Become a Patron!

Holy Tamole! This Augvape Intake Dual May Have Ruined Me!

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Received an Augvape Intake Dual RTA today. This evening went to build on it. First tried the supplied coils. Not certain exactly what they are. Claptons, maybe? Anyway, I couldn't get 'em to work. Kept coming up with unusably low resistance. After messing with it for about an hour, gave up and built a couple simple coils with 6 turns of 26 ga. Kanthal at 3mm. Result came out a bit higher than I'd have liked, around 0.62 ohms, but I was anxious to move on, so I went with 'em. With a little grooming they lit up evenly and perfectly. Wicked it up with Native Wicks--remembering what I'd seen on-line to not to stuff the wells full. Primed the cotton, put it together and juiced it up.

First few vapes were unremarkable, but once the new build broke in a bit and I got the wattage dialed-in: Holy Tamole!.

It's true that the airflow is somewhat restrictive. Much more restrictive than even my Falcon, much less my Falcon Kings, but the vape... Oh my. Not going to win any cloud competitions with it, but unbelievably dense and a little warm running at just 33W. Heck, even my old eVic-VTC Mini could keep up that that all day. And taste just out of this world. Chain-vaped it. I could not run those wicks out.

I know others aren't fond of the somewhat restrictive airflow on the Intake series, but I gotta tell y'all: For my money this thing is great!

Now I'm in trouble. My other tanks seem tepid, by comparison :(

And, much to my surprise, I even like the little shorty drip tip that comes with it.

DirtySouthVaper

Member For 2 Years
Glad to hear you're liking it! Personally I love the original Intake RTA, I have 2 of them. I just ordered the matte black Intake Dual yesterday because it's been out of stock. Can't wait for it to arrive!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also have and really enjoy the original Intake. I'm also the same when I get a new atty of any type it seems that everything else pales in comparison. Once the newness wears off you'll rediscover your other attys and what you love about them.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Glad to hear you're liking it! Personally I love the original Intake RTA, I have 2 of them.
I had originally planned to grab an Intake. The single-coil build was attractive. But nobody had 'em in stock. I suspect that probably worked out best for me. The airflow on my Dual about as restrictive as I'd care to have.

I will likely try a single-coil build on the Dual.

I'm also the same when I get a new atty of any type it seems that everything else pales in comparison. Once the newness wears off you'll rediscover your other attys and what you love about them.
Yeah, I'm not going to go off selling my Falcon and Falcon Kings, and buying another couple Intake Duals right off the bat--though I will probably acquire at least one more Dual.

Furthermore: In retrospect I realized my test was a bit unfair. The juice I used to test the Intake Dual is far and away the richest, most flavourful juice I have. So this morning I swapped the juice in one of my Kings to what's in the Intake Dual and installed an M-Triple coil in it.

One thing is certain: I was able to vape that Intake Dual like I've never been able to vape anything before--not even my RDAs. Again, in retrospect, thinking back on how I used to build/wick my RTAs/RDAs: I think I was under-wicking everything and over-stuffing the juice wells in the RTAs. That's got me thinking about building either my old Bellus or the NIB Goblin Mini I have. That Goblin Mini, in particular, would be a real nice match for my eVic-VTC Mini mod.

VU Sponsors