Become a Patron!

Hotcig DX200 (DNA 200) - Wow!

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My Hotcig DX200 arrived in today's vapemail, and wow! It really puts my Sigelei 100Plus and my Sigelei Mini Book to shame. Even with the same Vaporesso tank and 0.5 SS coil that I was using with my Mini Book, it hits sooooo much better :) :) I was hesitant to spend the money for a DNA200 mod, but with the potential FDA thing, I went ahead and I'm glad I did. I just wish I would have done it sooner. I also wish the EScribe software thing wasn't so complicated, but. . .

Can't wait to try it with my Boreas and all the other gear I've ordered :)

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thank you, I appreciate it. I've already hit a few obstacles that I'm trying to sort out (such as why is it when I change the coil type to SS in the profile, it no longer fires, but when I change it to Ni it does, even though it's supposedly an SS coil that I'm using), but will give it a bit before begging for help ;) I just loaded the software not more than an hour ago, so still getting my feet wet with it.:)

eggymaniac

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Its awesome how much more efficient dna mods are! Makes it worth the money spent. describe is what stopped me for the longest time from getting one, but messing around with it for a few days and it gets much simpler.

eggymaniac

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you, I appreciate it. I've already hit a few obstacles that I'm trying to sort out (such as why is it when I change the coil type to SS in the profile, it no longer fires, but when I change it to Ni it does, even though it's supposedly an SS coil that I'm using), but will give it a bit before begging for help ;) I just loaded the software not more than an hour ago, so still getting my feet wet with it.:)

Is it a crown coil by chance? Those can be problematic since they are ss coils and the legs are nickel.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Is it a crown coil by chance? Those can be problematic since they are ss coils and the legs are nickel.
It's a cCELL SS 0.5 coil, but sounds like they might have done the same sort of thing. Hmm.. Thanks. Hadn't considered the possibility of mixed metals.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Its awesome how much more efficient dna mods are! Makes it worth the money spent. describe is what stopped me for the longest time from getting one, but messing around with it for a few days and it gets much simpler.
Yeah, it really is. I've been stuck at 20mg nic for the longest time, even with sub-ohming. With the DNA mod, though, it's too much and I can *finally* move down on my nic. YaY!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
With SS either use wattage, or download the SS profiles from http://www.steam-engine.org/

We'll get ya up and running!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's a link to lots of custom screens you can download: If it doesn't load (500 error) just refresh it.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0uqr_CFVmx6dzJZN3paazFzUkU&usp=sharing#

If it really is a mix of 316L coil with Ni legs, try using SS304 TCR or curve
T0cBNE5.jpg

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Here's a link to lots of custom screens you can download: If it doesn't load (500 error) just refresh it.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0uqr_CFVmx6dzJZN3paazFzUkU&usp=sharing#

If it really is a mix of 316L coil with Ni legs, try using SS304 TCR or curve
T0cBNE5.jpg
When I saw one could change the screens, the first thing I did was make mine say "Fuck the FDA" on startup *laf*. I had wondered if there was any sort of repository of screens. That'll be fun to have. Thanks!

The chart - there we go getting all complicated again :D Kidding aside, that will come in handy. I appreciate it. :)

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well, I was messing with it, didn't pay attention (it is past 4 am here) and burned up my coil. So, I changed the coil, thought I was all good to go, and found myself getting a check atomizer error. Does the 520 connector on the Hotcig still have spring to it (not stuck down)? Check. Everything appear okay on the RTA's 510 connector? Check. After more messing with it I finally notice that it's showing that my cCell replacement coil has a resistance of 0.02 :eek: Apparently it's defective. Thank goodness I wasn't sticking this on a mech mod! Also a good lesson on not automatically trusting factory built coils to be safe.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Well, I was messing with it, didn't pay attention (it is past 4 am here) and burned up my coil. So, I changed the coil, thought I was all good to go, and found myself getting a check atomizer error. Does the 520 connector on the Hotcig still have spring to it (not stuck down)? Check. Everything appear okay on the RTA's 510 connector? Check. After more messing with it I finally notice that it's showing that my cCell replacement coil has a resistance of 0.02 :eek: Apparently it's defective. Thank goodness I wasn't sticking this on a mech mod! Also a good lesson on not automatically trusting factory built coils to be safe.
Yeah, a couple years back I thought I had a dead mod once because every coil in a brand new box was bad ... turns out it was a bad lot, vendor replaced them with no issues though, so life was good. QC has come a long way since then, but there are still occasionally bad coils in a package.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
hmmm... this is getting odd. I changed the coil, putting in a Ni 0.2 coil. The hotcig reads it as 0.03. I stuck the RTA in my Sigelei MiniBook and it reads it as 0.22. My ohm meter reads it as 0.17, my Sigelei 100Plus reads it as 0.2. Maybe there's just something about the cCell Ni 0.2 coils it can't cope with? I guess I'll try putting an SS one back in it.

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You 510 pin should be spring loaded. I have the first version and it's spring loaded. Try cleaning the 510 with a Q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol. Gently push down on the 510 pin with the q-tip while doing it. It should move down and pop back up.

Also check in Escribe (mod setting iirc - I'm not at home looking at Escribe atm). Make sure your mod resistance isn't set above .007' I'm pretty sure that's what mine is set at. I'll check when I get home later tonight and post back if it's different (it wouldn't be lower than .004, it's definitely not set higher). Good luck!

Cheers,
Steve

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Aha! That was it. For whatever reason (I don't remember doing it but who knows) it was set to 0.25! Thanks a ton! That's got me sorted, for now at least *laf*

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You're going to love the DNA. The learning curve on escribe is not to steep. Just start tinkering around and if you have any questions most people here are very helpful.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aha! That was it. For whatever reason (I don't remember doing it but who knows) it was set to 0.25! Thanks a ton! That's got me sorted, for now at least *laf*
You're welcome my friend. Yeah as I was typing I figured that was probably the problem. The mod basically takes the total resistance it reads (coil + the mods internal resistance) then subtracts what you set as the internal resistance and what's left it sees as the coils resistance. Glad it's all sorted.

Cheers,
Steve

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You're going to love the DNA. The learning curve on escribe is not to steep. Just start tinkering around and if you have any questions most people here are very helpful.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
Thanks. Appreciate it

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You're welcome my friend. Yeah as I was typing I figured that was probably the problem. The mod basically takes the total resistance it reads (coil + internal resistance) then subtracts what you set as the internal resistance and what's left it sees as the coils resistance. Glad it's all sorted.

Cheers,
Steve
I'm sure glad you figured it out. I didn't know it had a setting for what the mod's internal resistance is, so I woulda totally given up on these coils working with this mod. Now that they are, I'm thinking I like the SS better and will probably switch back to them anyway *laf* But, at least it's figured out and fixed (and my other coils will have more accurate resistance). Thanks again.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Do it, it's a steal. Use code iloveyou for another 5% off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
I'm going to as soon as I come up with the money. Hope it's still there by the time I'm ready to buy. Money is tight and I just bought the boreas and merlin. Hopefully in the next week I'll have it.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
DX200
Ecig.com
54 bucks shipped
Get it while available

VAPE ON

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wait ecig.com trying to pull shit
They posted the photos of the v2 dx
But they actually selling the v1. I called em up on it
Bad boys!

VAPE ON

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bad boys!

VAPE ON
A couple of things. There was someone trolling on Ecig.com's site and some misinformation is out there. Avery (from Ecig) said so himself. They are indeed selling the V2. V1 only came in Black and has long since been discontinued. Just ask them yourself if you don't believe me.

Cheers,
Steve

TechnoGeek

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Bad boys!

VAPE ON
I bought one about a month or so ago, it was v2, black and black buttons, magnets in the center of the mod, and battery pack for a better connection.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought one about a month or so ago, it was v2, black and black buttons, magnets in the center of the mod, and battery pack for a better connection.
Oh good for you
Not this one though,

VAPE ON

TechnoGeek

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh good for you
Not this one though,

VAPE ON
I'm sorry, that does suck! They only real issue I know of with the v1, was older firmware, and they shipped them with the battery connected to the mod. The cells would drain, a lot of people got the 1 with at least one cell out of balance.
I think they did improve the rubberized coating a bit on the v2, and that's about it......

I have a v1 and a v2, and actually like the buttons (plain stainless steel) on the v1 better than the black ones than the v2. With the newer one, the color on the buttons can scratch off.

Was your lipo balanced when it arrived?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm sorry, that does suck! They only real issue I know of with the v1, was older firmware, and they shipped them with the battery connected to the mod. The cells would drain, a lot of people got the 1 with at least one cell out of balance.
I think they did improve the rubberized coating a bit on the v2, and that's about it......

I have a v1 and a v2, and actually like the buttons (plain stainless steel) on the v1 better than the black ones than the v2. With the newer one, the color on the buttons can scratch off.

Was your lipo balanced when it arrived?
I was gonna get one, but I just didn't believe I was gonna get it for 49 bucks, so I emailed VAPE.deals
And ecig.com
Called them too on the phone, and they verified it
They made a mistake... So no balance for me

VAPE ON

TechnoGeek

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That does suck. I guess since they were blowing them out, they had some OLD v1's left over and were getting rid of them... I didn't know the v1's came in any other color than black though.....

It looks like they are sold out now as well......

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That does suck. I guess since they were blowing them out, they had some OLD v1's left over and were getting rid of them... I didn't know the v1's came in any other color than black though.....

It looks like they are sold out now as well......
I suck bro, I was ready to pull on the white v2, but yeah we shall see maybe they don't know what that he'll IM talking about lol

VAPE ON

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I pulled the trigger on a red dx200 and a spare battery and some supertank notch coils. 77 bucks delivered. And i just got the shipping notification. Too good a price to pass up. Oh, i had a. 10% off coupon

I threw a brick and it landed here

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am currently looking for a balance charger for the battery and a 2*18650 battery case for more versatility. Does anyone know who might have either of those in stock? I contacted Hotcig directly and am waiting to hear back.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've looked and looked for the 18650 pack, but to no avail. I even had one ordered from fasttech awhile back (ordered on 5/21), only to eventually get a cancellation notice, saying that it had been discontinued by the mfg.

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've looked and looked for the 18650 pack, but to no avail. I even had one ordered from fasttech awhile back (ordered on 5/21), only to eventually get a cancellation notice, saying that it had been discontinued by the mfg.
such is life, when the lipo eventually dies it is possible to open it and replace so not too concerned. Cheers.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
(V1 Vs V2) FWIW, when I got my hotcig, I got it from ecig.com and got the black buttons version (V2). Maybe, though, they had both mixed in their inventory?

Did some looking and couldn't find anyone with the charger in stock. The one that ecig.com was selling was the IMax RC B3 Pro charger, with a 3s extension cable for the hotcig battery. There's lots of people selling that charger on ebay, but you'd have to get the 4 pin extension cable separately if you wanted it. The battery can be plugged directly into the charger. I'm not sure which connection the extension cable would need (would have to measure the pin spacing)

VU Sponsors