Become a Patron!

Hohm wrecker g2

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, so totally loving my dodger blue G2. Brought it along on a trip I left for the day after it arrived, and we had some real nice bonding time. Now that I'm home, I'll have a chance to directly compare how my Boreas vapes on it versus my VT133, but I'm expecting the improvement to not be all in my head.

The one thing, though, is that for some reason I have a desire to get all matchy matchy. I blame this bit of vape spam I received recently:

SBLMNI-2.jpg

Man, an RTA with that "titanium blue" color would look so great on my G2! Does anyone know of any such RTA? Though honestly, if it doesn't perform as well as a Boreas, I probably wouldn't bother. Still haven't found any RTA I prefer over it (though there are plenty I haven't tried!).

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you need an RTA CoilART makes a nice blue one to match also;)

0000495_presale-coilart-mage-rda-black_550.jpeg
Those are RDAs!!:gaah::p

Thanks, but for whatever reason I'm not much of an RDA guy. It would look nice on my G2 though...

I think what I'll do is just pick up a blue drip tip for my Boreas at some point. :vapemail:

Last edited:

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those are RDAs!!:gaah::p

Thanks, but for whatever reason I'm not much of an RDA guy. It would look nice on my G2 though...

I think what I'll do is just pick up a blue drip tip for my Boreas at some point. :vapemail:

Yes RDA..... that's what I was thinking just typed it wrong:oops:

I know the Avocado 24 and Ijoy EXO come in blue but not the real dark blue of your mod... they would look good on it though and both are good tanks.

Last edited:

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That looks wicked! I'd love to build one. Hopefully the maker releases a detailed instruction post somewhere.
There are, he has released the design for the enclosure and the the rest of the internal structures. Says he had it made for around US$90 including the chip.
Here is the link for the drawings, etc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OpenPV/comments/60a3ai/got_the_3d_print_of_the_hohm_slice_board_holder/

Here's where he had the items 3D printed.
https://www.shapeways.com

Fuller thread on this.
https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic...tom_box_mod_hohm_slice_le_boardfsk_chip_dual/

Looks really interesting, I'm going to have to see if I can get a drilling template from the guy. Then it's just a matter of gathering components and voila!

Last edited:

rckVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So I managed to fuck both my G2s about a week apart.
Dropped them from desk height on too hard cement and broke the battery terminal plastic parts.

I emailed hohmtech got them PayPaled and it shipped out today! (I think)
I'm shocked that it all happened within a few hours of correspondence.
Just sucks both g2s are down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Swerved

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dropped them from desk height on too hard cement and broke the battery terminal plastic parts.

Yep.. Did the same thing to mine today.. lol.. the top terminal broke where it is held to the enclosure. Luckily it wasn't bad enough that I cant use it; but I emailed them and they answered me in like 5 minutes. Gonna get a few of them just in case it happens again.

rckVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yep.. Did the same thing to mine today.. lol.. the top terminal broke where it is held to the enclosure. Luckily it wasn't bad enough that I cant use it; but I emailed them and they answered me in like 5 minutes. Gonna get a few of them just in case it happens again.

Parts came last night. My solder is at work. I'll post some pics of the tear down and resolder

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

woa, I've had my only black G2 fall 4ft plus on to concrete, twice! corners are now round and see bare metal but nothing is broke, not even scratching. I always set my box on the hood of my trucks. I need to learn to set them else where lol I don't drive off with them their I just set it there while I start the truck, or pulling gas etc

DavidOH

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
There are, he has released the design for the enclosure and the the rest of the internal structures. Says he had it made for around US$90 including the chip.
Here is the link for the drawings, etc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OpenPV/comments/60a3ai/got_the_3d_print_of_the_hohm_slice_board_holder/

Here's where he had the items 3D printed.
https://www.shapeways.com

Fuller thread on this.
https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic...tom_box_mod_hohm_slice_le_boardfsk_chip_dual/

Looks really interesting, I'm going to have to see if I can get a drilling template from the guy. Then it's just a matter of gathering components and voila!

Getting the holes drilled right would be my issue. Be nice if we could get one predrilled.

Swerved

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The plastic things around the contacts. So that's all one piece. Should be a big deal to fix

They knocked it out of the park for me on customer service... I emailed them at like 9:00pm and they replied within 5 minutes and gave me the info I needed as far as the part number and how to order it. Then I got it a day earlier than expected and they sent two instead of one just incase it happens again. Well done Hohmtech!

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hohmtech thus far has been pretty much impeccable. I don't think anyone has had issues with them, now vaporcube on the other hand is a totally different can of worms.

Swerved

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hohmtech thus far has been pretty much impeccable. I don't think anyone has had issues with them, now vaporcube on the other hand is a totally different can of worms.

