Become a Patron!

Honey Bun

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Honey Circles really goes well with Glazed Doughnut in this simple mix. Gooey and sweet. This will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth. I can't wait to try it with my morning coffee.
Glazed Doughnut(CAP) 6%
Honey circles(TFA) 4%
Fresh Cream(FA) 1%
(I mix 30/70vg-2mg)
I may add .5-1% FA Cinnamon Ceylon to my next batch just to see. The way it is now, it taste like those cheap soft Honey Buns.
honeybun.jpg

Last edited:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You order that dark chocolate yet? :D

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You order that dark chocolate yet? :D
I can't bring myself to do it. Every time I tried a chocolate pre-mix in the past hasn't been pretty. BUT, if you can convince me it's not a coil gunker and wick sticker, I will.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Honey Circles really goes well with Glazed Doughnut in this simple mix. Gooey and sweet. This will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth. I can't wait to try it with my morning coffee.
Glazed Doughnut(CAP) 6%
Honey circles(TFA) 4%
Fresh Cream(FA) 1%
(I mix 30/70vg-2mg)
I may add .5-1% FA Cinnamon Ceylon to my next batch just to see. The way it is now, it taste like those cheap soft Honey Buns.

Yum, thank you for sharing. I don't have G. Donut and I'm on the edge about buying it. I keep hearing it tastes "like play doh".

I'm sensitive to this info because I got big (30ml) bottles of tfa almond amaretto and belgian waffle on one of my first DIY orders and feel like they have, idk, "play doh undertones". In other words, they taste like play doh.

What are your thoughts on this play doh taste vis a vis cap glazed donut? And please don't say you've never eaten play doh.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And please don't say you've never eaten play doh.
Are you kidding me? I love play doh. I had spam, spam, eggs ,play doh, spam, play doh and spam for breakfast today.:D
I don't get the play doh thing from it. Of course, I don't get stale beer from FA Joy either.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is glazed donut the one that tastes like play doh? I have Caps and I have TFA, and one of them definitely tastes like liquid play doh, this must be it. It was horrid! :confused:

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh no the Teresa flavor voodoo curse.:eek:

I must admit, I somehow sense the need to properly utilize a..."Black Chicken"...in my next mixing session!

Ron
---
"The only difference between the sane and the insane is that the sane have the power to lock up the insane."- Hunter S. Thompson

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I must admit, I somehow sense the need to properly utilize a..."Black Chicken"...in my next mixing session!

Ron
---
"The only difference between the sane and the insane is that the sane have the power to lock up the insane."- Hunter S. Thompson
m9j6vii.jpg

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is glazed donut the one that tastes like play doh? I have Caps

Yep... CAPS GD tastes like play-doh minus the salt....disgusting vape. Same with CAPS Chocolate GD which is why I can't vape the very popular Bronuts recipe which also has another one of my enemies in it.... Joy. I don't understand how some taste it and some don't. Seems the same people that taste play-doh also taste flat beer in Joy.

Edit... Have you ever tried TFA Strawberry? Tastes like strawberry seeds soaked in PG to me.... YUCK! I love TFA Ripe Strawberry though.

Last edited:

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep... CAPS GD tastes like play-doh minus the salt....disgusting vape. Same with CAPS Chocolate GD which is why I can't vape the very popular Bronuts recipe which also has another one of my enemies in it.... Joy. I don't understand how some taste it and some don't. Seems the same people that taste play-doh also taste flat beer in Joy.

Edit... Have you ever tried TFA Strawberry? Tastes like strawberry seeds soaked in PG to me.... YUCK! I love TFA Ripe Strawberry though.
I'm the same way with FA Tiramisu and FA Mango. Most love them, I can't.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Joy. I don't understand how some taste it and some don't. Seems the same people that taste play-doh also taste flat beer in Joy.

Not everybody's taste buds are the same. For example, Diacetyl (A buttery flavor)is considered a flaw in many beer styles. My instructor in beer judging class told us there are folks that cannot discern Diacetyl. (even at high levels.)

Over the years I've met several judges with this "condition" and all their other taste sensation abilities are normal.

I'm not saying Joy or play-doh sensory sensations (or lack) are due to the inability to taste Diacetyl, only that folks are different.

Ron
---
“Who cares how time advances? I am drinking ale today." - Edgar Allan Poe

VU Sponsors