Become a Patron!

Hoping for a new board

4pups

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I'm not really new, just lost pw and have new email, so I was screwed. Used to be 2nd In Command, mostly over in the diy juice area. Anyway, I bricked my efest duo yesterday. Put batteries in backwards, was a small flash, and now it won't turn on and won't fire even with charging cord plugged in.

I love this mod, and was hoping someone out there could put a new dna200 chip in for me. Obviously, I would pay for shipping both ways, and for the chip and your time as well. Looks quite accessible, but I don't have the tools, or knowledge, so there's that. Send me a PM if you might be able to help, and we can work something out.

On the funny side, an hour before I killed the thing, a dude at the local shop offered me 200 for it on the spot. I turned him down and went home and fried the thing instead, cuz I'm rich like that I guess.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Basically any tech with a soldering iron can do it for you.
Just give him the mod and new chip and ask him to replace the old with the new (which are wired exactly the same.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Like shard said, any tech can swap out a board. The soldering itself is fairly easy to do.

Problem will come in with the footprint.
The dna 200 and 250 have the same footprint, meaning the board will fit in with exactly the same wiring configuration.
If it were me and I had to buy a replacement board I would go with the dna250, for the 2a charging.
If you can't find a tech, try a hobby shop, tv repair shop or something along those lines.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

4pups

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When you say a tech, would that be somebody at a vape shop, or I'm not sure where to look? I'll have to Google electronics repair shops in my area I guess. Thanks for the direction.

VU Sponsors