Become a Patron!

Hohm wrecker g2

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
yeah I noticed a lot of shit missing. I'm going to flash back to the last firmware because I liked having all the SS options! really don't like the oil rig logo, the bell is cool but I never shut my g2 off so that's a useless logo. bah, maybe this is a unofficial leaked firmware or some shit.... disgruntled employee releasing half ass firmware... who knows. 10w + means nothing to me except as a wow factor cause two 18650 can't push that kind of power for long anyways.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Well for you Trahalds that never drag your ass out of the Vales of Anduin, :giggle: this was also in HohmTechs FB post...

** for those that ask how do we have this firmware...answer is simple, months ago, the folks at Vaping American Made Products were looking at options in the past to bring something new and innovative to the market. They considered Hohm Tech's FSK (Flagship Killer Chip Co.) as whom to work with. One thing led to another, and now, as the owners of this firmware, we are making it available to the folks that want MORE POWER, & have a love for The Rig Mod team.

That last bit is a little cryptic to me, maybe the Rig Mod deal fell through?

DavidOH

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Don't know if I'll put it in or not. The presets being gone wouldn't matter because none of them worked for me so I only use XXX mode.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't know if I'll put it in or not. The presets being gone wouldn't matter because none of them worked for me so I only use XXX mode.
presents available are:
7bc43985d910239b43a3723b1f141ebc.jpg
1c394cb1b309c3976542d8d55590f56a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The SS preset is there like before, but the all the variations are gone from the SS sub menu. The 430 preset worked great for me in the regular firmware, I would assume that this new SS preset is 316L.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I came across a quirk last night and wondered if anyone else had experienced it with their G2. I installed new coils made using some cheapo prebuilt wire from FT, labeled as "fused" claptons (the look like twised claptons, ie with a twisted inner core, but I'm not up on my clapton terminology, so maybe that's the same thing?). Came out reading .21 ohms, about half of my typical clapton builds (all prebuilt wire).

After getting all the hot spots out etc, they will not work in the TC mode I normally use, XXX, nor will they work in the other "advanced TC mode," Kanthal. I hold the button down, and the wattage just goes to 0 and stays there. They do work find in regular wattage mode, though, as well as the wattage version of "insane temps mode."

Anybody else experienced anything like this? I'll chalk it up to the wire not being great quality, and so something about it makes the mod not like if for the "advanced" temp modes. Just seems weird that it works find in the "insane" temp mode.

With that in mind, does anyone know the difference between the "insane" and "advanced" temp modes? The FSK curve menu is different, but other than that I don't know how they differ.

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I came across a quirk last night and wondered if anyone else had experienced it with their G2. I installed new coils made using some cheapo prebuilt wire from FT, labeled as "fused" claptons (the look like twised claptons, ie with a twisted inner core, but I'm not up on my clapton terminology, so maybe that's the same thing?). Came out reading .21 ohms, about half of my typical clapton builds (all prebuilt wire).

After getting all the hot spots out etc, they will not work in the TC mode I normally use, XXX, nor will they work in the other "advanced TC mode," Kanthal. I hold the button down, and the wattage just goes to 0 and stays there. They do work find in regular wattage mode, though, as well as the wattage version of "insane temps mode."

Anybody else experienced anything like this? I'll chalk it up to the wire not being great quality, and so something about it makes the mod not like if for the "advanced" temp modes. Just seems weird that it works find in the "insane" temp mode.

With that in mind, does anyone know the difference between the "insane" and "advanced" temp modes? The FSK curve menu is different, but other than that I don't know how they differ.
Thats what it does in XXX when the FSK isnt set. Pull the atty off and fire it to clear the resistance, screw your atty down and fire it, select XXX, set your temp to where you want it, & slowly start adjusting your FSK curve until you start getting vapor production, once you start getting vapor its just a matter of playing with the curve until its where you like it, wire type is irrelevant in XXX

