Become a Patron!

Hohm Tech HOHM BASE the world's first oscillating charger review

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just to be clear the Hohm Base I am reviewing was purchased, it was not given to me or was I compensated in any way for this review. It is just a phenomenal charger and now that it is back in stock at vaporcube.com I thought I would share my experience.

I was actually talked into this charger by a good friend of mine. I had actually walked away from buying one at the ECC vape convention until he told me more about it and especially the Battery Doctor feature which got me to turn around and purchase one for myself. Wow am I glad I did, my Efest Blu6 and Xtar VC4 collect dust now unless I need to charge more than 4 batteries.

I am mainly going to talk about the Battery Doctor mode as this is what sets it apart. I am going to first going to post the specs and features directly from Hohm Tech:

SPECIFICATIONS
Input: AC 100-240V, 50-60Hz, DC 12V 2.5A
Output (± 0.01V): Li-ion 4.20V (4 x 0.5A, 4 x 1.0A, 2 x 2.0A)
LiFePO4 3.60V (4 x 0.5A, 4 x 1.0A, 2 x 2.0A)
Ni-MH 1.43V (4 x 0.5A, 4 x 1.0A)
Ni-Cd 1.43V (4 x 0.5A, 4 x 1.0A)
Li-ion / LiFePO4: 26650, 22650, 18650, 18490, 18350, 17670, 17500, 16430 (RCR123), 14500, 10440
Ni-MH / Ni-Cd: AAA, AA, C, D
Operating Temp: 0oC – 40oC / 32o – 140oF
Size (L x W x H): 160 x 116 x 52mm / 6.3 x 4.5 x 2.1in

FEATURES

• Compatible with Li-ion / LiFePO4 / Ni-MH / Ni-Cd Batteries
  • Each slot/channel is individually controlled by independent Intellichips
  • Four-stage charge/discharge algorithm (CC, CV, oscillation, micro-pulse)
  • Binomial DV algorithmic technology (pinpoint precision charging)
  • Tri-charge allows multiple charge/discharge rates: (0.5A, 1A, and 2A)
  • Up to any 2 slots can utilize maximum AMP RATE. Using all 4 slots triggers 4A distribution for efficient input-power distribution
  • BCM (Battery Chemistry Multiplier) is preset for simple & safe operation. Charge at 0.5A, discharge at 0.5A. Charge at 1A, discharge at 0.5A. Charge at 2A, discharge at 0.5A. BCSM (Batt Chem. Stress Match) is also 100% automated. It measures, monitors, and elevates any excess stress during oscillation and micro-pulse intervals to retain optimal +/- cycle.
  • LCD displays real-time status (charge %, volts, mAh, and cycle time)
  • mAh Detector: achieves current-state mAh capacity by using proprietary features of oscillation and micro-pulsing (charge/ discharge). Using this operation achieves real mAh at safe cut-off levels for battery cells
  • Battery Doctor: uses amplified oscillation and micro-pulsing current to bring batteries to their utmost AMP & capacity potential
  • Two-Tier Battery Bridge System. *Smaller batteries have dedicated groove inside each slot for secure placement
  • 0V Auto-Activation feature automatically handles any 0V situation. Put battery in, Hohm BASE will handle the rest
  • Overcharge & Overtime Prevention: Automatic safety feature cuts power to battery if the cell were to reach any of the preset volt values, binomial DV algorithm values, or time limitation values
  • Buzzer alarm to alert of any irregularity or battery error occurrence
  • AUTO maintenance charge if battery voltage drops .02V. *Leave battery in charger for a day or a decade...they will be ready when you are
  • 166o STN screen displays each batteries’ real-time status, properties, and condition from nearly any angle. *STN enhanced LCD display
Here is page 7 from the owners manual that explains the Battery Doctor mode:

nO1yT1S.jpg

Basically what you will get in the box is the charger, big wall wart to power it, warranty card and owners manual.

hohmtech_cap355_10.jpg

Now onto the Battery Doctor mode and how it has refreshed my batteries
I like all most of us have older 18650 and in my case 26650 batteries as well, the older they get the less run time they seem to give. The first battery I put into my Hohm Base and applies the Battery Doctor settings was an older Brillpower that I had just taken out of my Vapor Flask Stout which was my out and about mod. I was generally getting about a day's use out it, most days I would charge in the car as well since it just wasn't holding a charge like it use to.

This is the result after 11 hours on the Hohm base using the Battery Doctor setting:

GoLXruA.jpg

As you can see the Battery Doctor was able to get 4533 Mah into a battery labeled 4500. I thought that was odd but on consecutive 26650 batteries they were either close to the printed specs or slightly over. 18650's were generally a little under there specs, I will show more on that in a little bit.

The next day I took that same Brillpower with me back in my Stout with the same tank and battery life was noticeably better, I actually went 2 days with that same battery. That is when I knew I had something special and proceeded to use the Battery Doctor on all my batteries.

Here are the results from different batteries, all purchased from either Liion, Illumn or IMR which are the vendors known for selling legit batteries:

LG HG2 married pair:

Battery 1

mUlJWvR.jpg

Battery 2

qeuJW1W.jpg

Sony VTC5 married for triple battery mods:

Battery 1

RLp1Sts.jpg

Battery 2

OuYeMF9.jpg

Battery 3

Jwx0Ahz.jpg

Samsung 30Q married triplets:

Only one pic as they were all so close and I was in a hurry...haha

rUr5Gtd.jpg

Ijoy married pair that came with my iJoy LUX mod:

Battery 1

2q40R1c.jpg

Battery 2

Auu0kRo.jpg

Now this one was a little odd considering there labeled 4200 mah but clocked in at over 4500 and the other 4700 mah, one battery got 178 more mah. The only thing I can assume is the LUX is not draining them evenly but in the scheme of things is doesn't worry me too much. You can also see that the one with 4701 mah also charged for an additional 15 minutes over the other. I can say without a doubt that I hardly ever have to recharge the batteries on my LUX so 4500mah definitely seems more appropriate. I have since puchased another iJoy 26650 from Liion Wholesale and it lasts longer than my other 4500 mah 26650 batteries.

Single Basen 26650:

ZmDpvmQ.jpg

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What are the stickers for on the batteries in some of the pics?
I was told when I first started vaping to put a date on your batteries so you know which are fresh and holding a better charge. This was in my mech days and as you know batteries as they age tend to get a little weaker over time. The stickers you see on some of the batteries in my pics are actually new that I just put on when I ran the Battery Doctor on them, that is why they say BD followed by the date. Hohm tech recommends running the Battery Doctor mode at least once a year to keep your batteries in peak condition. I tend to do that or at least when I feel the batteries are not performing up to par.

Will the batteries be like new after Battery Doctor is run?
Of course the newer the battery, the better the results. I had a pair of new Samsung 30Q that I ran the Battery Doctor mode fresh out of the box on and they were the only 3000mah 18650 batteries that reached 3000mah. You can see from my pics of my older 3000mah 18650's that some reached 2849 and 2900mah, still not bad at all and I am confident with there age that they were not retaining that mah prior to running the Battery Doctor.

How about the Mah Detector Mode?

In the manual it states it can take 1 to 24 hours to run the Mah Detector, I tried it once and damn, it took 16 hours...screw that. I discharges then recharges and then does it again, the Battery Doctor only does that once, not twice. I guess it is more accurate to detect the true mah but Battery Doctor is close enough for me and less time.

Tips I have learned along the way
I got so excited with the results I got with the first 26650 that I got a pair of charged 18650's that were one of my older pair and put them on to run the Battery Doctor mode. Big mistake because it had to discharge from 4.2 volts down to 2.78 then back up to 4.2. The next time I did it I just used the batteries like I normally do and when they were depleted on my regulated mod to about 3.4 volts I then put them on for a Battery Doctor's visit and as you can imagine it took a lot less time.

Don't get me wrong, it still takes awhile to run the Battery Doctor mode depending on the mah of your battery. If run down to a safe level prior to using the Battery Doctor mode it is probably about 12 hours for a 26650 and 6 to 8 hours for a 18650. But you only do it once or twice a year, the rest of the time just charge it normally like every other charger.

Cons
Compared to my Xtar VC4 and Efest Blu6 18650's can be a little bit of a pain to remove. If you look at the pics the positive side doesn't have a bevel so you can reach your finger in to push it back to remove. You have to grab the battery by the side and push back, good luck if you have any juice on your fingers. Don't have that problem with 26650's as they are taller so you can grab the top and push back.
The new iJoy 20700 batteries fit but you have to position the positive side up to reaches that top nub, it is a pain in the ass to get it right, I just charge those now on my Efest Blu6, much easier. I did run the Battery Doctor on my new iJoy 20700 batteries and yep, the 3000 mah batteries.

Just get one, you want one and you need one!
There in stock again here for $60, none of these are affiliate links for me: http://www.vaporcube.com/h-base-hohm-base-4-slot-digital-battery-charger-w-lcd-display-screen.html

IMR had them for $45 but they have been sold out for awhile: https://www.imrbatteries.com/hohm-base-4-channel-digital-battery-charger/

VaporDNA is sold out too: http://www.vapordna.com/Hohm-Tech-Hohm-Base-Smart-Charger-p/hohmbs.htm

Keep checking those links though, once they get back into stock they sell out pretty quick.

All in all I am so glad my friend kept talking about it as we were leaving the ECC Convention, it really is the best thing I have done for my investment of batteries.

Update: I contacted Hohmtech to ask if they were going to be restocking the other retailers and they said they should all be restocked in the next 4 to 5 days so basically the end of June. The biggest retailers being VaporDNA and IMRbatteries I linked to above. I was told there is going to be about 100 retailers carrying the Hohm Base, wow, I guess it really has become super popular.

There is also a update they did to the new version, once I get details I will post them here.

Update #2: Here is what Hohmtech had to say about the updated version now shipping:

Update opens the oscillation pattern to a wider bandwidth and has a bit more monitoring on the micro-pulse speed/frequency/ and amount of amperage of those micro-pulse sessions.

Retail is a bit more now ($69.99 Vs $59.99). Old vs new, very close in results, but the further push of this tech does have a slight advantage of reaching the goal of restoring cells to their younger days so to speak.

Last edited:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Awesome MJag a few of my battery aren't lasting as long as they used to may well have to look into this charger mate thanks for the very thorough review

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awesome MJag a few of my battery aren't lasting as long as they used to may well have to look into this charger mate thanks for the very thorough review
Glad to pass on a little info to help out.

I am glad they are available again, been a few months. I even saw one ebay listing and the guy was asking $147 or something like that for it because of the shortage.

If I run accross any great 4th of July deals I will make sure and post it here and tag you @KingPin!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Glad to pass on a little info to help out.

I am glad they are available again, been a few months. I even saw one ebay listing and the guy was asking $147 or something like that for it because of the shortage.

If I run accross any great 4th of July deals I will make sure and post it here and tag you @KingPin!

Cheers matey :)

Wheelin247

Member For 3 Years
There was a charger I was looking at a while back (I can't remember the name) similar to this. I was interested in the "refresh" mode which is like the battery doctor mode on this charger. That was gonna be a selling point for me so I reached out to Mooch and he said it was a waste of money and that the only reason you would need to use that mode is if I had batteries that hadn't been charged in a long time (which I have a few sets of married quad cells in rotation). After that I decided it was a waste of money. Don't get me wrong, the charger seems to be a great charger and I love the idea of refreshing the cells back to a "new" state if needed and that's why I reached out to Mooch to see if it was an option that was needed and the charger I was looking at had all the same features and was $5 cheaper.

Thanks for taking the time to review thigh charger and I bet a lot of people are thankful that you did this to inform other vapers of the options in battery charger technology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a charger I was looking at a while back (I can't remember the name) similar to this. I was interested in the "refresh" mode which is like the battery doctor mode on this charger. That was gonna be a selling point for me so I reached out to Mooch and he said it was a waste of money and that the only reason you would need to use that mode is if I had batteries that hadn't been charged in a long time (which I have a few sets of married quad cells in rotation). After that I decided it was a waste of money. Don't get me wrong, the charger seems to be a great charger and I love the idea of refreshing the cells back to a "new" state if needed and that's why I reached out to Mooch to see if it was an option that was needed and the charger I was looking at had all the same features and was $5 cheaper.

Thanks for taking the time to review thigh charger and I bet a lot of people are thankful that you did this to inform other vapers of the options in battery charger technology.

