Become a Patron!

HOVERBOARDS PROVE THE IMPORTANCE OF BATTERY SAFETY

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure if y'all have been savvy in the news about these "HOVERBOARDS" but I imagine that this proves how important battery safety and sound electrical principles are. I just watched a video of one catching fire in LA and it looked the the battery vented and set the whole thing ablaze. Let's try not to do that with our mods!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Driving home from work the other day, I saw 2 kids on hoverboards in my neighborhood. I immediately cringed.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just like mods i think the boards have like clones. Those things are pretty pricey so if you see it for 50 bucks its probably made of cheap material.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
probably ULTRAFIRE battery packs. LOL ? I did notice that some of the ones burning up were made by SWAGWAY a blatant rip-off of Segway.

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Swagway is supposed to be one of the " good " brands .

deacon303

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've watched a couple videos of these things smoking and then burning up. I might just be talking hot air, but it seems to me something is pushing the charging port in and making metal contact the battery.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Tons of people have those at the office I deliver to daily. I've tried to ride one, almost ate shit big time. I wouldn't want one, but it's kinda funny seeing adults riding them around an office. I've seen them for sale on at least one U.S. Vape site. I think Vapor Kings.

VU Sponsors