Become a Patron!

Honeycomb Custard and Cookies

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well I gave it 9 days and tried it this morning...

Tastes good, but holy hell its overpowering and to sweet lol.

Not sure if its the MB-LC or the INW-SB that changes the whole thing...or the combo of both lol

Granted I never used INW-SB or MB-LC before, heck half the flavorings I have are from the DIY sub here...

I think I will mix up 5 testers...yeah should of done that the first go...but each time I've mixed anything suggested thus far, its been perfect for me...

Test 1 - Just add the MB-LC
Test 2 - Just swap in the INW-SB
Test 3 - Halve the MB-LC
Test 4 - Halve the INW-SB
Test 5 - Halve both

If anything I absolutely enjoy the original... and I truly vape it daily... and rotate in my two Dvarw MTL's it and Red Pill (One shots)

Funny thing about Red Pill... their suggestion is 22% mixed... I did a tester at 22%... yeah dropped that right down to 13.5%...almost burned my nostrils at 22% LOL

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well I gave it 9 days and tried it this morning...

Tastes good, but holy hell its overpowering and to sweet lol.

Not sure if its the MB-LC or the INW-SB that changes the whole thing...or the combo of both lol

Granted I never used INW-SB or MB-LC before, heck half the flavorings I have are from the DIY sub here...

I think I will mix up 5 testers...yeah should of done that the first go...but each time I've mixed anything suggested thus far, its been perfect for me...

Test 1 - Just add the MB-LC
Test 2 - Just swap in the INW-SB
Test 3 - Halve the MB-LC
Test 4 - Halve the INW-SB
Test 5 - Halve both

If anything I absolutely enjoy the original... and I truly vape it daily... and rotate in my two Dvarw MTL's it and Red Pill (One shots)

Funny thing about Red Pill... their suggestion is 22% mixed... I did a tester at 22%... yeah dropped that right down to 13.5%...almost burned my nostrils at 22% LOL
Good plan! My next iteration will be with the Legendary added and INW Shortbread subbed for the cookie. But the original is still my favorite....and I also vape it daily.

I did do a mix with the INW Shortbread subbed for the FA cookie and it was stellar. Butterier. A touch sweeter, but not out of control.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This caught my eye, because love the honeycomb custard one shot I got from chefs.

I got everything in my BCF cart including MB Legendary Custard and inw shortbread to try the variations, only thing missing is the FA Premium Custard, as would have to order from chefs and wait maybe 10 days to get it, so subbing it for inw custard as suggested.

Question just to make sure I am right, when using Legendary Custard, you are adding it to the mix, not subbing it for the FA Premium Custard right?

I am wanting something that will mean I don't have to order the honeycomb custard from the UK, so thinking of trying this without cookie too, has anyone tried that by chance?

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I am adding the Legendary to the mix....don’t know about anyone else.

I don’t know how Nicks Honeycomb Custard tastes.....but, if I’m remembering correctly, he published the recipe. Soooo.....you could just mix Honeycomb Custard instead of buying the one shot? I’ve never tried mine without the Cookie.

If you want some Custard Premium, give me a holler. I have a ton of little bottles waiting for new homes.......:D

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am adding the Legendary to the mix....don’t know about anyone else.

I don’t know how Nicks Honeycomb Custard tastes.....but, if I’m remembering correctly, he published the recipe. Soooo.....you could just mix Honeycomb Custard instead of buying the one shot? I’ve never tried mine without the Cookie.

If you want some Custard Premium, give me a holler. I have a ton of little bottles waiting for new homes.......:D
I’m confused :D I haven’t had a chance to mix the newer variations yet. Here are my notes is this correct? I thought one of the variations based on my notes is you replace FA Cookie with the INW Shortbread o_O ?

Thanks @wildgypsy70 :D

Honeycomb Custard & Cookie @wildgypsy

TFA Bavarian Cream 1%

FA Cookie 2% - sub with INW Shortbread 1.5%

VT Honeycomb 2%

Caps Sweet Cream 1%

FA Custard Premium 2.5%

Easy peasy. 1 week steep.

New edition to the HC&C.....MB Legendary Custard. Add 2% to the original recipe. Yum, yum, yum!

Next edition? Switch up the FA Cookie to INW Shortbread with the Legendary addition. I really do like the ability to swap out similar flavors and have it still work.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This caught my eye, because love the honeycomb custard one shot I got from chefs.

I got everything in my BCF cart including MB Legendary Custard and inw shortbread to try the variations, only thing missing is the FA Premium Custard, as would have to order from chefs and wait maybe 10 days to get it, so subbing it for inw custard as suggested.

Question just to make sure I am right, when using Legendary Custard, you are adding it to the mix, not subbing it for the FA Premium Custard right?

I am wanting something that will mean I don't have to order the honeycomb custard from the UK, so thinking of trying this without cookie too, has anyone tried that by chance?
I remember telling you Nick Evans published his recipe on ELR :p you forgot :D ?

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Chefs has 20% off until Monday. “20OFF” & Wizard Lab has 15% off “COOL$” also until Monday. And BCV should be having a Labor Day sale too.

Chefs would be probably the best place to order to get all the flavors, but I hate waiting for the orders, like waiting on fasttech, I'm going to try variations of this first, as got all the flavors coming anyway, may like it more :)

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I’m confused :D I haven’t had a chance to mix the newer variations yet. Here are my notes is this correct? I thought one of the variations based on my notes is you replace FA Cookie with the INW Shortbread o_O ?

Thanks @wildgypsy70 :D

Honeycomb Custard & Cookie @wildgypsy

TFA Bavarian Cream 1%

FA Cookie 2% - sub with INW Shortbread 1.5%

VT Honeycomb 2%

Caps Sweet Cream 1%

FA Custard Premium 2.5%

Easy peasy. 1 week steep.

