Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anybody deal with them or order a box?
1d3c648bd39736fa666f0753f791e6c1.jpg

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

mkmnrm76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just ordered a duel sx hooligan last night. I'll try to stay in touch and let you know how it goes.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

mkmnrm76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice!!! Glad your liking it. I really like the look of the device!!! Can't wait to get the duel sx!!!!

rudogg760

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nice!!! Glad your liking it. I really like the look of the device!!! Can't wait to get the duel sx!!!!

Took about a month to get mine. Sean was very good about communicating. Post pics when you get yours
52925d4656898f2d3816ed5c778203c7.jpg

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

mkmnrm76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will!!! Won't get in a hurry for it to show up, it's just one guy by himself so you can't expect miracles.

mkmnrm76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got the duel sx in and it is flat out AMAZING!!!!!!

mkmnrm76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got series In the mail. I'll post it when I get it.
I have the DNA 75 coming whenever he gets it done. I've been waiting for about 3 month now....but it's worth it. Just hate the wait.

mkmnrm76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sean is a good guy. There is only so much that it can get done by one person so I don't mind being patient.
I know. I've purchased from him before. Has amazing work and quality. It's just kind of like waiting on Christmas to get here!!!! Takes forever.

mkmnrm76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Show a pic of the inside. The box is freaking awesome and they will last forever!!!

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
image.jpg image.jpg
All soldered joins are protected by liquid insulator. That is a nice touch, something he hasn't been doing before.
It is awesome, I'll order a parallel from him next. It is worth every penny and I don't mind his turnaround as long as quality is spot on. He is constantly improving and trying to provide us with better product. I like his new laser engraving as well, next box I'll go that route.

Last edited:

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nice! I'd love to have one of those!
You should invest in one. It hits way harder then Cricket, and it is a safe and trouble free design. The way he does it I don't see it going to crap any time soon. Fires every time same, switch has great response, and nothing gets hot, not even warm.
25mm atty sits flush. Hard to beat for $100.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You should invest in one. It hits way harder then Cricket, and it is a safe and trouble free design. The way he does it I don't see it going to crap any time soon. Fires every time same, switch has great response, and nothing gets hot, not even warm.
25mm atty sits flush. Hard to beat for $100.
I'd love to, eventually, maybe an SX too!

mkmnrm76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine is a freaking work horse!!! I've been using it everyday for the past 6 months and I've dropped it on my kitchen floor twice and not a single scratch on it and works as good as the day I recieved it in the mail. It's a tank.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish I was having the experience you guys did. I ordered a series box back in early May, didn't see it until end of August. Even then, it was the wrong color and lacking engraving he said he would include. I sent the mod back two weeks ago, was told it would ship last week, and no response since.

Today, I see a guy ordered an SX on Thursday of last week and got it in the mail this morning. Seriously?!

I'm really not trying to bash Sean here. I think that he's a great guy, makes great products, but for some reason I get the feeling that I keep falling through the cracks. I've hesitated posting about it for that simple fact, but seeing that someone ordered a mod from him last week and had it today pissed me off after waiting for four months.

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That is frustrating, I feel you. It may be the laser engraving that is slowing everything down. It was two months wait for me. Hit him up on Facebook.

Last edited:

mkmnrm76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I feel like he takes on more than he can handle sometimes. With the laser engraving, it's time consuming and he is doing his in house now and just learning. Plus he is just one guy. I'm right there with on waiting, I ordered from him 3 months ago and I'm still waiting. I talked to him on the phone this past week and he said he would send it out and I should receive it this week so I'll keep my finger crossed and hope it shows up.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is frustrating, I feel you. It may be the laser engraving that is slowing everything down. It was two months wait for me. Hit him up on Facebook.

Problem is, I did. No reply since last Thursday. I'm starting to feel like he's avoiding me. I just sent him a message last night so I'm hoping he'll get back to me today.

EDIT: Heard back from him just now. The mod is ready to ship I guess.

Last edited:

mkmnrm76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone out there recieved his dna75 device yet?? Got one coming and hoping it is as good as his duel sx.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To what are you referring?

This is the mechanical mod category of the forum, and this box mod is not a mechanical mod. However, OP posting this box mod in the Regulated mod area, would most likely be ignored. Maybe there should be a new category like regulated and unregulated "Box Mods". This type of mod has no home in this forum, but needs one.

mkmnrm76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is the mechanical mod category of the forum, and this box mod is not a mechanical mod. However, OP posting this box mod in the Regulated mod area, would most likely be ignored. Maybe there should be a new category like regulated and unregulated "Box Mods". This type of mod has no home in this forum, but needs one.
Hooligan mods produces regulated and unregulated mods. I was referring to his sx model and DNA model but this forum isn't bound by that....is it. I thought it was Hooligan mods in general, not just mechanical or unregulated.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay so I received my order on Monday. Overall build quality is awesome and I see this mod lasting a long time. That being said, I'm really disappointed in the laser engraving. There's a pretty obvious flaw in the main logo and the custom engraving I requested is really light, grainy, and crooked. Not going to return it because t works fine, but it's not what I expected for $110.
225b15bab645c5757a31322a78880422.jpg
66e026cf0b6279ff14d8054be89e360c.jpg

mkmnrm76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love the design of the stormtroopers...that being said, the engraving is poor. I would have to send it back if it was from a shop, but if you sent that back to him then you would be lucky to see it by Christmas. I'm getting the same badge logo on mine. No offence, but I hope he does a better job on mine.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love the design of the stormtroopers...that being said, the engraving is poor. I would have to send it back if it was from a shop, but if you sent that back to him then you would be lucky to see it by Christmas. I'm getting the same badge logo on mine. No offence, but I hope he does a better job on mine.

None taken. I hope yours is better than mine, too.

It very well could be my own fault for not sending him the image in higher resolution. That being said, there's not much of an excuse for the company logo to have such a flaw in it.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So yeah... my mod auto fired on my way to work three times. A SERIES mod pushing in the neighborhood of 7.6 volts. Perfect.
I sent him a message on FB. I'm about ready for a refund now.

Waffle Baron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
bvious flaw in the main logo and the custom engraving

I work with an Epilog laser engraver all day, so the crappy engraving can be from many variables... Could be crappy vector art he didn't clean up before engraving, the frequency could be to low or the speed to fast. The logo with the line through it looks like the machine stopped engraving and he tried to restart it where it left off, which is almost impossible to line up...

A14U4IA

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So have a first run of unregulated copper and oak 2s mods coming. Have been using the prototype for months, does the extra 50 to laser engrave matter or will a burnt brand do? Second run I may get a laser engraver. I am just glad to see demand for unregulated mods, and dont fret over oak it tears up tools worse than aluminum.

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So have a first run of unregulated copper and oak 2s mods coming. Have been using the prototype for months, does the extra 50 to laser engrave matter or will a burnt brand do? Second run I may get a laser engraver. I am just glad to see demand for unregulated mods, and dont fret over oak it tears up tools worse than aluminum.
Can you pm me some pics ?

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Hell yeah there's interest!

mkmnrm76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just a quick update. Sean is making me another mod and I'm sending the one I received back. Great customer service!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great to hear that!!! He is a good guy, just way to much on his plate, I think. Send in more pics whenever you get the new one

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just a quick update. Sean is making me another mod and I'm sending the one I received back. Great customer service!

Surprised that was sent out in the first place. I mean, it was pretty obvious it shouldn't have been. Maybe he has an employee that doesn't care as much as he does

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Surprised that was sent out in the first place. I mean, it was pretty obvious it shouldn't have been. Maybe he has an employee that doesn't care as much as he does

True, but he's trying to make up for it now. All it takes is a bit of effort!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors