Become a Patron!

Hot lips.... Ouch!!!!!

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My RDA is biting back.. popping hot lava on my lip... only vaping at 48W.. do I have too much juice
in there, or is the coil getting gummed up from sweet juice??
HELLLLLP... please :)

Oh wait.. almost forgot something.. these are coils that I spaced apart.. not contact coils.. and they are 0.2ohm 22ga round kanthal....

Last edited:

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Normally it's because of too much juice on the wick around the coils. I blow mine away first then vape in

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My RDA is biting back.. popping hot lava on my lip... only vaping at 48W.. do I have too much juice
in there, or is the coil getting gummed up from sweet juice??
HELLLLLP... please :)

Oh wait.. almost forgot something.. these are coils that I spaced apart.. not contact coils.. and they are 0.2ohm 22ga round kanthal....

What rda
What's the VG/PG of ur Jooze?

I BAM

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's 80% VG.. and somewhat sweet.. i think i just over dripped.. this has never happened before.. it's a Vandy Vape 24..

I like it when it pops.. but I dont want lava in my mouth.... lol

Blow out then suck...
Gets?
Spaced coils are poppers
As a matter of fact all coils are poppers...

I BAM

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's a common thing, because liquid + heat at instead Hugh temp (for mods that can preheat = pop. It's like throwing meat on a preheated oil. It's going to pop lol. Simple science. Like I said before when vaping just quickly blow on it then vape on.

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's a common thing, because liquid + heat at instead Hugh temp (for mods that can preheat = pop. It's like throwing meat on a preheated oil. It's going to pop lol. Simple science. Like I said before when vaping just quickly blow on it then vape on.

Yeah, esp. since your lips are like, 1/2'' from the coils... LOL

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, esp. since your lips are like, 1/2'' from the coils... LOL

That's the other reason I like the angled adapter or knucklehead, it puts a bit more distance between my lips and the coil, because I do NOT like a hot vape. The angled adapters are usually about 1.99-2.99, I know madvapes.com has them, and the knuckleheads are about $2.99. That particular stainless knucklehead was hard to find, but it's my favorite because it doesn't move freely, you have to actually push it to make it move (so it's not wobbling around when you try to put your mouth on it), and the edge is smooth and rounded, not sharp, no edge. I got it at ecblendflavors.com.

Andria

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's the other reason I like the angled adapter or knucklehead, it puts a bit more distance between my lips and the coil, because I do NOT like a hot vape. The angled adapters are usually about 1.99-2.99, I know madvapes.com has them, and the knuckleheads are about $2.99. That particular stainless knucklehead was hard to find, but it's my favorite because it doesn't move freely, you have to actually push it to make it move (so it's not wobbling around when you try to put your mouth on it), and the edge is smooth and rounded, not sharp, no edge. I got it at ecblendflavors.com.

Andria

What size r u using? that's not a 510, right?

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sure it's a 510, if you mean a "regular driptip." I got no use at all for those huffing things.

Andria

I dont know, drip tips confuse the fuck out of me.. Goon, 510, Kennedy.. bla bla.. I dont know the difference.... all i know, hole in my RDA
is bigger then on my Smoke baby beast tank....

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I dont know, drip tips confuse the fuck out of me.. Goon, 510, Kennedy.. bla bla.. I dont know the difference.... all i know, hole in my RDA

Well, there are "driptips".... and then there are those ridiculous huffing things you could land a 747 in. Those aren't driptips, they're huffing tops, I guess for those trying to stop huffing chemicals, since it's nothing like smoking a cigarette.

Andria

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

810 aka goon size. 510 is a "regular" drip tip. If thats a pulse you are using it's 810 size aka goon size drip tip.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Here is a more in depth guide to what fits what.

http://halfmoonmods.com/fitment-guide/

:)

I'll tag along, adding more listing to "What Fits What?":

https://www.vapingbest.com/blog/810-goon-sized-tanks-list/

Yay! Ultem [ cue Mortal Combat echoing ]" Ultem, ultem, ultem, ... ":) I will vouch that the Ultem(tm) tips help keep lips cool. I have a few here what surprisingly came with clone rdas. Plus, so far Ultem to me seems to be "lip crud" resistant or repellent. No, i do not wet lip my tips but we all do know about general crud. It is mainly dry skin which rubs off on the tips from contact.

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I personally love ultem!, looks unique and cool for me. if i get anything beside that, delrin works best as well. resin would too, but imo, it would warm up a bit.

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Found this online with 810 connection, or u can remove the adapter for 510:

ss 810 drip tip.jpg

But it seems to only be available from China.... :(

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Found this online with 810 connection, or u can remove the adapter for 510:

View attachment 89534

But it seems to only be available from China.... :(

You might find the top of it uncomfy, though; it's got a serious edge. The first stainless knucklehead I bought was like that, and I never could use it, too sharp on my lips. Had to hunt around to find the one with the smooth rounded top.

Andria

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was thinking abiut this post while making tea. Completely forgot to out ice to make it less smoldering hot. And just then... Burned my tongue... So I blame this post! Lol

Dustyjeans

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On more exotic builds poping is a sign that your wicked too loose

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors