Become a Patron!
I said I was going to sit this one out but I'd be interested in hearing from the members who think it's the spring. You can remove the spring and the rig works fine so why would inserting it back into the equation result in this anomaly?

These might seem like silly questions that you obviously have already checked and I don't know how much vape gear you but you likely already did the following:

#verified the battery wrap is flawless
#verified this is happening on different 30T batteries
#verified this is happening across different RDAs each with a 510 pin that has plenty of protrusion since it rests directly on the battery
#if you have access to round wire or clapton'd wire or other coils , that it's happening with different coils. Use .12 builds if that's what you want. I exceed the continuous discharge on my batteries all the time so I use lower builds and sometime use higher builds when I want better battery life so use whatever, but if you can try a different atty and different coils it could help in troubleshooting. If .12 and 35A is where you want to be then use that.
#is the battery getting hot and transferring that heat to the button or is it just the button is heating up?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I said I was going to sit this one out but I'd be interested in hearing from the members who think it's the spring. You can remove the spring and the rig works fine so why would inserting it back into the equation result in this anomaly?

These might seem like silly questions that you obviously have already checked and I don't know how much vape gear you but you likely already did the following:

#verified the battery wrap is flawless
#verified this is happening on different 30T batteries
#verified this is happening across different RDAs each with a 510 pin that has plenty of protrusion since it rests directly on the battery
#if you have access to round wire or clapton'd wire or other coils , that it's happening with different coils. Use .12 builds if that's what you want. I exceed the continuous discharge on my batteries all the time so I use lower builds and sometime use higher builds when I want better battery life so use whatever, but if you can try a different atty and different coils it could help in troubleshooting. If .12 and 35A is where you want to be then use that.
#is the battery getting hot and transferring that heat to the button or is it just the button is heating up?
Again I think it needs to cleaned. Not just using alcohol, Vinegar but an actual cleaner. Me I use Wrights Copper Cream, it's not Petroleum based, water soluble and does an excellent job cleaning. Also after cleaning use something like Deoxit Gold or Noalox.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Goonkiller123

Member For 1 Year
Again I think it needs to cleaned. Not just using alcohol, Vinegar but an actual cleaner. Me I use Wrights Copper Cream, it's not Petroleum based, water soluble and does an excellent job cleaning. Also after cleaning use something like Deoxit Gold or Noalox.

Unfortunately here in my country was not able to find any other metal polishing other than Brazo and bluemagic couldn’t find noalox either, tried with vinegar too about the steps vaporloc mentioned I tried with Sony vtc5a with an 18650 adaptor and vapcell gold 20700 all of them with a perfect wrap and is basically the same and worth mentioning I have 5 rda all of them legit and with a far protruding 510 pin and issue percist I’m thinking I’m gonna leave it like that or might order a new spring, running out options

Thanks.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unfortunately here in my country was not able to find any other metal polishing other than Brazo and bluemagic couldn’t find noalox either, tried with vinegar too about the steps vaporloc mentioned I tried with Sony vtc5a with an 18650 adaptor and vapcell gold 20700 all of them with a perfect wrap and is basically the same and worth mentioning I have 5 rda all of them legit and with a far protruding 510 pin and issue percist I’m thinking I’m gonna leave it like that or might order a new spring, running out options

Thanks.
Wrights Copper Cream is just a Kitchenware cleaner, should be able to find something similar and if not Brazo should work fine. I just prefer Kitchenware cleaner due to non toxic and water soluble. As for Deoxit Gold and Noalox, again just look for something comparable available where you're at. Kennedy uses electic grease on their switches when they ship. Key is to properly clean to remove oxidation, tarnish, etc before applying.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I see you've run into one of the few assholes at VU, me I got tired of his bullshit and just put him on my ignore list.

Welcome to VU, lots of great information and most all here are great.

Says the guy who keeps nagging people when reliable test results don't support his own fantasy tale. Talk about great information... :rolleyes:

wolfheartman

Member For 4 Years
Hi.

With my buffalo mec mod i used to have the same issue, either using spring or the magnets. I solved the problem by using a better spring, clean all treads and specially all the parts of the button, threads included.

Check your button an spring.

Mine was making contact (i suppose) thru the internal surface of the button instead of the spring.

Hope the best, but don't give up, i didn't and i solved the problem, now when i feel a little warm in the button i know it's time to made a deep cleaning

Sorry my bad English

Enviado do meu U FEEL PRIME através do Tapatalk

Goonkiller123

Member For 1 Year
Yeah I saw this new upgrade button but I rather stay away from springs, I will save my money for something else with no springs like the slam piece or something else, better start saving some money for it haha.
thanks.

Ladowscar

Member For 3 Years
first of all wouldnt matter which away he runs his battery 2 his battery will never be at 4.2 more like 3.9-3.8 with battery sag and all been using mechs for 5 years also check the 510 on the rda if they get dirty can cause a hot button

VU Sponsors