Become a Patron!

How do people find the Efest 20700's?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi everyone, I yesterday got my first working squonker, a 80W pulse, and with it my first 20700 battery.

I usually avoid Efest like the plague, but after reading Mooch's tests I got my first 20700. While it was charging, I used one of my LG HE4's with adapter to get going.

I expected a fair bit longer runtime with the 3000MAH, and not stressing the battery as much as it is a 30A CDR vs 20A CDR cell.

This isn't the case though, I seem to actually have got the same, maybe even a bit less with the 20700 compared to a 2500MAH 18650. Surely this isn't right?

So if anyone else can comment on this cell, and how they find it compared to 18650's, it would be nice to know. I was looking forward to 20700's, being a new cell type that is not much bigger than an 18650, but with crazy amp ratings and great capacity, but I'm not very impressed if I'm honest.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I notice the same thing running a single cell 20700 Ijoy (5 legged) in that it loses its punch pretty quickly compared with a 18650 VTC5A

It’s capacity might be greater but it can’t keep its nominal voltage up for long enough

probably works better in series mate

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is it cause it’s an event branded battery?
What’s a reliable brand of 20700 for the pulse?

I have an Ampking one and it’s okay.. I think it last just a little longer compared to when I use the Sony VTC5 18650. To be honest, I can’t tell the difference..

VU Sponsors