Become a Patron!

How comes such differences?

Hello there, browsing the "self liquid preparation" forum section i saw many people using flavours with very hight %
In some of the italian forums i follow they use to say that in the world people uses to go heavy About them while we dont.... and i can't understand how comes :D

I mean, i use flavourart, dks, parfume apprentice, and my favourite producer avoria flavours.... and if i try to push myself over 8% with most of those.... i will just produce a gross and Not vapeable liquid!!

How is it possibile to push some of your recipes to over 20% of flavour?!
Are our flavours so different? :p
Or it s just About tounge?! :D

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would think that if you use a VG max, you will find more flavor if you use 11% to 20% if you use a 50/50 ratio of pg/vg you might find people using 8% to 12% and if you go with a max PG you can get away with 6% to 8% due to the fact that PG carries the flavor more. I personally do not DIY yet, but when I used homemade juices from an acquaintance of mine, it was made with 8% flavorings and a 50/50 mix,it was great. When I tried the same flavor from him in an all VG blend, the 8% flavorings were non existent to me. I would think those who want more flavor in their juice and use Max VG, you would really want to go above 12% and up to 20%.
What is the percentage of your juice mix?

Hey celtic, Yep i didnt mentioned that i use a 55-35-10 (pg-vg-H2O) base.
But most of people using full VG still uses "low %" compared to some of those i saw there :p

Usually my % goes from 3% up to 6% i rarely push it over.
(I usually make mixes with 2 or 3 flavours and the sum of those gives max 6% :) )

I think that also a full VG base couldnt go over 20% of flavour....
I think that most of the flavours you guys uses just have a different concentration then the ones that we're used to buy or..... you re just crazy? :D

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am 5150 lol, have it tattooed across my back. A lot of the max VG puffers don't care as much for flavor as they do "clouds" in my opinion. We have a lot of cloud chasers here. We all use US based flavors here, DIY and commercially, where is the country origin of your flavorings? And can you link some of the flavorings you use for the US DIY fellows here. On a side note, Americans are notorious for being greedy and gluttonous lol, I'm sure you guys have a much more delicate palate than most of us, we eat too many cheeseburgers and drink to much soda. Damn fast food has destroyed this country. I personally cut my family off from fast food a year and a half ago, getting to the point we rarely drink soda anymore as well, my flavor palate has gotten much more aware now.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I use anywhere from 60 up to 90% VG without having to adjust my flavors in any recipe. 7-8% total flavoring in a complex mix is about max for me. I generally stay around 5% or less total flavoring. thats for flavor art. other brands vary a lot. I have recipes up to 25% but i rarely vape those.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I always thought over 12% would get it all watery for you max vg guys, does your 25% recipe happen to be a bakery flavor?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I always thought over 12% would get it all watery for you max vg guys, does your 25% recipe happen to be a bakery flavor?
it depends on the brand of flavoring that I am using and what flavor in particular. flavor art and inawera are generally used very low. TFA, capellas, LA, FW stuff like that are in the middle to high range area.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
but then there are some TFA that I use fractions to just a couple % and some flavor art Ill start around 3-4% . all flavors are different. you just have to try them all lol.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am 5150 lol, have it tattooed across my back. A lot of the max VG puffers don't care as much for flavor as they do "clouds" in my opinion. We have a lot of cloud chasers here. We all use US based flavors here, DIY and commercially, where is the country origin of your flavorings? And can you link some of the flavorings you use for the US DIY fellows here. On a side note, Americans are notorious for being greedy and gluttonous lol, I'm sure you guys have a much more delicate palate than most of us, we eat too many cheeseburgers and drink to much soda. Damn fast food has destroyed this country. I personally cut my family off from fast food a year and a half ago, getting to the point we rarely drink soda anymore as well, my flavor palate has gotten much more aware now.

A bit off topic but I agree with your palate changing based on diet.
Three years ago to help boost my mother's immune system in her cancer fight I tossed all processed foods, all food with canola, soy and HFCS. Since I was doing all the foods I switched my diet as well.
For the last three years the stench of fast food makes me retch, mom has now gotten to the point where she can smell it also and I find it humorous.
We drove by an applebee's and she asked if I had shit myself or was there roadkill she missed seeing. I explained to her that is what I smell every single time we pass a fast food place for the last three years. I told her WAIT till you can smell it on people it will warp your mind.

I mostly use flavourat (italian) and avoria (german) flavours.
I never tried any american flavour cause it's just Not possibile to buy from you :( we get supermega taxes if they find out the pack comes from USA!
(It s insane, we can actually buy everything from china but we can't buy from USA, i wish it were the opposite :) )

Anyway, FA does have its own suggested % and you just can't go too far from those.... if you do you re creating something disgusting :p
With avoria and some other brand flavour i do can change with something more But yes, i can't anyhow reach just 15% or 20%... it would make me puke :p

The only USA liquid i ever saw was one with sugar cup and "funny" skull figures over it!
I can't remember its brend But it was a nice strawberry and vanilla combo! Btw it was sooo expensive, something like 20€ for 20ml :D
My own produced liquids costs to me up to 0,5€ each 20ml!!!!
How much yours costs? :)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
RARELY do I go to 10% total flavoring. I use mainly FA, but I do have HS, INW, TFA, and CAPS in my arsenal. But I don't even use those at high%. It can depend on the vaper. If someone is newer to ecig use, their tongue still suffers from cig use and might need a tad higher percentages for a bit till they recover more from smoking. I was that way. All the pre-mades I used to buy were very boldly flavored. I never noticed how much! till I started mixing my own. I still like stronger flavors than some, but nothing like it used to be.

My starting % with most any flavor, lately, as a standalone, would be 2% and go from there. For some flavorings, even 2% is way too high.

Last edited:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
RARELY do I go to 10% total flavoring. I use mainly FA, but I do have HS, INW, TFA, and CAPS in my arsenal. But I don't even use those at high%. It can depend on the vaper. If someone is newer to ecig use, their tongue still suffers from cig use and might need a tad higher percentages for a bit till they recover more from smoking. I was that way. All the pre-mades I used to buy were very boldly flavored. I never noticed how much! till I started mixing my own. I still like stronger flavors than some, but nothing like it used to be.

My starting % with most any flavor, lately, as a standalone, would be 2% and go from there. For some flavorings, even 2% is way too high.
Some of the TFA offerings 1 drop more than 1-2 per 30 ml can wreck a mix.
Noticed that with some FA flavors as well.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Most FA flavors are pretty concentrated. I really like them and use them a lot! If mixing something complex, I'll start my main flavor at 2%, 3%max. Anything else going in is 1% at most, usually at 0.5%. Some even less. FA is great!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I mostly use flavourat (italian) and avoria (german) flavours.
I never tried any american flavour cause it's just Not possibile to buy from you :(

Teddy, you aren't missing out on much! I'm in the middle of the U.S., using mostly FlavourArt flavorings. After collecting many brands, FlavourArt are the ones I usually like best. They're more concentrated than American brands, and I think most of FA's taste better. When I use American brands, I use (on average) 3 times more flavoring to get similar strength.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I used the flavor apprentice exclusively, I was at 15 to 25% flavor.

With FA , I'm around 3 to 5 % flavors and we're talking 7 or 8 flavor juices and high VG.

I think there is no relevance whether you use high PG or high VG after it has fully mixed.

2 to 4 hours In a crock pot and it's all mixed up for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeadShort

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You also can not ignore the fact that a lot of vapors tongues are half dead and need more flavorings than others.
We have more than a few super tasters here contributing great recipes and their percentages can be quite a bit lower than others here.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ah yea, good ol vape tongue, got to love that!

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Vaper's tongue is one thing, "dead tongue" is another. Just like our lungs, our tongue (the ability to taste) is damaged by years of smoking. The longer you smoked, the amount and how long it has been since you quit, all determine the extent and recovery time.
I know for me, after more than 35 years of smoking, I still notice changes in taste. My wife, who still smokes, will season food to her taste and I can't stand to eat it. Too strong.

Sent from my AX733 using Tapatalk

I dont know, i saw many people with same experience of heavy smoker for 30years or so still sitting at 8% max 10%!

I still belive there must be something different between some of USA's flavours and the ones i use!

Btw trust me, we have mcdonalds there aswell and our tongues arent so much different :D

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I dont know, i saw many people with same experience of heavy smoker for 30years or so still sitting at 8% max 10%!

I still belive there must be something different between some of USA's flavours and the ones i use!

Btw trust me, we have mcdonalds there aswell and our tongues arent so much different :D

Hmm in the USSA the fastfood "beef" is so sub standard even refugees bypass it. I think the hamburger patties are less than 85% actual ground beef which is normally a substandard cut, then loaded with fillers and pink slime.

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Oh, I agree. Wasn't differentiating between American and other countries tongues or taste, just the difference in "vaper's tongue" and "smoker's tongue".

bkkdaytrader

Member For 4 Years
Hello there, browsing the "self liquid preparation" forum section i saw many people using flavours with very hight %
In some of the italian forums i follow they use to say that in the world people uses to go heavy About them while we dont.... and i can't understand how comes :D

I mean, i use flavourart, dks, parfume apprentice, and my favourite producer avoria flavours.... and if i try to push myself over 8% with most of those.... i will just produce a gross and Not vapeable liquid!!

How is it possibile to push some of your recipes to over 20% of flavour?!
Are our flavours so different? :p
Or it s just About tounge?! :D
Tell me about avoria flavors--what is range of % used??

VU Sponsors