VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How are E-cigarette devices named?

20170805032258_24299.png

Have you ever marveled at the numerous names that E-cigarette devices have? Visit any vaping website, and you will find thousands of E-cigarette devices that look roughly the same but each has a unique name. Some are named with letters and numbers to indicate the series of models they belong to, but many more have names which originated from Mythologies, Mathematics, Religion, and many other fields of natural phenomenon and human intellectual achievements.

As I browsed over many hundreds of E-cigarette devices of different designs and brands, and after carefully recording, examining, and sorting their names, I find that the rich assortment names are derived from some certain realms, showing an incredible degree of herd mentality in E-cig device naming, which breaks down into the six categories as presented below. You would have thought those E-cig manufacturers had a meeting and decided that their products should be named in the same fashion, with the same method, regardless their brands and appearances!

The six categories in which E-cig device names are derived from

Mythology & Religion
Many E-cigarettes are named after deities in Greek mythology. The most illustrious example would be the Nemesis Mod by Atmomixani, which is named after Nemesis, the goddess of retribution, the inescapable agent of someone's downfall. The Aspire Pegasus is named after Pegasus, a winged divine stallion whose role is horse-god in Greek mythology. The Smoant Charon Mod derived its name from Charon, the ferryman of Hades who carries souls of the newly deceased across the rivers Styx and Acheron that divided the world of the living from the world of the dead.

Some, however, acquired their names from mythologies and religions other than that of Greek. For example, Geekvape's Karma apparently took the name from Hinduism and Buddhism vocabulary, and the Banshee Box Mod from Ciggo Praxis Vapor adopted the name of a female spirit in Irish mythology who heralds the death of a family member, usually by shrieking or keening---Banshee.

20170805032408_14459.jpg

There are too many to give a full account of here, and I will list some of the most popular E-cigarette devices which derived their names from mythology and religion.

Nemesis Mod by Atmomixani
Lostvape Therion Mod
Aspire Zelos Mod
Smoant Charon Mod
Geekvape Aegis Mod
Aspire Pegasus Mod
Smoant Charon Mod
Geekvape Karma Kit
HELLVAPE Trishul Kit
Ciggo Praxis Vapor Banshee Box Mod

Mathematics & Science
Maybe those who name their E-cigarettes after mathematic concepts think vapers are all sharp-witted and cool and therefore they deserve something intelligent and academic-oriented. Let's look at some examples.
Eleaf Istick Pico: Pico is a unity prefix in the metric system denoting one trillionth, a factor of 0.000000000001. Sounds scientific and futuristic, doesn't it?

Many brands adopted the name Nano for their products, which means a unit prefix denoting one billionth. A little bit easier to imagine than Pico, but still a concept that exists in mind only.

Ijoy MAXO Zenith Mod: Zenith is the point on the celestial sphere vertically above a given position or observer. I don't know how many of you ever use this word... I don't, unless in a academic conversation.

20170805032451_99171.jpg

I made a list of some of the most popular vaping devices which derived their names from mathematic and scientific concepts.

Joyetech Cuboid Series
Wismec Reuleaux Series
Eleaf Istick Pico Series
Ijoy MAXO Zenith Mod
And many Nano products....

Nature
Many E-cig manufacturers want their products to sound mighty and potent, apart from being mysterious and aloof. For that reason, names of natural phenomena and aggressive animals enjoy a huge favor in their glossary.

Tsunami, Storm, Aurora, Serpent, Predator... those are perfect examples of naming E-cigarette devices after the nature to present a masculine and indomitable dignity.

20170805032634_26806.jpg

Here is a list of some of the popular vaping devices which derived their names from natural phenomena and aggressive animals.

Geekvape Tsunami Series
Vaporesso Nebula Mod/Kit
VaporStorm Storm Series
Vaporesso Aurora Vape Starter Kit/Mod
WOTOFO Serpent Series
Wismec Predator Kit

Martial Prowess
It is not enough that their products sound masculine and forceful, some E-cig manufacturers must be thinking---so they added a ton of military element in their naming process. Revenger, Guardian, Marshal, Elite, Invader, Battlestar... I am tempted to make the list longer had there been enough space!

I have to admit that some names are wired though, which sound dominant but are not commonly used. Take Strider, or Disrupter for example--- they convey the meaning well enough, but are nevertheless bizarre and of rare usage.

20170805032702_26155.jpg

Here is a list of some of the popular vaping devices which derived their names from military personnel and equipments.

Vaporesso Revenger Mod/Kit
Asvape Strider Mod
Sense Blazer Series
Vaporesso Guardian Tank
Kit SMOK Guardian Sub Kit
Marvec Guardian Angel
SMOK Marshal G320 Mod/Kit
VGOD Elite Mech Mod
Tesla Invader Ⅲ Box Mod
Smoant BATTLESTAR Series

Latin-looking Words
Maybe Latin words seem more outlandish? Many E-cig manufacturers name their products with words that look like Latin even though they do not necessarily demonstrate any meaningful relevance to either the design nor the theme of the products. Words like Maximo, Primo, Praxis, Retro are used to give the products a touch of ancientness and literature. I don't think those who thus named their products even know or care what these words mean.

20170805032741_51382.jpg

Here is a list of some of the popular vaping devices named with Latin-looking words.

iJoy Maxo Quad 18650 Box Mod
Joyetech Primo Series
AURO Retro 60w Mod

Letters & Numbers
The most prevalent naming method by far is, of course, as in every other industry, combination of letters and numbers. Exclude products which are named in the five methods as listed above, you get your collection of E-cigarettes named with cold, generic letters and numbers which rob the products of their soul and spirit.

20170805032932_67271.jpg

I will not make a list here---no one knows how long the list might go!

I hope the above information and categorization prove to be useful to you. But if not, I hope you'll find it at least interesting.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll tell you how they're named: Chinese companies decide on a theme (as in "this device should evoke something technical / scientific / strong / powerful / smooth / great..."), hit Wikipedia and Wiktionary and settle on a word that they think would be a great name in most latin alphabet languages. All marketers do the same the world over.

Trouble is, in Asian cultures that are often very different from most Western cultures, sometimes it fails miserably. Remember the Toyota MR2? Or the Mitsubishi Pajero? (hint: "MR2" sounds like "Oh shit!" in French, and "Pajero" means wanker in Spanish). Well, that happens regularly to big manufacturers with well-funded marketing departments. Chinese vaping companies don't remotely have the same marketing budgets, so the potential for cocking up is great with them. That's why you have things that are called "Asolo", "VooPoo" or "God".

At least when they reuse names of important people, mythological figures or mathematical objects, they're not being inadvertently offensive - and I think even Asian marketers know they should avoid things like "Hitler" or "Stalin"...

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
How are E-cigarette devices named?

20170805032258_24299.png

Have you ever marveled at the numerous names that E-cigarette devices have? Visit any vaping website, and you will find thousands of E-cigarette devices that look roughly the same but each has a unique name. Some are named with letters and numbers to indicate the series of models they belong to, but many more have names which originated from Mythologies, Mathematics, Religion, and many other fields of natural phenomenon and human intellectual achievements.

As I browsed over many hundreds of E-cigarette devices of different designs and brands, and after carefully recording, examining, and sorting their names, I find that the rich assortment names are derived from some certain realms, showing an incredible degree of herd mentality in E-cig device naming, which breaks down into the six categories as presented below. You would have thought those E-cig manufacturers had a meeting and decided that their products should be named in the same fashion, with the same method, regardless their brands and appearances!

The six categories in which E-cig device names are derived from

Mythology & Religion
Many E-cigarettes are named after deities in Greek mythology. The most illustrious example would be the Nemesis Mod by Atmomixani, which is named after Nemesis, the goddess of retribution, the inescapable agent of someone's downfall. The Aspire Pegasus is named after Pegasus, a winged divine stallion whose role is horse-god in Greek mythology. The Smoant Charon Mod derived its name from Charon, the ferryman of Hades who carries souls of the newly deceased across the rivers Styx and Acheron that divided the world of the living from the world of the dead.

