Become a Patron!

Hot Rodded Coil Master 521 Tab

Mikey Gee

Member For 4 Years
Being so distraught by Ohm readers being so inaccurate I repurposed a Coil Master 521 Tab to use a DNA75C. I like the formfactor so thought it might ba a win for me. It still a single 18650 but added a YiHi style joystick, Varitube 510, and ATI 12mm button. Has the USB in the face so Escribe works and charging if needed. Feedback???

Attachments

• 20191102_190812.jpg
    20191102_190812.jpg
    507 KB · Views: 58
  • 20191102_190818.jpg
    20191102_190818.jpg
    428 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Thanks for such a generous giveaway and good luck y’all...oh wait!??!
Seriously though that’s some nice work, if you started selling them I bet you’d have a ton of orders. The dedicated ohm meter market is poorly represented so this would be a hot ticket.

Mikey Gee

Member For 4 Years
Thanks guys. I just thought...I have almost enough mods and had always liked the form factor of the Coil Master 521 so instead of building on the Tab then moving the build over to a DNA device to get a true reading I'd just put this together with parts I had laying around. I rember someone was building a DNA60 Tab in a Hammond box back a few years ago so thought that was ideal so.. Next is to find a theme or make one specific for a coil build station.

Mikey Gee

Member For 4 Years
Same skills as making a mod. Which is what that essentially is now :)
Kinda awkward to vape with though?
True true...sometimes retrofitting is more challenging then building a mod that was ment for a specific board though. Yeah...got plenty of DNA mods so won't be vaping on this much...it'll have its own purpose.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Awesomeness. I love seeing people do stuff like this.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You could vape with it just use a Hokkah Hose and I bet people would freak out at the Vape Lounge~!

Very professional looking work I might add. Might want to apply for a Patent if the board doesn't disqualify it.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Awesome idea. Very creative and useful.

Seriously though that’s some nice work, if you started selling them I bet you’d have a ton of orders. The dedicated ohm meter market is poorly represented so this would be a hot ticket.
I would absolutely buy something like this. All 6 of my ohm readers crapped out and left me building on mods, which works but isn't ideal. Something like this fills a gap in the current market.

VU Sponsors