Honestly I think they're one in the same. I ordered straight from Hohmtech, but the envelope said it was from Vaporcube

Motocrossman24

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Been filling this for a little while and will most likely be purchasing the g2. I did notice a bit of back and forth reguarding them outsourcing the fsk chip. I looked on the specs on the g1 and it only fired to .05 I believe. Most people agree the DNA chip is the only that fires to .05 however I have a kbox200 and just pulled a dual Mohawk alien coil set out of it that were reading .06. Kangertech states the box fires to .05 but doesn't specify for both tc or power. I also believe I read that the Kbox chips are a "high end USA chip" maybe it's a detuned fsk chip? I think it also has tc kanthal ability but I couldn't tell you I use exclusively power ATM.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Been filling this for a little while and will most likely be purchasing the g2. I did notice a bit of back and forth reguarding them outsourcing the fsk chip. I looked on the specs on the g1 and it only fired to .05 I believe. Most people agree the DNA chip is the only that fires to .05 however I have a kbox200 and just pulled a dual Mohawk alien coil set out of it that were reading .06. Kangertech states the box fires to .05 but doesn't specify for both tc or power. I also believe I read that the Kbox chips are a "high end USA chip" maybe it's a detuned fsk chip? I think it also has tc kanthal ability but I couldn't tell you I use exclusively power ATM.
the G2 fires down to .007
also some other mods like the snow wolf 200 plus fire down to .05 in power mode as well IIRC

Motocrossman24

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea ik, but people were arguing about the fsk chip not being in other mods... it's possible, the original version of the wrecker fires to .05... it's possible these other companies are buying chips with much less tech in them to get them cheaper. Kbox 200 is a simple 3 button mod for less then 40$ that fires to .05 just thought I'd throw in that it's possible it's an fsk chip

Last edited:

Motocrossman24

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is this mod still as good as everyone raved about it early on? Anything else on the market in the price range worth considering? I'm looking to upgrade my Kbox and the thing that attracts me the most is the accuracy and true rms wattage claims. I do feel my Kbox isn't putting out true wattage. I found a coupon for 69.99 for the g2 but wouldn't mind spending 120-150 for something that's clearly better... any advice?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Is this mod still as good as everyone raved about it early on? Anything else on the market in the price range worth considering? I'm looking to upgrade my Kbox and the thing that attracts me the most is the accuracy and true rms wattage claims. I do feel my Kbox isn't putting out true wattage. I found a coupon for 69.99 for the g2 but wouldn't mind spending 120-150 for something that's clearly better... any advice?
G2 is still very much a top performing device indeed.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I have since added a Triade DNA250, Finder 167, SXmini G Class and a bunch of other mods.....what can I say...I am a mod whore.. lol

That said with all these fine mods from a pure performance standpoint the G2 is still one of my favorites and used everyday.

I guess if I only used rebuildable and or prebuilt tanks with TC wires then a DNA or Yihi might suit me just fine. I like the high powered tanks like the TFV8/12, Blazer, Melo 300......etc and they all use kanthal prebuilt coils. For these tanks I can dial in the performance to beat my other high end mods, that's why I love the FSK chip.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I havent touched any of my G2s or Slices since I got my finder DNA 250. My rotation has gone from 7 different FSK mods and 3 DNA 200s all with dedicated tanks, to a single finder 250 that I switch the tanks on. Best mod ever

Motocrossman24

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What has made you switch to the finder DNA mod? Any feature sets in particular or just build quality etc. personally comming from the kbox200 anything will prob be an upgrade. Don't get me wrong it's a solid device and has given me no issues but I want a well made setup that will likely last me years. Especially if the FDA shits on us soon. I also recently started playing with rdas and rtas and like the added safety of these more accurate higher end mods, especially when going below .1 ohm. While iv taken the Kbox to .06 I'd be lying if I said my butt hole didn't pucker a bit the first time I hit the fire button.

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What has made you switch to the finder DNA mod? Any feature sets in particular or just build quality etc. personally comming from the kbox200 anything will prob be an upgrade. Don't get me wrong it's a solid device and has given me no issues but I want a well made setup that will likely last me years. Especially if the FDA shits on us soon. I also recently started playing with rdas and rtas and like the added safety of these more accurate higher end mods, especially when going below .1 ohm. While iv taken the Kbox to .06 I'd be lying if I said my butt hole didn't pucker a bit the first time I hit the fire button.
I dont remove the batteries to charge my DNAs, that in itself is a huge plus, ergonomically and aesthetically the G2 sucks, you learn to deal with it because it does work well but you cant polish a turd. I use rebuildable tanks nearly all the time, occasionally I drip, so 316L aliens or fused claptons work amazingly well with an FSK mod or a DNA mod bud I get compliments on my DNAs and asked how old my G2s are. I have forgotten that my finder was in my hand, that never happened with my G2s.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dont remove the batteries to charge my DNAs, that in itself is a huge plus, ergonomically and aesthetically the G2 sucks, you learn to deal with it because it does work well but you cant polish a turd. I use rebuildable tanks nearly all the time, occasionally I drip, so 316L aliens or fused claptons work amazingly well with an FSK mod or a DNA mod bud I get compliments on my DNAs and asked how old my G2s are. I have forgotten that my finder was in my hand, that never happened with my G2s.

If you really want compliments walk in with a SXMini G Class, I swear that mod has gotten the most than any other mod I have.

I don't think anyone will argue for looks but for performance especially with Non conventional TC wire the G2 is hard to beat.

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you really want compliments walk in with a SXMini G Class, I swear that mod has gotten the most than any other mod I have.

I don't think anyone will argue for looks but for performance especially with Non conventional TC wire the G2 is hard to beat.
That was the next mod I was going to get but havent felt the need to order any new mods, the finder is perfect for me. No argument, the G2 is the best mod for TC with non conventional TC wire, but I build all my own coils and use rebuildable tanks, at that point its hard to beat SS and a lot of mods TC SS well. If I used pre built Kanthal coils and wanted to use TC the G2 would be the best performing mod on the market. If I want to build some stapled staggered fused claptons they will go on a G2 in power mode.

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like both my DNA mods and my two G2's... only complaint on the G2's is my Orange one faded really BAD! The black one looks great but the Orange was sad.... wanted it for hunting and to be able to find it in the woods.

VU Sponsors