Some, however, acquired their names from mythologies and religions other than that of Greek. For example, Geekvape's Karma apparently took the name from Hinduism and Buddhism vocabulary, and the Banshee Box Mod from Ciggo Praxis Vapor adopted the name of a female spirit in Irish mythology who heralds the death of a family member, usually by shrieking or keening---Banshee.

20170805032408_14459.jpg

There are too many to give a full account of here, and I will list some of the most popular E-cigarette devices which derived their names from mythology and religion.

Nemesis Mod by Atmomixani
Lostvape Therion Mod
Aspire Zelos Mod
Smoant Charon Mod
Geekvape Aegis Mod
Aspire Pegasus Mod
Smoant Charon Mod
Geekvape Karma Kit
HELLVAPE Trishul Kit
Ciggo Praxis Vapor Banshee Box Mod

Mathematics & Science
Maybe those who name their E-cigarettes after mathematic concepts think vapers are all sharp-witted and cool and therefore they deserve something intelligent and academic-oriented. Let's look at some examples.
Eleaf Istick Pico: Pico is a unity prefix in the metric system denoting one trillionth, a factor of 0.000000000001. Sounds scientific and futuristic, doesn't it?

Many brands adopted the name Nano for their products, which means a unit prefix denoting one billionth. A little bit easier to imagine than Pico, but still a concept that exists in mind only.

Ijoy MAXO Zenith Mod: Zenith is the point on the celestial sphere vertically above a given position or observer. I don't know how many of you ever use this word... I don't, unless in a academic conversation.

20170805032451_99171.jpg

I made a list of some of the most popular vaping devices which derived their names from mathematic and scientific concepts.

Joyetech Cuboid Series
Wismec Reuleaux Series
Eleaf Istick Pico Series
Ijoy MAXO Zenith Mod
And many Nano products....

Nature
Many E-cig manufacturers want their products to sound mighty and potent, apart from being mysterious and aloof. For that reason, names of natural phenomena and aggressive animals enjoy a huge favor in their glossary.

Tsunami, Storm, Aurora, Serpent, Predator... those are perfect examples of naming E-cigarette devices after the nature to present a masculine and indomitable dignity.

20170805032634_26806.jpg

Here is a list of some of the popular vaping devices which derived their names from natural phenomena and aggressive animals.

Geekvape Tsunami Series
Vaporesso Nebula Mod/Kit
VaporStorm Storm Series
Vaporesso Aurora Vape Starter Kit/Mod
WOTOFO Serpent Series
Wismec Predator Kit

Martial Prowess
It is not enough that their products sound masculine and forceful, some E-cig manufacturers must be thinking---so they added a ton of military element in their naming process. Revenger, Guardian, Marshal, Elite, Invader, Battlestar... I am tempted to make the list longer had there been enough space!

I have to admit that some names are wired though, which sound dominant but are not commonly used. Take Strider, or Disrupter for example--- they convey the meaning well enough, but are nevertheless bizarre and of rare usage.

20170805032702_26155.jpg

Here is a list of some of the popular vaping devices which derived their names from military personnel and equipments.

Vaporesso Revenger Mod/Kit
Asvape Strider Mod
Sense Blazer Series
Vaporesso Guardian Tank
Kit SMOK Guardian Sub Kit
Marvec Guardian Angel
SMOK Marshal G320 Mod/Kit
VGOD Elite Mech Mod
Tesla Invader Ⅲ Box Mod
Smoant BATTLESTAR Series

Latin-looking Words
Maybe Latin words seem more outlandish? Many E-cig manufacturers name their products with words that look like Latin even though they do not necessarily demonstrate any meaningful relevance to either the design nor the theme of the products. Words like Maximo, Primo, Praxis, Retro are used to give the products a touch of ancientness and literature. I don't think those who thus named their products even know or care what these words mean.

20170805032741_51382.jpg

Here is a list of some of the popular vaping devices named with Latin-looking words.

iJoy Maxo Quad 18650 Box Mod
Joyetech Primo Series
AURO Retro 60w Mod

Letters & Numbers
The most prevalent naming method by far is, of course, as in every other industry, combination of letters and numbers. Exclude products which are named in the five methods as listed above, you get your collection of E-cigarettes named with cold, generic letters and numbers which rob the products of their soul and spirit.

20170805032932_67271.jpg

I will not make a list here---no one knows how long the list might go!

I hope the above information and categorization prove to be useful to you. But if not, I hope you'll find it at least interesting.

Awesome write up thoroughly enjoyed reading that

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I'll tell you how they're named: Chinese companies decide on a theme (as in "this device should evoke something technical / scientific / strong / powerful / smooth / great..."), hit Wikipedia and Wiktionary and settle on a word that they think would be a great name in most latin alphabet languages. All marketers do the same the world over.

Trouble is, in Asian cultures that are often very different from most Western cultures, sometimes it fails miserably. Remember the Toyota MR2? Or the Mitsubishi Pajero? (hint: "MR2" sounds like "Oh shit!" in French, and "Pajero" means wanker in Spanish). Well, that happens regularly to big manufacturers with well-funded marketing departments. Chinese vaping companies don't remotely have the same marketing budgets, so the potential for cocking up is great with them. That's why you have things that are called "Asolo", "VooPoo" or "God".

At least when they reuse names of important people, mythological figures or mathematical objects, they're not being inadvertently offensive - and I think even Asian marketers know they should avoid things like "Hitler" or "Stalin"...

And this ^^

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
American and UK companies tend to pick names related to the underworld or some type of punk I've noticed especially the mainstream ones seems to be popular with Vaping sub culture over in the west

Asian manufacturers tend to see that as bad luck Giraut hit the nail in the head the other end

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Then there's those pimping thier own brand

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
now someone explain smok naming, like g/h/t -priv

That I've never got! Still they are coming towards the end of the alphabet now so see what happens next suppose you could go double characters next

Smok TT in fact WTF why haven't they launched that yet I'll have to register than one now get ahead of the game

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Fun read

As a contribution, the Goon by 528Custom and the Druga by Augvape were named after the designer's internet handle

Then there are weird combos like the Geyscano (maker said it is a combination of the words Geyser and Volcano)

To me, the most boring names are when they are obviously someone's last name, most likely a designer. Hadaly and Odis come to mind.

The Merlin was named after an African Grey Parrot that lives in Ohio

But still dying to find out who thought WANKO was a good name for an attie :eek:

Last edited:

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't much care about stupid names for mods or atomizers. What really pisses me off is stupid names for juices: each time I go to a vape store, I have to ask the clerk for the dictionary that translates "Nectar of the Gods", "Thor's Erect Penis" or "Dinosaur Dribble" into apple, peach or caramel.

I'm fairly sure vape stores lose time and sales because of stupid juice names. Patrons who would otherwise browse what's on the shelves and pick juices themselves on a whim, have to think about what they'd like and ask the dude behind the counter. It doesn't exactly promote impulse purchasing...

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was going to simply answer "By 14 year old boys seems likely.", but I admit... I was thinking more of retail E-Juice lines than hardware. :rolleyes:
Yeah that was what I always firgured...a bunch of geeks who played dungeon and dragons picked the names out of The Lord of the Rings trilogy

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I don't know about that..there are a lot of us who don't own a single thing made in China...China has gotten into vaping late in the game apart from cloning other peoples gear.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know about that..there are a lot of us who don't own a single thing made in China...China has gotten into vaping late in the game apart from cloning other peoples gear.

You sure about that?

I wouldn't be surprised if 80% of the new hardware (and the majority of their designs) come out of a dozen or so major houses in Shenzhen.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The Achilles atty lives up to its name, but the Achilles II lives up to it even better -- the "achilles heel" of the II? IT FUCKING LEAKS! He also made it too airy, considering that the original Achilles is practically a synonym for "excellent tight-draw RDA".

Sometimes the "popular" name of a mod has nothing to do with the manufacturer's name for it. The "Innokin iTaste variable voltage and wattage III" was the very first pen-style that featured variable wattage... and came to be known by the shorthand of "vv3".

Andria

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Asshole. :p

I guess that did come off too confrontational... I was asking as much as anything. :oops:

Shenzhen is a freakin' bizarre wonderland, a powerhouse in the global electronics fabrication world.
If it pushes electrons... they make it, or they'll build it for you.

Like Detroit was to all things automotive for a number of decades.
(I've used that analogy before for its parallels in the GM family to the JoyeTech group of subsidiary brands.)

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You sure about that?

I wouldn't be surprised if 80% of the new hardware (and the majority of their designs) come out of a dozen or so major houses in Shenzhen.
as I said alot of us don't own a single piece of gear from China...we got our gear from Greece, and Poland, France,the UK,Russia,the Phillipines,Italy...and almost all those designs were stolen and cloned by the chinese..as the OP was discussing where names came from I was just pointing out that the names weren't from chinese manufacturers , but rather from an International group of modders whose designs the chinese cloned....and I bet 80% of those wonderful factories would be shut down if they didn't have the International community's designs to steal from..

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
as I said alot of us don't own a single piece of gear from China...we got our gear from Greece, and Poland, France,the UK,Russia,the Phillipines,Italy...and almost all those designs were stolen and cloned by the chinese..as the OP was discussing where names came from I was just pointing out that the names weren't from chinese manufacturers , but rather from an International group of modders whose designs the chinese cloned....and I bet 80% of those wonderful factories would be shut down if they didn't have the International community's designs to steal from..

Other than the Russian Smoant and of course DNA based Lostvape, and I'm sure another couple I missed... I got tired of running down the OP's list and seeing one after another Shenzhen based manufacturers, with most being China companies originally not just using their production facilities.

Of course there are original product design companies in most every country that allows vaping, and of course China leads all others in IP theft and cloning (hey... it's what they do), but...
... most of those non-China companies around the world are fairly recent start-ups (just 2-4 years old) focusing on simpler, non-electronic, easier to design and produce mechs and attys... RDAs for the most part I'd even guess. Or so it feels.
And many of the China shops are industry monsters going back a decade, or nearly so, and creating much of what we take for granted in a budget regulated mod. Not clones.
(Of course they also clone every mod under the sun as well... including their own business partners' I'd reckon.)

Christ man... they've been in the game since its modern re-creation (leaving aside the ~60's era invention).
Hardly the "Johnny-Come-Latelys" you'd paint them as.

But... I'd love to see regional breakdowns of production numbers (that silly "80%" was an unthinking WAG... no idea why I threw that out there). A quick Google turned up nothing substantial.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Other than the Russian Smoant and of course DNA based Lostvape, and I'm sure another couple I missed... I got tired of running down the OP's list and seeing one after another Shenzhen based manufacturers, with most being China companies originally not just using their production facilities.

Of course there are original product design companies in most every country that allows vaping, and of course China leads all others in IP theft and cloning (hey... it's what they do), but...
... most of those non-China companies around the world are fairly recent start-ups (just 2-4 years old) focusing on simpler, non-electronic, easier to design and produce mechs and attys... RDAs for the most part I'd even guess. Or so it feels.
And many of the China shops are industry monsters going back a decade, or nearly so, and creating much of what we take for granted in a budget regulated mod. Not clones.
(Of course they also clone every mod under the sun as well... including their own business partners' I'd reckon.)

Christ man... they've been in the game since its modern re-creation (leaving aside the ~60's era invention).

But... I'd love to see regional breakdowns of production numbers (that silly "80%" was an unthinking WAG... no idea why I threw that out there). A quick Google turned up nothing substantial.
how long have you been vaping?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Am I gonna be needing a tape measure sometime soon as well? :rolleyes:

LOL! :giggle:

I think I remember you from over at butthole central, don't I?

Andria

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Hellfire
MCR
RSM mods
Mark bug
Vapornaute
Norbert
Steamboy
Svoemesto
Flow engineering
noname
Bishop mods
Anatolian mods
GP Paps
Atmomixani
Golden Greek
Caravela mods
Doc Dave
Irquedez
Zen
EA mods
this is just a few off the top off my head.....there are tons more.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Perhaps read more closely... I said nothing so definitive.
well in fact you said.

"most of those non-China companies around the world are fairly recent start-ups (just 2-4 years old)"

before these guys came along the only shit coming out of china was just that shit....throw away atties and cartos....and hello kitty mods.

Last edited:

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well in fact you said.

"most of those non-China companies around the world are fairly recent start-ups (just 2-4 years old)" before these guys came along the only shit coming out of china was just that shit....throw away atties and cartos....and hello kitty mods.

Damn... you got a serious hard-on over this. I'm out.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a short list of seemingly non-Chinese vape product firms. Signifying... what?
as I said it was a short list I could triple it easily if I sat down and thought about it...by your own admission China's contribution, and entrance into vaping has been primarily as cloners...which begs the question....who did they clone from...themselves??????...., your logic is faulty.......so how long have you been vaping.

Last edited:

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With all due respect to the long reigning king & queen of unfortunately named mods, (Assholio mod and the Clito tank)
I just hadda pre-order the new eLeaf iKuunt. :eek: Life is good. ;)

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With all due respect to the long reigning king & queen of unfortunately named mods, (Assholio mod and the Clito tank)
I just hadda pre-order the new eLeaf iKuunt. :eek: Life is good. ;)
did you get on the list....remember those days......trying to get on a fucking list....

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

LoL - I thought it was gonna go boom after mate :D

I'll stick my neck out ...I dont believe everything out of china is crap:eek: I know right who the fuck is this guy let's fuck him over ....before you do though heres why I believe that

do I like how they behave with copyright and IP .....nope not one bit especially for the little guy who can't fight it

does it allow me to buy cheaper products ....yep absolutely it's a moral dilemma, I expect "most" people will try at least one clone at some point, not everyone as stated above and I respect that. I've witnessed on this forum time and time again People have set budgets and can't afford to splash out a lot of money trying something without dipping thier toes in first and I respect that also.

I absolutely agree QC and overall quality is not as good as some of the western products, but then why would it be as good? its mass produced, readily available to the masses. There are no Facebook waiting lists for a small production run. You are paying often a quarter of the price for something that may or may not go the distance ....that's the price you pay for going cheaper. It will never be as good as a lone person spending many many hours pouring thier passion and craft into a product.

However do those cheaper products help get people of the stinkies ......absolutely, bashing them for it is not cool in my book you just lose members of the forum doing it. If anything those navigating through what comes out of china and putting info out there is a worthwhile endeavour ...for every 1 goon bought at least 1000 or more baby beast tanks will be bought (Just example but the ratio will be big as is the case with everything else) so information about the good and the bad is essential and it doesn't matter who or what format that info comes in on everything helps.

I think trying to derail china products is a futile exercise on this forum or anywhere else people will continue to buy them doesn't matter how many times people say china stuff is shit, as I keep reading for the past few months on here ....dangerous, stupid and flawed products absolutely need to be called out but to blanket everything as just shit i think is a stretch.

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LoL - I thought it was gonna go boom after mate :D

I'll stick my neck out ...I dont believe everything out of china is crap:eek: I know right who the fuck is this guy let's fuck him over ....before you do though heres why I believe that

do I like how they behave with copyright and IP .....nope not one bit especially for the little guy who can't fight it

does it allow me to buy cheaper products ....yep absolutely it's a moral dilemma, I expect "most" people will try at least one clone at some point, not everyone as stated above and I respect that. I've witnessed on this forum time and time again People have set budgets and can't afford to splash out a lot of money trying something without dipping thier toes in first and I respect that also.

I absolutely agree QC and overall quality is not as good as some of the western products, but then why would it be as good? its mass produced, readily available to the masses. There are no Facebook waiting lists for a small production run. You are paying often a quarter of the price for something that may or may not go the distance ....that's the price you pay for going cheaper. It will never be as good as a lone person spending many many hours pouring thier passion and craft into a product.

However do those cheaper products help get people of the stinkies ......absolutely, bashing them for it is not cool in my book you just lose members of the forum doing it. If anything those navigating through what comes out of china and putting info out there is a worthwhile endeavour ...for every 1 goon bought at least 1000 or more baby beast tanks will be bought (Just example but the ratio will be big as is the case with everything else) so information about the good and the bad is essential and it doesn't matter who or what format that info comes in on everything helps.

I think trying to derail china products is a futile exercise on this forum or anywhere else people will continue to buy them doesn't matter how many times people say china stuff is shit, as I keep reading for the past few months on here ....dangerous, stupid and flawed products absolutely need to be called out but to blanket everything as just shit i think is a stretch.
....what I wrote has nothing to do with, buying or not buying clones...I could care less...what I wrote about has to do with who were the people who created what we now know as the Industry and where the names of their gear came from.,....the names did not come from Chinese cloners who couldn't speak English well, but from modders in the West themselves who created the gear the chinese stole...some of the first modders to create gear that would give a much superior vape than the crap from China, and gear that would last a lifetime were people like Imeo from Golden Greek, and Atmomixani, MMV....they were all based in Greece and they started naming their gear from out of the Gods and Heros of Greek mythology..I think they did it more out of a sense of national/cultural pride than anything else and a way to differntiate themselves from the Chinese crap that was around...which gave a shit vape and was designed to be thrown away and rebought over and over again ,

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
....what I wrote has nothing to do with, buying or not buying clones...I could care less...what I wrote about has to do with who were the people who created what we now know as the Industry and where the names of their gear came from.,....the names did not come from Chinese cloners who couldn't speak English well, but from modders in the West themselves who created the gear the chinese stole...some of the first modders to create gear that would give a much superior vape than the crap from China, and gear that would last a lifetime were people like Imeo from Golden Greek, and Atmomixani, MMV....they were all based in Greece and they started naming their gear from out of the Gods and Heros of Greek mythology..I think they did it more out of a sense of national/cultural pride than anything else and a way to differntiate themselves from the Chinese crap that was around...which gave a shit vape and was designed to be thrown away and rebought over and over again ,

Well before you carry on bashing the Chinese pulse might be worth having a read of these ...

https://www.vapingpost.com/2016/08/08/has-hon-lik-betrayed-vapers/amp/

https://vapingdaily.com/what-is-vaping/vaping-history/

Every great idea is copied in one form or another that's how we advance as a race, learning from mistakes along the way ...everyone does consciously or not.... thinking otherwise is short sighted

I'm not disagreeing with you about quality at all need to reiterate that again but saying the Chinese were late to the game ...might need to rethink that bit ....those modders might not have started without that idea in the first place to make it better

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well before you carry on bashing the Chinese pulse might be worth having a read of these ...

https://www.vapingpost.com/2016/08/08/has-hon-lik-betrayed-vapers/amp/

https://vapingdaily.com/what-is-vaping/vaping-history/

Every great idea is copied in one form or another that's how we advance as a race, learning from mistakes along the way ...everyone does consciously or not.... thinking otherwise is short sighted

I'm not disagreeing with you about quality at all need to reiterate that again but saying the Chinese were late to the game ...might need to rethink that bit ....those modders might not have started without that idea in the first place to make it better
I don't have to rethink shit..I know what vaping was like years ago I was vaping on the crap.... and I know who developed it and turned it into a billion dollar a year industry and made it mainstream ...to try and make an equivalency between revolutionary development and just plain stealing is bullshit...it might make it right in your mind, but it's nonsense.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Ok

Edit:- so we don't spiral on forever here perhaps we are coming from different angles pulse and misunderstood your intent apologies if I did :)

Last edited:

Freemanwanghuan

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Agreed.

VU Sponsors