage is to unscrew and refill , this dripper performs great when you tuck a lot of wick deep into the well and don't overfill , just keep it wet .

I have experienced no leakage at all with the Magma doing these things.

zolt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Right now I'm using two strands of twisted 28ga twisted together in the same direction, single coil around a 2mm drill. It came out at .4 ohms. I'm using it on a mech and with both the airflow holes open and the flavor is amazing.

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Gonna have to try a single coil from what I'm reading. I tried dual with 28 gauge and the flavor is there but the vape is lacking.

VU Sponsors