New edition to the HC&C.....MB Legendary Custard. Add 2% to the original recipe. Yum, yum, yum!

Next edition? Switch up the FA Cookie to INW Shortbread with the Legendary addition. I really do like the ability to swap out similar flavors and have it still work.
Correct! Yes, I have done the Shortbread sub....it’s goooood. The next iteration will do the INW Shortbread sub WITH the new Legendary addition.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Most of them, only just got back into mixing and haven't got much flavor supplies yet, but this thread will keep me busy for a while, I like this recipe you have done, as plenty of variations with it :)
Gotcha. Don’t worry.....we can enable you properly. :D

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well... tried the 5 variants I mixed up as mentioned above...

Original is the clear winner for me in the Dvarw RTA.

I did try them in my Le Concorde/NarDa RSAs and they are much better in squonk atomizers at and around 35w...but I don’t squonk anymore and only vape at 14w in loose MTL.

For this guy OG is the shiznat

Ymmv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Only just got around to loading this up, so had over a 3 week steep, ohhh it is so good, nice and creamy, if I get a chance to mix this weekend, going to try it with the shortbread, I'm not a big mixer, but I love this recipe @wildgypsy70 , as so many different variations you can do with it, I like it with the cookie, but think I am going to try it without any cookie too, to see how it is as a custard alone.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Only just got around to loading this up, so had over a 3 week steep, ohhh it is so good, nice and creamy, if I get a chance to mix this weekend, going to try it with the shortbread, I'm not a big mixer, but I love this recipe @wildgypsy70 , as so many different variations you can do with it, I like it with the cookie, but think I am going to try it without any cookie too, to see how it is as a custard alone.
:blowkiss:Does my heart good to hear you like it!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Crack Pie...

You've been warned ;)

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I finally ordered a few flavors i was missing to make this last week from Bull City,at the same time i ordered the Custard premium and few other odd and end flavors from Chefs.I made a batch of this on Monday with the Inawera custard,because i figured the Chefs order would take a few weeks to get,but i got home from work today and it's here haha.I ordered from Chefs last Thursday and it's in my mailbox this Thursday,so now i get to try both versions of this recipe,i also got the Mb legendary custard to try that addition later on.Definitely looking forward to trying this.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
OK, what version of this are ya'll vaping? I want to try it....:)

I’ve played with this recipe a ton of times....I always go back to the original. I usually replace a flavor with the same flavor from a different company. (i.e. INW Biscuit for FA Cookie).

The OG is still the champion, IMO.:)

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Never mixed 500 mils of a flavor for myself before, but this is 'that good' for me to do it :)

Excuse the label, no fancy label maker here.

View attachment 154536

OK
img_20200202_154903-jpg.154536

DAT says it all..
so @Nailz or @wildgypsy70 please re-issue the recipe and tell me EVERYTHING needed at chefs
cuz am gonna be placing an order REAL soon.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
OK
img_20200202_154903-jpg.154536

DAT says it all..
so @Nailz or @wildgypsy70 please re-issue the recipe and tell me EVERYTHING needed at chefs
cuz am gonna be placing an order REAL soon.
The only thing you need at Chefs is FA Custard Premium(or Flavor Creative....it’s a rebottle of FA). Everything else can be had at Bull City. Go back to page one of this and the original recipe is there.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
An update, while I’m thinking about it.....

The new TFA Vanilla Custard II would be an excellent substitute for FA Custard Premium, if one would rather not wait the 10 or so days(UK shipping). They’re comparable.....the CP is butterier(DAAP!!!). The VCII is a bit lighter and more vanilla forward. But I’ve tried it and it works. Or combine the two! Best of both worlds!

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
The recipe is here: Honeycomb Custard and Cookies. The Custard Premium is the only thing for this recipe you need to get from Chefs Flavours, everything else can be found on BCF.
not to doubt you gopher
but after all da V-1 V-2 dis one has a little star and dat one has a little car o my goodness
what a lot of varaiations on one recipe der are.
That i have read.
so just wanna make sure.
@Nailz
this is what you made right?
TFA Bavarian Cream 1% <---Have
FA Cookie 2% <---Have
VT Honeycomb 2% <--- Will need
Caps Sweet Cream 1% <---can sub {gypsy taught me how}
FA Custard Premium 2.5% <----an HAVE thanks @Howard Hughes lemon muffins

UNLESS you did one of the Multi changes i read..
and den am willing to still GET... when i see a new batch of
500 ML
gotta take a bow to @wildgypsy70 Cuz da Honeycomb Custard and Cookies has GOTTA be good.

Last edited:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
not to doubt you gopher
but after all da V-1 V-2 dis one has a little star and dat one has a little car recipes i have read.
i wanna make sure.
@Nailz
this is what you made right?
TFA Bavarian Cream 1% <---Have
FA Cookie 2% <---Have
VT Honeycomb 2% <--- Will need
Caps Sweet Cream 1% <---can sub {gypsy taught me how}
FA Custard Premium 2.5% <----an HAVE thanks @Howard Hughes lemon muffins

UNLESS you did one of the Multi changes i read..
and den am willing to still GET... when i see a new batch of
500 ML
gotta take a bow to @wildgypsy70 Cuz da Honeycomb Custard and Cookies has GOTTA be good.
I was just going by what @wildgypsy70 had said earlier where she's messed with it and always comes back to the original. I swear I wasn't trying to lead you outta your rabbit hole into my gopher hole...:D

I’ve played with this recipe a ton of times....I always go back to the original. I usually replace a flavor with the same flavor from a different company. (i.e. INW Biscuit for FA Cookie).

The OG is still the champion, IMO.:)

VU Sponsors