Become a Patron!

How can I clean my RTA? (Kayfun 4 clone by EhPro)

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just received my Kayfun Clone and I heard that it's better to clean an atty before using it because of machine oil.

I plan on washing it with a tootbrush with hot water and soap, then soaking it in alcohol for 30 minutes and finally rinsing it and soaking it in distilled water for another 30 minutes.

Is there anyway this can damage the atty? Also do I have to remove the O rings? The Kayfun already seems complicated to take apart, so I'm not sure if I want to remove the rings.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You do have to take it completely apart to get the machine oil out. I just soaked mine in very hot water and dishsoap for about 20 minutes. I didn't remove the O rings, but I took everything else apart. Be very careful not to lose any of the small pieces though!

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks! I'll clean it with that in mind.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Be sure to totally disassemble the base (I kept having to watch a video to figure that one out until I finally got it down!). Machine oil gets trapped in those tiny parts.

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes I'm having trouble with the base too. I'll look it up on youtube, thanks!

Do you also own a clone or the original?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
And by the way, if you happen to have a toaster oven with a keep warm setting, its a great way to get all the parts nice and dry very quickly!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes I'm having trouble with the base too. I'll look it up on youtube, thanks!

Do you also own a clone or the original?
I have two clones - an infinite and a tobeco. I watched a gazillion videos for the first week or so LOL And I kept having to refer back to them!

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And by the way, if you happen to have a toaster oven with a keep warm setting, its a great way to get all the parts nice and dry very quickly!

Sounds like a great idea. I do have a rice cooker with the keep warm feature. Should I try it?

I have two clones - an infinite and a tobeco. I watched a gazillion videos for the first week or so LOL And I kept having to refer back to them!

I hear you lol. Those things seem over engineered and I only got one because of all the positive reviews. I hope it vapes well!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like a great idea. I do have a rice cooker with the keep warm feature. Should I try it?

I hear you lol. Those things seem over engineered and I only got one because of all the positive reviews. I hope it vapes well!

They do vape very well, once you sort them out!

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can't wait to try it out. Is there a difference in quality between the two clones you have? I'm gonna be ordering another one so I can fill them with different flavors.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Infinite comes with spare parts and the Tobeco does not. Apart from that no difference - but my Tobeco came with a bad o ring!

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wow! I just vaped it and I'm very impressed with the Kayfun. This thing brings out the best in the juice.

VU Sponsors