Horizontech Falcon king coils

Discussion in 'All Tanks / Factory Coils' started by Rooster Cogburn, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Rooster Cogburn

Rooster Cogburn The Right Hand of God: SWAT!!!bitches!! VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee VU SWAT Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    I have a ehpro Raptor tank that uses its own coils as well as Horizontech falcon king coils. The flavor is amazing, best I’ve had period. It’s on par with my beloved profile rda which I thought impossible from a factory coil tank. My problem is these EHpro coils don’t last very long. The start leaching dirty juice into the tank turning my clear juice dark after a few days and it’s not long after the taste starts suffering. I’m hoping the falcon coils last longer and I still get that excellent flavor. So for those who have used these coils, how long they last you? Also I’d like to hear if you have any other pertinent information about these coils.

Just Frank likes this.
  2. vuJim

vuJim Silver Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    I don't know about longevity, as I've only had mine (in a Falcon King tank) for a day, and I have little to which to compare it, as my only other current tank is a Falcon, but I can tell you this: The vape I'm getting from the 0.38 ohm dual coil, vaping Aqua Cream Vortex, is incredible! Running it on a Kaos mood at 55W. Dense, flavorful, slightly warm vape.

Rooster Cogburn likes this.
  3. Rooster Cogburn

Rooster Cogburn The Right Hand of God: SWAT!!!bitches!! VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee VU SWAT Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    Well that’s good news because my Raptor gives great flavor also. I’m running it side by side with my Uforce with freemax mesh coils which is quite flavorful but there is a noticeable difference between it and my Raptor. It’s moreso impressive because I love the flavor from my Uforce but the Raptor is on a different level. I just hate the lifespan, much too short for me to justify continued use. I’d just use my rda for equal flavor which I already do I’m just lazy and don’t like rebuilding. Anyway thanks for the response and please come back and tell me how long that coil works for you.

4. vuJim

Blog Posts:
    I've been using mostly my Falcon because that's what's got the juice of which I have the most stock, but I tell ya what: Tomorrow, no, tonight, I'll swap the juices and switch to the King. I was thinking of doing that, anyway, for my own test purposes. N.B.: I'm not a heavy vaper.

Whoa! Nic buzz! LOL! (Tryin' to clear the coils of the old juice.)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  5. Just Frank

Just Frank Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    My favorite Falcon coils are the triple mesh. They last me a LONG time (if I dont dry burn them). I used one this year for months. But it's a DIY recipe that I've found is pretty coil freindly. I used the same coil from January to mid July. Flavor didnt drop off much, and I was still getting decent flavor when I decided to change it. The next coil I accidentally dry burned. My Falcons have been sitting in their nest for a while while I'm trying other attys.

6. Rooster Cogburn

Blog Posts:
    Good to know, I’ll have to pick up some triple mesh and give them a try.

Just Frank likes this.
  7. tejas240

tejas240 Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I read the Raptor coils are the bomb, I wasn't impressed with falcon coils. I need to get some raptor coils and try that tank again. My num 1 tank is my Freemax mesh pro with triple coils, umm umm.

8. Rooster Cogburn

Blog Posts:
    The Raptor is the most flavorful tank I’ve used in my 7 years of vaping. I like the single coil and the triple coil, I haven’t tried the double. I wish they would last longer but I mix my own juice and I did add more sweetener than I usually do by accident so maybe that’s the reason they are turning my juice brown so quick. Either way I highly recommend trying the Raptor because it’s flavor is stupendous.

9. vuJim

Blog Posts:
    ICBW, but ISTR, from the last time I was vaping, that heavily-sweetened juices tend to foul coils a lot faster than juices that are less heavily sweetened?

My original Falcon King coil I think is still going strong at the end of day 2+. I say "I think" because I've got a touch of vape tongue, so it's hard to tell, for sure. Everything I've read suggested I should be able to get 2-3 weeks out of a coil.

If the Falcon King coils work in the Raptor, then the Raptor coils will work in the Falcon King, no? I've got to place a coil order. Maybe I'll try one.

10. Rooster Cogburn

Blog Posts:
    Yes Raptor and falcon coils work both ways

11. vuJim

Blog Posts:
    Kinda figured it had to be that way.

I won't have an update on my first Falcon King coil today--which would otherwise have been Day 3 for it. I bought a new Tobeco Mini Super Tank and loaded it with a juice that's about as far away from what I've been vaping as I could find. I'm gonna stick with that for a day to see if I can get the taste of my preferred juices back.

Ironically: This "repair" juice I'm kinda sorta liking :)

12. Belladona

Belladona Previously xAmber Silver Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    So for a beginner... what are the benefits of a falcon king tank? I’ve read all the posts but a lot of it is expert vaper talk and I need it dumbed down for me :(

I checked it out on one of my online vape shops but it’s still a lot of info I don’t understand.

I currently have a Cerberus tank. It does well, but I seem to be burning through coils weekly (with all the proper care tips as well)

13. vuJim

Blog Posts:
    I'm gonna have to let somebody with a wider range of current product take this one, AMPetti79.

14. vuJim

Blog Posts:
    FWIW: I'm happy enough with the Falcon King 0.38 ohm dual coils to have just ordered six of 'em from VaporDNA.

15. vuJim

Blog Posts:
    So I'm up to ±Day 5 on my first Falcon King M-Dual coil and it's still going strong. My other FK tank has ±3 days on it and, likewise, is still great. Caveat, though: I've been vaping at stupidly-low wattages--around 52-53W much of that time. Just last night I upped 'em to 55-57W.

16. vuJim

Blog Posts:
    Here it is on ±Day 10 on my first Falcon King coil, and ±Day 6 on the second. Tank/coil #1 has now had three different dessert type juices in it. The other mostly a more fruit-like juice. Both are still hanging in there. Been vaping at 55-58W the entire week. Occasionally up to 60W for test purposes.