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thats what it does in XXX when the FSK isnt set. Pull the atty off and fire it to clear the resistance, screw your atty down and fire it, select XXX, set your temp to where you want it, & slowly start adjusting your FSK curve until you start getting vapor production, once you start getting vapor its just a matter of playing with the curve until its where you like it, wire type is irrelevant in XXX

Oh wow, you're right! I had the FSK set to 4.2 from my other similar claptons, though those came out to around .45. I assumed it should be in that same range. Raised it up at most to 8 and nothing changed, so figured some problem was afoot. Just tried 12, and it's working like normal. Thanks man, I'll play around with it and get it dialed in for this new build.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Someone please tell me they sent me the wrong mod?? I ordered red and got orange? I mean it's not a little orange in certain lights it's completly orange
6dceac1ca9959c2b3b6bffba3e640751.jpg
0823795a64531208cfa0f6f82e79dcf5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wow. Mine seems much more red than that. But it does appear orange-ish under certain lighting. And I don't have the orange to do a side-by-side...so maybe it is red?

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Unfortunately that is the red, here I have the "red" on the left and orange on the right

e1ec383207ac6446a14b69bf3ce251fc.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Well that's very unfortunate, guess it'll get sold or something. I like real red, not orange named red.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only have one, and it's red. I do love it, and it's still my most used mod in my meager collection. I really need to grab another one some day.
Yeah, it still is my favorite chip to use just because of the versatility, doesn't matter what you use to build, you can dial that vape in beautifully!

I do like the red, love the sheen of the anodized color.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Guess it's my absent minded day. I've been using several different mods lately. I put new batteries in my g2 and pressed the button 5 times, nothing. Oh crap, I thought. It's not working. I pressed the other button 5 times, nothing. I looked at the g2 REAL HARD. I pressed the buttons 3 times. Awe, must be the batteries. I changed the batteries and pressed the buttons 5 times, nothing. It took me 15 minutes to remember how to turn it on. Exciting morning.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Guess it's my absent minded day. I've been using several different mods lately. I put new batteries in my g2 and pressed the button 5 times, nothing. Oh crap, I thought. It's not working. I pressed the other button 5 times, nothing. I looked at the g2 REAL HARD. I pressed the buttons 3 times. Awe, must be the batteries. I changed the batteries and pressed the buttons 5 times, nothing. It took me 15 minutes to remember how to turn it on. Exciting morning.
I did the same thing a few weeks ago.....lol. I got all nervous thinking one of my G2's had finally given up the ghost, the sense of relief when I finally remembered to press and hold the mode button was huge.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I often have to open up a pdf manual to remind myself how to do things like change modes and lock resistance in all my mods. Most common thing for me to forget how to do on the g2 is how to switch from temp mode to digi watts mode every 4 - 6 weeks when I am dry burning my ss coils.

Wylde_77

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok so my g2 broke. The plastic "insulators" that hold the bottom spring contacts both cracked and are "sunken". Where do I send it to get it fixed? All answers in one shot? If warranty is past where else can I send or take it to get it fixed? It's a rather simple fix it's just getting the part. .. ugh this mod is great. But it was supposed to be tough. Didn't even have it for a year....My first mod, an ipv4 out lasted it .

jb58

Member For 4 Years
Shit.. Yea.. I emailed em and this is what they told me... It's quiet frustrating really.. View attachment 90989
If you haven't ordered yet save yourself some time and order a couple of extras. I haven't broke the bottom ones but have dropped mine on its top and the batteries slamming into the top has broke the bridge in the top, simple fix as they just slide in.

Wylde_77

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you haven't ordered yet save yourself some time and order a couple of extras. I haven't broke the bottom ones but have dropped mine on its top and the batteries slamming into the top has broke the bridge in the top, simple fix as they just slide in.
Yeah... The bottoms are a little plastic housing with a spring. The spring popped out bottom on one and the other cracked up the side. Such a stupid flaw on a mod that's supposed to be your life time companion. "Ready for the tenth storie drop!" Hahaha! :D Yea right. Mine only dropped from table height. Seriously somebody could engineered something better on such a tiny but important piece in the mod. .. poor craftsmanship of u ask me.

VU Sponsors