Honeycomb Custard and Cookies

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid - Recipes' started by wildgypsy70, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Mostestketosis

Mostestketosis New Member

Blog Posts:
    Yea I recently decided it was a must need flavor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Possibly.....I’ll go check it out!

Heartsdelight likes this.
  3. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    It looks like the UK site may be cheaper. If I’m remembering correctly, FA Italy ended up being $6 a piece, with shipping. If the UK is cheaper and faster, I’d def try there.

Heartsdelight and Mostestketosis like this.
  4. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    It is.....I managed to get a 30ml in the states before it disappeared. Good stuff!

Heartsdelight and inspects like this.
  5. Mostestketosis

Blog Posts:
    I always find out about these things too late. Custard premium has been a game changer. Do u mix up a lot of HICs stuff or have any experience with it

6. Mostestketosis

Blog Posts:
    I read that many people add 1.5x flavoring with his recipes. Kinda wondering if that is a thing I should do from now on

7. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    It is a game changer!

I have a few of his shop recipes and there’s quite a few here in the recipe thread. HIC’s recipes are hit or miss for me(more hits than misses). And I have heard the percentage thing. I usually mix the OG recipe as stated(with everyone, not just HIC)....then play around if I’m not satisfied. From what I remember, he vapes at like 12 watts. Even with the hit or miss thing, he is an absolute wealth of knowledge on everything FA. If I ever have a question, I go to his notes and get an answer. A good answer.

bobnat, inspects and MWorthington like this.
  8. MWorthington

MWorthington Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I thought I was gonna be able to order this weekend but now it's gonna be the 3rd. Just as soon as I can get the stuff here I'll mix it.

wildgypsy70 and inspects like this.
  9. Mostestketosis

Blog Posts:
    I feel like I am very picky when it comes to my vaping tastes, I would love to hear some of your favorite recipes you prefer as your tastes seem to be similar to mine.

Heartsdelight and wildgypsy70 like this.
  10. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    So I thought I’d update this one.....

I’ve tried many versions of this recently, changing out the FA cookie aspect. With the acquisition of INW Shortbread, I got inspired.
    I tried.....

FLV Cookie
    FLV Biscotti
    INW Biscuit
    INW Shortbread
    JF Biscuit
    JF Cookie
    Caps SL Biscuit
    The clear winner, IMO, is INW Shortbread. So much butterier than all the others. Really works well with the custard. The rest were definitely good and I finished every 30 ml I made. FLV biscotti brought a dark, faint almond note with a very faint touch of coffee? FLV Cookie was also darker and crispier. JF/INW/Caps Biscuit were all similar enough and nothing jumped out at me. Still a WIP. The only other thing I might mess with is the Bavarian to see if FW or JF is better than TFA in this recipe. :D

NGAHaze and Heartsdelight like this.
  11. Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    So you got rid of FA Cookie & replaced it with Inw Shortbread @2%? Did you still add WF Tahitian Vanilla Cream?

wildgypsy70 likes this.
  12. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Not this time. I was messing with the original recipe. So yeah, I replaced FA Cookie with 1.5% of the Shortbread. It’s definitely worth a mix. Not overtly different, but imparts a butterier cookie taste.

13. Heartsdelight

Blog Posts:
    I’m going to try it! Thanks!

wildgypsy70 likes this.
  14. NGAHaze

NGAHaze Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Word on the street is that JF Bavarian Cream is richer than both TFA and FW.

Hmm, now you have to change the name of the recipe ... Honeycomb Custard and Shortbread ;)

wildgypsy70 and Heartsdelight like this.
  15. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    I have heard that, which is why I wanna try it!

NGAHaze and Heartsdelight like this.
  16. Heartsdelight

Blog Posts:
    Ha won’t catch me without this time I ordered it & should be arriving Thursday or Friday :D

wildgypsy70 and NGAHaze like this.
  17. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Woo hoo!

18. Menthol

Menthol Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    First time mixing this a couple of days ago, What can i say. ADDICTED.

19. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Yay! So glad you enjoy it!<3

Menthol and Heartsdelight like this.
  20. 88ArDeN88

88ArDeN88 Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    @wildgypsy70 do you think FLV milk and honey instead of the VT honeycomb would be a decent sub for now until I put my next order in? I'm sure the two taste quite different, but I want to try this NOW!

21. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Hmmmm.....yeah, give it a go. The Honeycomb has a verrrrry slight chocolate note and a toffee-like note, but I think Milk and Honey might work quite nicely.

88ArDeN88 and Heartsdelight like this.
  22. 88ArDeN88

88ArDeN88 Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    That's what I was thinking. With the shortbread cookie and custard premium. MMMM. Milk and honey is one of those flavors I bought in my initial DIY purchase and the few times I've used it and given it it's proper steep It's been divine, but I always forget to use it.

wildgypsy70 and Heartsdelight like this.