Become a Patron!

How do I get the most out of my falcon coils?

EquivalentExchange

Member For 3 Years
I just bought a Falcon tank by Horizon Tech and I absolutely love this thing. This thing out performs my other smok tanks and while using less wattage and the flavor is just top notch. However I normally use RDAs and I haven’t used tanks this much in a while but one issue I have with any tanks I use is that my coils never seem to last even a week.

I’ve had people tell me their falcon tanks coils have lasted them several weeks. I’m always within the wattage and I try not to chain vape and I always prime them before I use them. This again is not exclusive to my falcon and happens on all my smok tanks as well. Anything I should be doing to extend the life?

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Juice is going to play heavily into this. Higher VG and from my experience darker and sweet juices will just use the coil up. My DIY 100% VG will not even run in some factory coils, they do better if the tank handles a vacuum well but burn out quick if they do not.

EquivalentExchange

Member For 3 Years
Juice is going to play heavily into this. Higher VG and from my experience darker and sweet juices will just use the coil up. My DIY 100% VG will not even run in some factory coils, they do better if the tank handles a vacuum well but burn out quick if they do not.

I’ve been using a 70/30 Vapetasia Lemonade blend which seems pretty normal and it’s definitley a lighter liquid in color, it was feeling burnt out then but I put some Tomebomb Eliquid’s Maniac which is a darker custard juice and I can taste it a bit less but I think it’s because the flavor profile is stronger. Is there a limit to how much you should vape a tank at a time? Or do you know if you shouldn’t tilt the tank that much since the eliquid will tilt with it? I’ll definitely try another lighter liquid on my next coil to see how it effects things. Thanks for the info!

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I’ve been using a 70/30 Vapetasia Lemonade blend which seems pretty normal and it’s definitley a lighter liquid in color, it was feeling burnt out then but I put some Tomebomb Eliquid’s Maniac which is a darker custard juice and I can taste it a bit less but I think it’s because the flavor profile is stronger. Is there a limit to how much you should vape a tank at a time? Or do you know if you shouldn’t tilt the tank that much since the eliquid will tilt with it? I’ll definitely try another lighter liquid on my next coil to see how it effects things. Thanks for the info!

I am not known to handle anything delicately or with kid gloves. I fill it to the top, sometimes it lays on its side and I expect it to run what I put in it. Its been sometime since I have depended on stock coils and i really only use them when traveling and it would be difficult to build.

My wife likes them and still uses them but she uses one 50/50 blend liquid.

VU Sponsors