Become a Patron!

Hotcig - R150

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can't wait for this one , what's the price point and ship date ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

EatMaBB

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You can get it just now from about £75.
If you do a google search for hotcig R150 you will get a couple of sites that have it.
Not seen any site selling the extra panels yet.

CaVape80

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Have had my R150 for a week now sweet device. Fasttech has them for a good price use code map I bought this because efusion duo's are spendy.

Attachments

• 1471769814029957413701.jpg
    1471769814029957413701.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 13
Does anyone know how to update this thing though? I have a pc, downloaded version 2.4 but can't get my device to connect? Any help would be appreciated

EatMaBB

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm about to head to work, I will try and mind how I updated mine to V1.1 when I get home.

thanks man, i goth the hm software and the data pack but nothing will pick up my device. i feel like its another kbox200 like hoax or somthing, it just doen't work no matter what i do

EatMaBB

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
To update the firmware.
Plug the usb cable in to the computer and open the program and take the batteries out of the mod. Once the program is open, hold down the up and down button together and putting the usb cable in the mod, keep the buttons pressed until it shows "Upload Settings" on the mod, the program should auto detect it. Open the file you are wanting to use and press upload/upload settings. Once that is done press leave update/reboot.
Disconnect the usb cable and put the batteries back in.

I just updated mine to V2.4 and it is showing low battery when they are full. :( Just put it back to V1.1

Ah thanks man! I will try as soon as i am back from work! I will let you know. I'll try 2.4 and see what it does, I'll let you know what my battery indicator suggests. Thanks again man, i really appreciate it. This is such a lovely mod

Okay, i have hm chip tool from the hotcig page, it does not recognise my device and the data pack is a dfu file that windows does not recognise. I get to the upload settings on my device, but nothing on the computer. What am i doing wrong? Is there an app i need in order to open this dfu file?

Haha no I'ma dumb ass, it works! Okay man, i uploaded 2.4 and and the thing went all weird! So i deleted the dfu file, uploaded the default, downloaded 2.4 again and it's 100%! Try again from scratch, maybe that will work! Thank yoj so much for all your help!

Okay no, it doesn't work. None of it. Every time i take out my batteries and put them back in, the hotcig logo flashes continuously and when it finally goes on, all my settings have been wiped and i have to start from scratch. I do not trust this chip one bit, i just hope it doesn't die on me completely. Thanks for your help man, i really do appreciate it as there is virtually no info on this out there. From my point of view i would advise people NOT to do any update as this lack of memory thing sucks
... it sucks deeply!

EatMaBB

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Until they get an update that works, I will only be putting any on mine to see if it works fully, if not then back to V1.1

help.. can detect my r150 on hm chip tools.. any ideas? and also i got a blank horizontal line on my screen, any ideas how to fix it? thanks in advance

EatMaBB

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
help.. can detect my r150 on hm chip tools.. any ideas? and also i got a blank horizontal line on my screen, any ideas how to fix it? thanks in advance

"help.. can detect my r150 on hm chip tools.. any ideas?" - what are you trying to do?
"and also i got a blank horizontal line on my screen, any ideas how to fix it?" you could try updating the firmware or reinstall the original firmware on again.

Hi all, I've had similar problems. Emailed Hotcig, first I could find the mod via the usb cable and the application. Turns out the application doesn't like windows 10. Worked on windows 8. But now I have the same problem were the logo flashes and only after 30 seconds can I fire. Super annoying

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Ah man i feel for you. That is literally the only complaint i have with this mod. Otherwise, i have dropped this sucker more times than i can count (bare in mind you have to reset the battery conductor plates as the impact always make my batteries loose) and it still hits like the day i first started using it. And the battery life, oh my gawd it's so good with regulating the batteries, also like the day i started using it (and still the same batteries). If it wasn't for the bulls### upgrade issue, it would've been the perfect mod. Only one other problem; dont buy the leather plates. They don't last, i had to glue mine with epoxy.

VU Sponsors