Become a Patron!

Hohm wrecker g2

Motocrossman24

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok thx, prob won't have time to upgrade if I get b4 work which is why I asked about xxx settings. I also haven't heard much of people using the tc for nicrome, I'm only through page 25 In the thread though so maybe i just haven't caught up yet.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Anytime. Here's the fsk chart. I think it's also in the first time user guide.
Screenshot_2017-04-04-23-34-37.png
Someone suggested taping a copy inside the battery door. I would if I had a working printer. LOL

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just recently used a pair of 2x26g/38g all nichrome fused claptons in my crius running temp control on the G2 and it was great. I'm pretty sure I was running it on the preset.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Motocrossman24

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Liking this thing already, have never used temp control before and within 5 mins I have it temp controlling ni80. Knock on wood good vape experince so far, far exceeds my kbox200... I'm on firmware 2.4.4 so hopefully I have no issues upgrading after work tonight.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Liking this thing already, have never used temp control before and within 5 mins I have it temp controlling ni80. Knock on wood good vape experince so far, far exceeds my kbox200... I'm on firmware 2.4.4 so hopefully I have no issues upgrading after work tonight.
Earlier in the thread and also to be found in the beginners thread, are links to updaters made by raymo2u to make it easier to update on older versions of Windows.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wait until you try kanthal.

Motocrossman24

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Iv always preferred the taste of nicrome to kanthal personally so not sure I'll like it better, the only kanthal I have is kanthal core ss 316 wrapped claptons. Any reason I wouldn't be able to run them in xxx?

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Iv always preferred the taste of nicrome to kanthal personally so not sure I'll like it better, the only kanthal I have is kanthal core ss 316 wrapped claptons. Any reason I wouldn't be able to run them in xxx?
I run a pair of 26ka/34ss316L aliens in my Aromamizer Supreme. The G2 TC's them like a champ in xxx mode, FSK@3%.

Motocrossman24

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Really liking this thing, set up my avacado 22 with a single kanthal ssf clapton wrapped in ss316 have it in xxx mode on newest firmware at 2.1% at 550 degrees and it seems to be doing its job. Still not sure if I prefer tc over power mode but this is my first experience with tc so I think maybe a little more toying around to get the feel I like. It's deft nice not getting the slightest dry hit that's for sure.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
550°?? Damn, you like it hot lol. I can't handle anything over 450. I'm usually under 400 lol.

Motocrossman24

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am in xxx mode and people have said the fsk % has more to do with the temp then the temp does, ic since bumped fsk% to 2.4 and temp down to 500 getting close to the warmth I like in watt mode without the dry burn if I hold trigger too long

Motocrossman24

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Since I haven't done tc on any other mods I have a feeling it's gunna take me a while to find where I like it...n that's if I like it more then power mode. But for having this thing less then 12 hrs and only being on newest firmware for like 30 mins I'm surprised how easy I picked it up. Btw @raymo2u I'm not sure if your still keeping your version of the updated alive but I used it tonight n the newest version it had was 2.5.5, which worked for me and then I finally figured out how to use the 2.5.7 version off the update. So if you are still keeping it updated the newest version isn't on it.

Thanks to Raymond and every one else on this thread for all the info on this box. I don't think my experience would be nearly as nice as it is as quickly if I hadn't stumbled on this thread. I also probably wouldn't own one.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I do the opposite lol. I know I want it around 400, so I set the temp first, then fiddle with the fsk. I usually end up between 2.8 and 3.2.(using kanthol)

Last edited:

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I read this entire thread a few weeks ago, but now I can't remember, is the G1 version temp control?

Michael

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I read this entire thread a few weeks ago, but now I can't remember, is the G1 version temp control?

Michael
It's not the same as the g2. The g2 has xxx mode. The g1 I just use for power. The site days tc but there is no upgrade ability on the g1.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Right. I knew about the 'xxx' mode and being upgradeable but I wasn't sure about the tc. I found a site the claims to have G2s in stock but it doesn't say anything about being able to upgrade to 171 watts or xxx mode. I'm afraid they're G1 versions. You can't really tell by looking at a picture and even if you could, it doesn't mean they're showing the real mod on the site.

Michael

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Right. I knew about the 'xxx' mode and being upgradeable but I wasn't sure about the tc. I found a site the claims to have G2s in stock but it doesn't say anything about being able to upgrade to 171 watts or xxx mode. I'm afraid they're G1 versions. You can't really tell by looking at a picture and even if you could, it doesn't mean they're showing the real mod on the site.

Michael
http://www.vaporcube.com/h-wrecker-...perature-control-box-mod-limited-edition.html

Here's the g2. Out of stock, but anyway.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hard to say, might be legit, might not. The G2 has a dataport (in the battery compartment) for updating firmware. One could give'em a call.