New here to VU, mostly participate in reddit forums, but was just reading a discussion about chargers and VU was referenced. Well, here I am, and this charger has definitely caught my attention. After reading your comment though, which may or may not be welcome what I have to share, I just had to chime in and share my thought about you considering or being open to the idea of referencing an approved and recognized foundation or group, not one individual. Mooch is great, he is recognized by our small, inexperienced, un-knowledgeable vaping world, but he is certainly not the end all. He tests batteries, but uses HAV methods which is a retired method used in the 50's through early 80's. I'm not bashing at all, just sharing the fact that he uses methods that his equipment is capable of (standard old school HAV). He makes it sound like a certain product is or isn't bad, good, great. I believe that's what the old testing method is called, it's been years, HAV testing is retired and never used as a method to test batteries today (not even similar battery types today that date back to the types found in the 50-80's are tested with the HAV methods any longer). HAV is Heat, Amp, Voltage. The batteries of today have only 1 thing in common with batteries from back in 50-80's, which is they power something. Other than that, anyone that has and uses the old school understanding and testing practices, isn't a source which I or most anyone with a true understanding of the new requirements of testing by UN standards would reference. His tests sure sound cool. If he says 'waste of money', I for one would not take that as an opinion which sets the path I take. So, on the topic of chargers, the batteries we use in vaping (Liion) does have evidence of reactions that are not related at all to the old school batteries. They do die, and can be revitalized. Recycled Liion cells have been proven to be reconditioned that did not require dissection or internal guts replacement. I am sure I'll be grumbled at, be berated, as so much faith is put in one man that anyone that dare share or shine light on a dark area may be crucified. With all said, I can only share my 2 cents that reference back to when we were playing with Mn in college and applying charges using soap water as our ground source in late 80's. Yes, I do have education in the field, but am well out of practice and it's evolved even further today. Anyways, good luck in your hunt for charger that works for you. I started rambling. mjag, great overview.

Last edited:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the insightful posts @Wheelin247 and @brancho

I have a lot of respect for @Mooch and for keeping us safe with battery recommendations. I think he is an invaluable resource to the vaping community. I am really not sure what he would think about this charger or if he has ever tried one, I am just going off my own experience and what it has done for my older batteries.

Even if a Liion battery is used everyday it will still lose it's longevity over time, just look at cell phone batteries, do you get the same run time a year or 2 later as you did when you first got it?

At $45 over at IMR it is not crazy expensive, I can see if you only have a couple of 18650 batteries then it not being worth it. I probably have 50 to 60 batteries, just bought 10 VTC5A's from Illumn early this week. For me the investment in this charger was cheap considering how much I have invested in batteries. Now my older batteries are giving me runtime similar to my new ones after the Battery Doctor has been run.

I have a lot of respect for @Mooch and for keeping us safe with battery recommendations. I think he is an invaluable resource to the vaping community. I am really not sure what he would think about this charger or if he has ever tried one, I am just going off my own experience and what it has done for my older batteries.

Even if a Liion battery is used everyday it will still lose it's longevity over time, just look at cell phone batteries, do you get the same run time a year or 2 later as you did when you first got it?

At $45 over at IMR it is not crazy expensive, I can see if you only have a couple of 18650 batteries then it not being worth it. I probably have 50 to 60 batteries, just bought 10 VTC5A's from Illumn early this week. For me the investment in this charger was cheap considering how much I have invested in batteries. Now my older batteries are giving me runtime similar to my new ones after the Battery Doctor has been run.

100% agree. I have enjoyed his reviews for some time, but see far too many holes that all come down to the same thing (testing with HAV methods which are not adequate for testing true capabilities, purposes, or identify levels beyond how the cell performs on relic testing equipment). There is no way around it these facts, but he definitely works with what he has to work with. But for the charger, this review is all i needed to confirm my purchase, just purchased from link above. Thank you @mjag

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great review mjag
Loads of great info.
I waited for quite a long time to get my hands on one and now that I have it, I wish I would have ordered two.
Since they'll be lower cost from IMR or vapordna I'll wait until they get stock for my next one.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great review mjag
Loads of great info.
I waited for quite a long time to get my hands on one and now that I have it, I wish I would have ordered two.
Since they'll be lower cost from IMR or vapordna I'll wait until they get stock for my next one.
I am really glad you like it bud.

I really value your opinion so it just helps confirm I am not crazy for liking it as much as I do....haha

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am really glad you like it bud.

I really value your opinion so it just helps confirm I am not crazy for liking it as much as I do....haha
I'm not qualified to say you aren't crazy but liking this charger IS a good choice.
lol

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great review, @mjag . I remember when I first found out about this charger thinking it was gonna be special. HT looks like they have a winner with this.
Thanks bud!

With how fast it sold out on the first run I think your right, there selling them faster than they can make em.

