Become a Patron!

Hohm Wrecker G2 and Slice first time users guide

Gregory.tomczak

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I just preordered the hcigar vt250. It sucks it don't ship till after dec 30th.
f5223311d88d067da79f72ab257249e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

52anddone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
With my slice with 1.5 ohm clapton coil, I have temp at 450F, 25 watts with FSK set at 5%, really good vape for me, I did have the watts at 80 by accident when 1st used, and also got a dry hit, but working well at 25 watts.

Hey Nailz, would you consider that build a warm, or hot vape ?

52anddone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I forgot to ask, did you have that in xXx mode Nailz ? I'll be getting my Slice's (2 of them) in the mail Friday from the "Cube", both in Silver and both SE's, I'm just getting everything ready for my first build, I'll be using NiCr though. I've got one build option already but wanted a second one as additional help.

Last edited:

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I forgot to ask, did you have that in xXx mode Nailz ? I'll be getting my Slice's (2 of them) in the mail Friday from the "Cube", both in Silver and both SE's, I'm just getting everything ready for my first build, I'll be using NiCr though. I've got one build option already but wanted a second one as additional help.

Yes xxx mode, kanthal clapton coil in mine.

Gregory.tomczak

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I just ordered the slice se in dodger blue. Does anyone have it? How does it look in person and what color tanks or rda do you prefer on it?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
So I just ordered the slice se in dodger blue. Does anyone have it? How does it look in person and what color tanks or rda do you prefer on it?

I have the G2 in dodger blue but not the slice. i have a red and tiffiany blue slice.
Personally I think black and SS matches everything (but i prefer black) and smok makes a blue TFV8 tank now

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The slice dodger blue is different than G2. I will take a pic a little later with both of them. The TFV8 blue is not exactly a match.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

another option is a clieto. u can buy a blue glass and blue tip and it comes with a blue rubber top cover

Gregory.tomczak

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anybody use a 18650 with the slice. I got the 26650s on the way but if I get the slice earlier then the batteries I wanted to try it out.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Anybody use a 18650 with the slice. I got the 26650s on the way but if I get the slice earlier then the batteries I wanted to try it out.

U can with a battery sleeve if u have them. But don't take it over 75 watts

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With all the talk on colors.... I got the black first then the orange and I'm really liking the orange one! I have had a bunch of people tell me how great it looks with a black tank on it and like I said in another post I bought it for hunting so if I drop it in the woods it should be easy to find.... at least better than the black:cool:

52anddone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I got my (2) Silver Hohm Slice SE's yesterday in the mail at 1000 hrs. and have been playing with them ever since, in xXx mode with NiCr in my Lemo V1. Simply Beautiful !! It was a whole lot easier than I expected to get them up and running, and with NO prior TC experience, I have always run in Power/Watts mode since I started vaping in 2014. No Problemo. BTW, the Slice is the exact same dimensions as the Presa TC 100, except that the Slice is 3mm shorter in height, Presa is 93mm and the Slice is 90mm. My New Favorites for sure !! :):confetti::hearts::stars2:

Gregory.tomczak

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Would be good to know what the board isn't designed for it means... I'll inquire in the Slice thread and not muck about here... ;)

So I talked to hohm tech about it yesterday and what I was told is there might only be one 18650 that can push over 75 watts. The problem is most 18650s don't push enough amps to do that wattage. If there was a true over 30amp 18650 you could do it. It's not the boards issue but the batteries. Kinda like everyone know these new mods that are dual 18650s don't push over 150watts continuously.

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I talked to hohm tech about it yesterday and what I was told is there might only be one 18650 that can push over 75 watts. The problem is most 18650s don't push enough amps to do that wattage. If there was a true over 30amp 18650 you could do it. It's not the boards issue but the batteries. Kinda like everyone know these new mods that are dual 18650s don't push over 150watts continuously.

On that note, there are no 26650's with a CDR of 30+ amps either.

Gregory.tomczak

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
On that note, there are no 26650's with a CDR of 30+ amps either.

I worded that wrong I apologize. I should of said they need to be at least 30amps continuously. The lg hb6 are the one set he mentioned. Again sorry bout the way I wrote it.

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I worded that wrong I apologize. I should of said they need to be at least 30amps continuously. The lg hb6 are the one set he mentioned. Again sorry bout the way I wrote it.

You do t want to use those in these mods. I have a few sets and yes, true 30 amp, but you'll be swapping out batteries every couple hours. Battery life sucks on them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

52anddone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I tried my Fev3 on my other Slice last night and at first I thought, Cool, It works, but now I'm not so sure. In Watts mode it definitely works, 1.51Ω, 4.5v, 14w, with a 9/8, 3mm, NiCr, spaced coil, wicked w/Rayon, and I have a 1.5mm airhole installed for my MTL draw, so that's OK. Onto the xXx mode, and here is where things get a little fuzzy for me. Same Fev3 and build, same Slice (#2 in this case, cause #1 has my Lemo on it), it reads 4.2v, 430°F, 1.52Ω, xXx, 12w, FSK @ 2.0%, FW=1.2.3. All Readings on a cold build. I thought I had it ya know, everything seemed normal (from what I have been able to read in the different posts and by watching Ben's videos), but I got to thinking that with such limited airflow, how is this REALLY working. I went back to the FSK and re-set it back to 00%, instead of 2.0% (all other settings the same). I let it rest so it would get nice and cold again (like 20 min.), then hit the power button and didn't let off till the Slice timed out (without taking a draw, so NO airflow), and it fired continuously the whole time. Isn't it supposed to fire then fizzle out and stop, for lack of airflow ?? I also tried the same test in NiCr mode, same settings and FSK at 00%, same results. Am I missing something, or over thinking things again ? My Lemo works Great on my other Slice, and I even tried this same test on that Slice (#1) with the Fev3 and same results. What am I missing ??

Last edited:

52anddone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I figured it out. I'm up and running. Not sure just what I did, BUT, I'm back online and vaping strong in xXx or NiCr modes and it's working beautifully.

Last edited:

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Had a good TC vape going on a .50 crown 2 coil then I changed to a .25 and now it sucks

Gregory.tomczak

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anyone had to set the fsk to 18 to get it to work right. The slice I have it set to fsk 18% in xxx mode. I can't get the kanthal mode to work with the cleito .2 ohm coils slowly adjusted it to 100% and would only work if I locked the ohms if I didn't it would fire at all. But xxx at 18% worked for it. Also watts were set to 67 and temp at 450.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Anyone had to set the fsk to 18 to get it to work right. The slice I have it set to fsk 18% in xxx mode. I can't get the kanthal mode to work with the cleito .2 ohm coils slowly adjusted it to 100% and would only work if I locked the ohms if I didn't it would fire at all. But xxx at 18% worked for it. Also watts were set to 67 and temp at 450.

Did u reset resistance

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors