Become a Patron!

Hohm Grown 26650 possibly changed

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I believe hohm tech may have changed the cell they are putting under the wrap. I'm hoping to get some opinions on this.

6 months ago I bought 2 of them from a vape shop and they look identical to ones I have seen in pics. Then 2 months later I bought a couple more from eBay (before I knew to stay away from eBay for vape gear). The cells that I got later look different on the top than the earlier ones.

In the first pic I show the first ones I got.
The second pic is from the newer ones.
The third pic is of both hohm grown cells next to an ijoy 26650

The 2 hohm grown cells are obviously different cells. Not only is the insulator ring different, but the shape of the top and the way the legs are bent are all distinctly different between the 2 cells. Yet the more recently purchased cell looks very similar to the ijoy cell.

It could very well be that the more recently purchased cells are counterfeits, but their performance makes me think otherwise. The newer ones seem to outperform the older ones by quite a lot, but that's just my perception from daily use.

I searched around a little to see if I could find any info on this but had no luck. Maybe these cells should be re-tested if Mooch feels up to it. If these aren't counterfeit than the cell under the wrapper must have been changed, right? Has anyone else purchased these recently and noticed the newer looking positive end?

I know that Mooch said that there are actually only a few different 26650s on the market just being wrapped by different companies. Did hohm tech start using the same cell that ijoy uses? If so this would be a great thing.
e1c943414073b15eab04805be64df5fe.jpg
eed12d9deb3eae1734b915d99afeab5c.jpg
65a1110f0c5b5d8f3d249994a866b6ae.jpg

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

Mooch

Member For 4 Years
I don’t know if the new cells are the same as used by iJoy but I can add the HohmTech 26650 to the testing queue for retest. Have you contacted HohmTech or otherwise confirmed that these new ones are genuine?

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just checked the scratch off on the newer style and they are authentic. I will contact Hohm Tech and try to find something out.

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I still haven't hear back from Hohm Tech.

I tested the internal resistance of the different cells with my Xtrar Dragon. I tested 2 of the older hohm grown cells (the one in the first picture) and the internal resistance was 13-15mh

I tested the two newer Hohm Grown cells (in the second picture of OP) and the internal resistance was 7mh for both.

The results for the 4 Ijoy cells I tested were the same as the newer Hohm Grown cells 7-8mh for all 4.

VU Sponsors