I'll do that. I know how to identify them if I can see it in real life, but it's hard to tell from a picture on a website.

Michael

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The pic they show is of the G2, the G1 didn't come in all those colors. I have been on the lookout for a Orange LE so ordered one from there, $60 shipped is a deal and they use paypal checkout so if I have any problems I am covered.

Thanks for posting that link and I will update here when I get it.

I just hope you guys don't buy them all up before I can get one on the 3rd of the month. :)

Michael

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I couldn't pass up the red LE for 60bucks shipped. ORDERED!

I hope you get one!! And a big THANKS!! for posting the link!

Yeah, me too lol. The only reason I don't have one already is because the wife wants to waste money on crap like toilet paper and food. Besides, she's got this crazy idea that 3 iStick Basics are enough. "You don't really need another one" she says. :)

If I can't pry loose the funds for a G2, I'll definitely get a Slice for sure if VC still has them, but I really, really want an orange G2. I'm anxious to try out tc and from what I've read, one of these will be the best I can get. I guess I'm one of the few people that actually loves the look of the G2.

Michael

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, me too lol. The only reason I don't have one already is because the wife wants to waste money on crap like toilet paper and food. Besides, she's got this crazy idea that 3 iStick Basics are enough. "You don't really need another one" she says. :)

If I can't pry loose the funds for a G2, I'll definitely get a Slice for sure if VC still has them, but I really, really want an orange G2. I'm anxious to try out tc and from what I've read, one of these will be the best I can get. I guess I'm one of the few people that actually loves the look of the G2.

Michael

Food is overrated. Toilet paper, not so much.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Michael
The form factor of the slice may be better but like the dual 18650 g2. I use a couple of both at a time.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Call me :crazy: but I love the look, too. I wasn't vaping back in the day when the only choices were basically a cylinder or a rectangle, so it doesn't look dated to me, lol. I admit I was iffy on the looks before I bought my first, but once I used it, I was in love.

This will be my third G2, and I also have a Slice. The Slice is awesome for a single batt mod.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Call me :crazy: but I love the look, too. I wasn't vaping back in the day when the only choices were basically a cylinder or a rectangle, so it doesn't look dated to me, lol. I admit I was iffy on the looks before I bought my first, but once I used it, I was in love.

This will be my third G2, and I also have a Slice. The Slice is awesome for a single batt mod.
Agree, I have two slices but don't like the time it takes to charge a 26650. That's really my only gripe.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
.......or the time it takes to discharge one.

Well, I'm at home 99% of the time anyway so charging won't be that much of an issue over what I have to do now. Sometimes I have to recharge my basics a couple of times a day. I keep 2 of them going at any given time so I always have one charged, filled, and ready.

If I have to go to Drs I don't vape as much so I get all day out of one charge but at home - especially if my coil is getting old, a charge only lasts me 3-4 hours sometimes. Of course I do realize I'm pretty much comparing apples to tits here, but I'll just try to get good batteries and charger and enjoy a great vape while it lasts. :)

Michael

aquaholic2491

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can someone help me with temp control? Im currently running an avocado 24 with ss 316 at around .3 ohms with 1 coil and i cant seem to get a warm vape. 40 watts 100 watts, advanced insanity, i just just cant hit the sweet spot. Ive gone up to 600 degrees and its just tastes burnt never warm.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Can someone help me with temp control? Im currently running an avocado 24 with ss 316 at around .3 ohms with 1 coil and i cant seem to get a warm vape. 40 watts 100 watts, advanced insanity, i just just cant hit the sweet spot. Ive gone up to 600 degrees and its just tastes burnt never warm.
Set the temp you want, then set the fsk curve to 8%. Adjust the fsk up 0.5% at a time until you get a decent vape. Then bump up the temp until it's warm enough for you.

It's very important that the coil be at room temp before you try to dial it in.

This is for xxx mode. It also has a preset SS mode that works well on some SS coils.
Also, turn off Auto mode in the Advanced Insanity menu before you start. I don't know that it's really necessary, but it's the way I do it.

Last edited:

aquaholic2491

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Set the temp you want, then set the fsk curve to 8%. Adjust the fsk up 0.5% at a time until you get a decent vape. Then bump up the temp until it's warm enough for you.

It's very important that the coil be at room temp before you try to dial it in.

This is for xxx mode. It also has a preset SS mode that works well on some SS coils.
Also, turn off Auto mode in the Advanced Insanity menu before you start. I don't know that it's really necessary, but it's the way I do it.
It doesn't offer fsk in SS mode, maybe I should go back to xxx. Kinda bums me out, it's really smooth just no heat that I like.

VU Sponsors