Wheelin247

Member For 3 Years
New here to VU, mostly participate in reddit forums, but was just reading a discussion about chargers and VU was referenced. Well, here I am, and this charger has definitely caught my attention. After reading your comment though, which may or may not be welcome what I have to share, I just had to chime in and share my thought about you considering or being open to the idea of referencing an approved and recognized foundation or group, not one individual. Mooch is great, he is recognized by our small, inexperienced, un-knowledgeable vaping world, but he is certainly not the end all. He tests batteries, but uses HAV methods which is a retired method used in the 50's through early 80's. I'm not bashing at all, just sharing the fact that he uses methods that his equipment is capable of (standard old school HAV). He makes it sound like a certain product is or isn't bad, good, great. I believe that's what the old testing method is called, it's been years, HAV testing is retired and never used as a method to test batteries today (not even similar battery types today that date back to the types found in the 50-80's are tested with the HAV methods any longer). HAV is Heat, Amp, Voltage. The batteries of today have only 1 thing in common with batteries from back in 50-80's, which is they power something. Other than that, anyone that has and uses the old school understanding and testing practices, isn't a source which I or most anyone with a true understanding of the new requirements of testing by UN standards would reference. His tests sure sound cool. If he says 'waste of money', I for one would not take that as an opinion which sets the path I take. So, on the topic of chargers, the batteries we use in vaping (Liion) does have evidence of reactions that are not related at all to the old school batteries. They do die, and can be revitalized. Recycled Liion cells have been proven to be reconditioned that did not require dissection or internal guts replacement. I am sure I'll be grumbled at, be berated, as so much faith is put in one man that anyone that dare share or shine light on a dark area may be crucified. With all said, I can only share my 2 cents that reference back to when we were playing with Mn in college and applying charges using soap water as our ground source in late 80's. Yes, I do have education in the field, but am well out of practice and it's evolved even further today. Anyways, good luck in your hunt for charger that works for you. I started rambling. mjag, great overview.

I myself am new to the VU forum. I'm usually on the ECF forum and figured I'd check this one out and say this thread.

I understand that. I have numerous 18650's myself and thought about getting the charger I was talking with Mooch about but I decided to go the lipo battery route and figured that charger would be purchased and used for a few months then start collecting dust when using a custom lipo mod. With everything that has to do with vaping, every person has their opinion and I don't belittle you putting your opinion out there. I can agree with what your saying about Mooch's testing but he is the only one testing for what we are using the batteries for so he is the one we all look to for info on which battery will work best for each of our vaping needs.

Thanks for putting your .2¢ in on the discussion. It's just more info that some people reading this thread can read and use to make their own opinion on the matter.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I myself am new to the VU forum. I'm usually on the ECF forum and figured I'd check this one out and say this thread.

I understand that. I have numerous 18650's myself and thought about getting the charger I was talking with Mooch about but I decided to go the lipo battery route and figured that charger would be purchased and used for a few months then start collecting dust when using a custom lipo mod. With everything that has to do with vaping, every person has their opinion and I don't belittle you putting your opinion out there. I can agree with what your saying about Mooch's testing but he is the only one testing for what we are using the batteries for so he is the one we all look to for info on which battery will work best for each of our vaping needs.

Thanks for putting your .2¢ in on the discussion. It's just more info that some people reading this thread can read and use to make their own opinion on the matter.

I wish I would have asked mooch before I spent money on the opus bt-c3100 since I already had a good 4 bay charger that wasn't being used as my efest 6 bay is what I use primarily. I 'refreshed' all 40+ batteries I have in rotation with the opus and haven't noticed any longer run time in terms of how many ml/tanks I can vape before I have to recharge my cells. I believe what @Mooch said that the li-ion we use have no memory and refreshing them is a waste of cycles. The refresh could surely be useful for nimh or other cells but from what I have seen it is of no use for our batteries.

Wheelin247

Member For 3 Years

I have looked for batteries on those sites along with liion wholesale and I've found that liion wholesale has the cheapest prices on the same batteries between the 3 sites. Plus they are on the east coast (in Pennsylvania and I'm in Florida) so they get to me within a couple days.

Like I said in the previous comment in this thread, one good thing about vaping is that everyone has a different feeling on a lot of things and everything about vaping is subjective and we all can read and try different juices, mods, attys and come up with our own conclusion on what we think is good for each of us and our vaping needs. If I was going to keep with using 18650's and needed a new charger I may think a little harder on getting one of the chargers like the one we are talking about but I decided to jump into the lipo mod game mainly because I vape high wattage and it kills 18650's off per charge pretty quick and I get tired of charging cells and carrying extra cells with me all the time when I can vape on a 4s lipo for close to 2 days on a single charge so I'm planning on getting a couple lipos so I always have a battery on a full charge on the ready.

