Become a Patron!

How do I prevent the room from filling up so much that the smoke alarm goes off?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A box fan with a HVAC filter attached to the intake side does help.

I suggested this in the other thread with the same topic but here is the answer.........

1by5zx.jpg

Poppins

Member For 1 Year
Great. I feel like I made some real friends here... And by friends I mean trolls of course.

Her PhD is a science PhD believe it or not. Being married to her is not easy at all to say the least. She does ignore a lot. I have a bachelor's in philosophy and linguistics so I do have a good deal of expertise in a lot of different areas. I suggested once that I could teach her how to be more rational (I have all of the fallacies memorized and if I detect even a hint of irrationality I call people out on it... unless I think it's best not to or ok given the circumstances).

Your idea to put a HEPA filter at the fans intake sounds like a great idea though. I might try it out.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Great. I feel like I made some real friends here... And by friends I mean trolls of course.

Her PhD is a science PhD believe it or not. Being married to her is not easy at all to say the least. She does ignore a lot. I have a bachelor's in philosophy and linguistics so I do have a good deal of expertise in a lot of different areas. I suggested once that I could teach her how to be more rational (I have all of the fallacies memorized and if I detect even a hint of irrationality I call people out on it... unless I think it's best not to or ok given the circumstances).

Your idea to put a HEPA filter at the fans intake sounds like a great idea though. I might try it out.
Funny trolls though right?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I posted that suggestion yesterday in the Dehumidifier thread............

dfa479a8-ee2f-44fc-8cf5-8e2f0f48cff1.png

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Out of idle curiousity; when you smoked, where did you smoke?
Did you smoke in the house?

If so; why not try using a mouth to lung setup indoors and save the cloud chucking gear for out?
Plenty of inexpensive mouth to lung tanks out there.

Poppins

Member For 1 Year
Out of idle curiousity; when you smoked, where did you smoke?
Did you smoke in the house?

If so; why not try using a mouth to lung setup indoors and save the cloud chucking gear for out?
Plenty of inexpensive mouth to lung tanks out there.

I haven't had a single puff of smoke since October 2015. I smoked outside.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I haven't had a single puff of smoke since October 2015. I smoked outside.
Ok, well... what is the issue with vaping the same way you smoked?
A lot of us follow the same public policies on smoking out of respect for others.
Or-
As was suggested get a smaller mouth to lung tank for in your home.

Poppins

Member For 1 Year
I don't want to have to leave my desk while I'm working (I work from home), I don't want to step out into the heat and humidity when it's hot (I like going outside, I do go outside for breaks from work or my wife), and I don't want to step out into the frigid cold in the winter.

I just want to become a blob.

Poppins

Member For 1 Year
I live in Michigan. This global warming thing has worked out pretty well here so far lol. I'm being rewarded by God. I can swim in the middle of October at 75 degrees outside.

I think I'm going to go disc golf with my friend. It's going to be sweet. I think I'll have myself a beer!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don't want to have to leave my desk while I'm working (I work from home), I don't want to step out into the heat and humidity when it's hot (I like going outside, I do go outside for breaks from work or my wife), and I don't want to step out into the frigid cold in the winter.

I just want to become a blob.
Soooo get yourself a mouth to lung tank.. ie: Kayfun prime, zenith mtl or Squape...

Poppins

Member For 1 Year
You know what? I have a smoke buddy that I forgot about... I'm currently using it for something else but maybe I'll brush off the dust and start using that again.

Either way though this fan on the smoke alarm and dehumidifier/air purifier is doing the trick pretty well.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Is it snowing on you already Steve?

No, that was last year after being in the truck for 10-12 hours Snow Plowing I needed a good meal. So I BBQ'ed some Sirloins on the back Patio vaping the whole time. It was 87 degreees here today and trying to get the woman to join me for a pick-nick on the Beach one of these weekends.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
No, that was last year after being in the truck for 10-12 hours Snow Plowing I needed a good meal. So I BBQ'ed some Sirloins on the back Patio vaping the whole time. It was 87 degreees here today and trying to get the woman to join me for a pick-nick on the Beach one of these weekends.

Nice. I would like some 87 degree weather. Its still hotter than hell here.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
You know what? I have a smoke buddy that I forgot about... I'm currently using it for something else but maybe I'll brush off the dust and start using that again.

Either way though this fan on the smoke alarm and dehumidifier/air purifier is doing the trick pretty well.

See, VU already saving you from being horse whipped and chained to the toilet by your ninja-rage-doctor-wife-comander.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I literally wouldnt survive. I like to dabble in snow, like a little bit on the windshield kind of dabble. Anymore than that, my bones all start hurting.

The more inches means more dollars in my pocket or checking account. I have been Snow Plowing for damn close to 40 years and been driving in White Out Conditions and Thunder Snow Storms for years. Gets so freaking hot in my truck after 6-8 hours I am down to a Tee Shirt and when I get out of the truck to collect people ask aren't you cold? I have been sitting in a sauna while you were sleeping~! You have to keep the heat and defrosters going or the windows Ice Up.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

I think you guys need to go on Jerry Springer

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
If we keep this up, Poppins is going to have enough material to spark his Master of Philosophy degree.

“Vaping Communities and Their Forum Thread Tangental Evolution: A Study in a Vortex of Madness”

8FF190DC-E5A4-4B24-83CD-EB0FB6368EF4.jpeg

JuicyLucy reminds the VU Executive Committee of the bylaws after an outburst from Delegate EJ of California who caused a ruckus by shouting out, “Fuck the system!!!”

Add edit - Poppins, I should have included.....
Good on ya mate; we’re mainly just a internet version of Oddfellows Local 151.

Last edited:

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Her PhD is a science PhD believe it or not.

Problem solved.

Just ask HER how to reduce the vapor so the smoke alarm does not go off in your mother-in-law's basement and how not to irritate her.

She should be the expert on both counts. No amount of information from random people on the internet will top her scientist and personal experience. :)

Then do what she says. (You're going to anyway)

Poppins

Member For 1 Year
I'm only going to do what my wife tells me because I don't want to hear the shrill of her voice lol. Other than that I don't care. Sometimes, like now, I go against her because I want to do something for myself for once... like opening up my dehumidifier package and using it anyways because f her. It's keep the basement clear of the fog for days now and she hasn't complained even once... except that the electric bill is higher than normal.

I miss her right now though. I'm going home.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Damn if the saying grow a set of balls was ever so fitting............................... :vino:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Steve, I'm thinking his wife is imaginary and lives in his computer.
You know how these basement dwellers are!

Yeah someone else brought up fantasies before. I am still trying to figure out why no one has thought about why two people with supposed PHD's are living in the MIL's basement (with NO Windows). Now if it was to take care of her she would be living with them IMO. But maybe I think like someone who lives in the real world and not under the bridge like all the a-Holes who can't respond any other way when you nail them on the WHY....................

Last edited:

Poppins

Member For 1 Year
Let me explain then. Her father resigned from his industry (being a COO) because his company tried to get him to sign off on steel that did not meet the qualifications for being safe to use for their purposes (of which I cannot disclose). He made over $200k a year. Shortly afterwards his company (name not disclosed) tried to bribe him to come back by offering more ($500k yearly). Because of his moral compass he declined and I'm sure, knowing him (who is even more steadfast than my wife), there were consequences for those people.

His wife worked in a factory, slaving away in temperatures that typically exceeded 104F on a good day, because she wanted to. She didn't trust her husband to leave her at home as a stay at home wife because she is foreign and didn't think that she would be able to get another job.

Well, because he resigned, they only had a very small income and needed help immediately. My wife, being as smart as she is (during the recession mind you), thought about the 3 things that you can bank on at any time, even during a recession. Those 3 things are death, weddings, and taxes. She decided that she would start selling her services as a wedding seating company so she moved in with her parents, bought a ton of chair cases, sashes, linens, etc. and used that business to help her mother and father to keep their home and live well. Her business was making more than $10k per weekend at its height.

Needless to say, no one in the family actually had passion for that business... but really, who would? So her dad said screw this and quit, her husband at the time was unreliable, ingrateful, and thought he was entitled to everything without earning it (NPD), her son was not reliable because he had friendships and needs that only his friends could help with, and it ended up being left to her and whatever makeshift crew she could conjure up to get the job done. It was not easy...

Her and her husband broke up, he took all of her money (including her entire retirement fund of over half a million USD), and split without notice. Real garbage guy, no one approved of him... once again, full blown NPD.

After their divorce was final, 4 days later I started talking intimately with her. She had just gotten her PhD and opened up her own practice, where she had very important, famous, well-known people that paid her very well for therapy.

After things started getting serious with her and I, I (somewhat forcefully) moved in with her. Her entire family loves me and approved of me pretty early in our relationship. I gave them no reason not to and every reason to. The skills that I have are rare and a lot of very large (and very small) companies are looking for people with my skillset, and they are willing to pay a lot of money for it.

Well, I didn't want to have anything to do with the seating business and I had (and have) plenty enough income to support her, her mother, and her son (her father ended up killing himself, whole nother story), and buy anything we want and go on trips every week/weekend if we wanted, and we did that often (my entire house is a smart house and I've been to Niagara Falls probably about 50 times by now, those just being one example). So she sold her businesses and closed her practice (now doing therapy remotely and is always on call, but for the most part gave her patients referrals to other therapists that she trusts).

I am the head of the household now and provide for her family entirely (besides her mother social security income) and spoil the shit out of everyone, including my own family (which is somewhat large as well).

Sorry for boring you guys and wasting your time though, I'll stop there.

Poppins

Member For 1 Year
My step son is my best friend and her mother loves me. We've all been through a lot together and yet we have stuck together very well. I think that my living situation is ideal... I vape whenever I want, I just try to keep my wife happy by not setting off the smoke alarm and waking her mother and son up, let alone annoy ourselves with that horrible loud beeping that it makes. My solution worked, that's what really matters. She hasn't bitched about me vaping too much since. All I do now is tell Alexa when I'm vaping or not and the solution plays out. No fog, no alarm going off.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think that my living situation is ideal...

No windows and can't vape, sounds more like being in jail............... You posted too much BS to start backtracking now, so just give it up already. 137 posts in this thread alone so you can figure out what to do about clouds. I don't need a PHD to figure that one out there dude..................

Poppins

Member For 1 Year
If we keep this up, Poppins is going to have enough material to spark his Master of Philosophy degree.

“Vaping Communities and Their Forum Thread Tangental Evolution: A Study in a Vortex of Madness”

I've literally typed out 4 different ideas for a masters thesis name now and nothing beats yours.

"On the Quality of Global Vaping Affairs: can there be a Forum where Genius Minds can reach Physical Subjects?" -one example. The rest are shit.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm sure you guys have been asked this question a million times by now but I need help...

I live in a basement at my mother-in-laws house. I, however, love to vape and do not want to go outside all the time to do it... The basement typically, if I hit it enough (which is no where near how much I want to hit it), fills up with a tiny fog at the top of the room. Once that fog reaches the smoke alarm, BEEP BEEP BEEP! FIRE BEEP BEEP BEEP! FIRE... you get what I mean.

What's the best way to prevent this from happening? DO NOT TELL ME TO STOP VAPING SO MUCH

Thanks for the help!
Wow that was painfull to read all that. Mildly entertaining but painfull. If it were me I would move out of the mother in-law's basement, divorce my wife, reclaim my testicles from her purse and hit the road with my best friend. (step-son) But that is just what I would do. Not sugesting...

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
I'm sure you guys have been asked this question a million times by now but I need help...

I live in a basement at my mother-in-laws house. I, however, love to vape and do not want to go outside all the time to do it... The basement typically, if I hit it enough (which is no where near how much I want to hit it), fills up with a tiny fog at the top of the room. Once that fog reaches the smoke alarm, BEEP BEEP BEEP! FIRE BEEP BEEP BEEP! FIRE... you get what I mean.

What's the best way to prevent this from happening? DO NOT TELL ME TO STOP VAPING SO MUCH

Thanks for the help!
Vape near a window with a small fan exhausting out, I use one in my vape room that works fine.
Capture.JPGyh55ejhhj5hj5.JPG

Poppins

Member For 1 Year
What if there aren't any windows though?

...I just returned my dehumidifier, which helped a lot but my wife didn't approve of, and I bought an air purifier. Without windows I'm going to need a filter of some sort to catch the vapor, so I decided to throw everything at it. Hepa, Charcoal, Carbon, and another one all in one.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
What if there aren't any windows though?

...I just returned my dehumidifier, which helped a lot but my wife didn't approve of, and I bought an air purifier. Without windows I'm going to need a filter of some sort to catch the vapor, so I decided to throw everything at it. Hepa, Charcoal, Carbon, and another one all in one.
Time to put a hole in the wall with adding a exhaust fan. DIY is cheap.
white-broan-bath-fans-509-64_1000.jpg

Broan[/paste:font]
180 CFM Through-the-Wall Exhaust Fan

(98)

Questions & Answers (57)
  • Eliminate humidity, tobacco smoke and cooking odors
  • Ventilates larger spaces up to 225 sq. ft.
  • Easy to install and built-in damper reduces back drafts

Searching

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
WTH? Why is forum software making me second guess myself? o_O

UFE9nXQ.jpg

VU Sponsors