Wheelin247

Member For 3 Years
I wish I would have asked mooch before I spent money on the opus bt-c3100 since I already had a good 4 bay charger that wasn't being used as my efest 6 bay is what I use primarily. I 'refreshed' all 40+ batteries I have in rotation with the opus and haven't noticed any longer run time in terms of how many ml/tanks I can vape before I have to recharge my cells. I believe what @Mooch said that the li-ion we use have no memory and refreshing them is a waste of cycles. The refresh could surely be useful for nimh or other cells but from what I have seen it is of no use for our batteries.

That's the charger I was looking at and what I asked Mooch about.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I know li-ion doesn't have a memory like nimh but then how can you explain li-ion cell phone batteries and losing talk time over time?

I just ordered 2 new batteries for my Note 4 as the current ones I have are not lasting a full day anymore. Brand new they were lasting sometimes 2 days before charging.

Not keeping a full charge is definitely a problem for li-ion batteries over time.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know li-ion doesn't have a memory like nimh but then how can you explain li-ion cell phone batteries and losing talk time over time?

all batteries lose capacity over time. do they make cell phone battery refreshers or do you just replace the battery/phone after x number of cycles?

From what I am reading in the depths of lithium studies, what this charger is doing is not refreshing them in the traditional method of discharge/charge. It is using a varying power structure of oscillation with pulses. It is bit new topic of study supposedly being implemented by tesla model x as of 2/2017. They call it banding cycle, but from the details, sounds absolutely the same. They are removing constant power and applying various amperage that average out to the predetermined/set/desired rate, and the charger/charging system applies pulses at varying times of varying voltage, given conditions are met. The pulses are supposedly so quick 1/1600th of second, I'm not sure if any equipment will be able to measure it accurately, but whatever. Pretty cool stuff. I just got shipping confirmation from vaperbox. vaporcube, thats the name, knew that sounded off when i said box lol.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From what I am reading in the depths of lithium studies, what this charger is doing is not refreshing them in the traditional method of discharge/charge. It is using a varying power structure of oscillation with pulses. It is bit new topic of study supposedly being implemented by tesla model x as of 2/2017. They call it banding cycle, but from the details, sounds absolutely the same. They are removing constant power and applying various amperage that average out to the predetermined/set/desired rate, and the charger/charging system applies pulses at varying times of varying voltage, given conditions are met. The pulses are supposedly so quick 1/1600th of second, I'm not sure if any equipment will be able to measure it accurately, but whatever. Pretty cool stuff. I just got shipping confirmation from vaperbox. vaporcube, thats the name, knew that sounded off when i said box lol.
Wow, excellent post

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
here is my question for an expert who actually knows battery chemistry etc. Dont just guess or assume, because I am hoping we all get a bit educated here
I have seen this charger and others that FIX a battery in one way or another. Reviving "Dead" batteries etc

Can this fixing affect the battery in a negative way? For example could the battery heat up quicker now, vent easier, Basically does this increase the inherent risks in using these cells?

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
here is my question for an expert who actually knows battery chemistry etc. Dont just guess or assume, because I am hoping we all get a bit educated here
I have seen this charger and others that FIX a battery in one way or another. Reviving "Dead" batteries etc

Can this fixing affect the battery in a negative way? For example could the battery heat up quicker now, vent easier, Basically does this increase the inherent risks in using these cells?
I would like to hear about that as well.

Personally I would just send a battery that has dropped below a safe votage to a recycling bin.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There back in stock not at vapordna and https://www.imrbatteries.com/hohm-base-4-channel-digital-battery-charger/

$50 at IMR but when looking at it if you buy 2 it drops to $35 each, called my friend who originally convinced me to get my first and he was all in to get a 2nd so placed my order. Came out to about $41 each after shipping priority mail.

Wasn't planning on getting a 2nd but for that price and how quickly they go out of stock I jumped at it pretty quick.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I did some of my batteries on the new Hohmbase I just got. These batteries had the battery doctor done 6 months ago when I got my first Hohmbase.

LG HG2 about 2 years old now.

The third photo is of my single Sony VTC4 from my mech days. About 4+ years old and the first battery doctor treatment did a decent job at about 1800+ mah but looks like this battery is ready for the recycling bin. This Sony has not seen much use in the past few years, only have a couple single battery mods and they don't get a lot of use.

fb3dd290fea48fd09f33878735c85bf6.jpg
c0209b749efeb8b05c30571bf6e54ac2.jpg
f2df7e428d1c655d34289e6c305b8f6d.jpg

VU Sponsors