Become a Patron!

HOGv3

stmtpr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Weird. It's authentic and I'm using the obese Buddha RDA. I don't know where it's coming from.. the 510 or where the top sits into the frame.

the only 2 RDA's I've used have side air flow and my mistake was flooding the deck which leaked out onto the top of the HOG. But the juice never made it inside the 510 connection.

Machine3981

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just secured a hogv3. I have many questions. The most important being what's the safest battery to run if your building low. I've never had a mech before. I'm familiar with ohms law and can calculate. I juse want to be as safe as possible.

stmtpr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just secured a hogv3. I have many questions. The most important being what's the safest battery to run if your building low. I've never had a mech before. I'm familiar with ohms law and can calculate. I juse want to be as safe as possible.

LG HB6 are rated at 30A. Please be careful if this is your first mech.

Machine3981

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
LG HB6 are rated at 30A. Please be careful if this is your first mech.
Those are what I was looking at getting after doing much research. I have vape tool and a ohm reader for the build. Also have a nice volt meter. I'm not trying to be on the news. From what I've read looks like I can go to .3 with the lghb6 and be safe.

Machine3981

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
But you'll also be at 235w. That's a shit ton of heat.
That's what I'm hearing. I'm looking forward to the series deck for the voltrove to help with that. I'm going to watch some vids on builds tomorrow that are supposed to run cooler. I've seen what the gx350 can do at 350w, just starts a fire. Good to know if I'm ever stranded.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh the HOG V3 and Voltrove, how I love thee!

12da00703156fc51c37f103db05887b5.jpg

Also absolutely wonderful with the Modfather RDA.

cf88c555ed9d5319ccbd4d67021f907d.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Machine3981

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I recommend 4mm di fused Clapton around 0.5-0.6 ohms

I've have a daedalus in route from China so can make those. I tried yesterday with a drill but the 40g wire is just to hard to deal with by hand. So I'm figuring just some 28g kanthol at 5mm. Unless some one can direct me on the best plain build. Advise is appreciated.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've have a daedalus in route from China so can make those. I tried yesterday with a drill but the 40g wire is just to hard to deal with by hand. So I'm figuring just some 28g kanthol at 5mm. Unless some one can direct me on the best plain build. Advise is appreciated.
Then I'd say do a twisted build

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hey guys, so this site is having a contest here. never heard of them so figured i'd browse and see what they have. looks like some good prices for mech clones. I think a few of these are favs of @r055co
Sith V2 28.50 http://www.2fdeal.com/sith-v2-style-parallel-quad-18650-mechanical-mod-black_p1027.html
(black, red and blue avilable)

HOG V3 29.90 http://www.2fdeal.com/hammer-of-god-v3-style-parallel-series-mechanical-mod-black_p1049.html (silver and black available)

also found this one
Elite series dual 22.90 http://www.2fdeal.com/elite-series-dual-18650-mechanical-box-mod-black_p1171.html

Was thinking about maybe giving one a go but can't really decide between the sith and hog.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys, so this site is having a contest here. never heard of them so figured i'd browse and see what they have. looks like some good prices for mech clones. I think a few of these are favs of @r055co
Sith V2 28.50 http://www.2fdeal.com/sith-v2-style-parallel-quad-18650-mechanical-mod-black_p1027.html
(black, red and blue avilable)

HOG V3 29.90 http://www.2fdeal.com/hammer-of-god-v3-style-parallel-series-mechanical-mod-black_p1049.html (silver and black available)

also found this one
Elite series dual 22.90 http://www.2fdeal.com/elite-series-dual-18650-mechanical-box-mod-black_p1171.html

Was thinking about maybe giving one a go but can't really decide between the sith and hog.
I've got the authentic and this clone of the Sith, the Clone doesn't come close to the quality and performance of the Authentic. The Clone isn't a bad Mod but be aware that the Authentic kicks it's ass. The battery life is awesome with it due to having 4 batteries in parallel.

The HOG V3 Clone I've been very happy with

The Elite, the Authentic is a kick ass series Mod from what I've seen. I've actually just ordered this Clone from 3FVape, I'm curious about it. I may get the authentic, but the authentic is $260 so I'm holding off. Silver Wolf Customs are coming out with a para series Mod in the Sith V2 form factor so I'm saving my funds for when that is released.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I've got the authentic and this clone of the Sith, the Clone doesn't come close to the quality and performance of the Authentic. The Clone isn't a bad Mod but be aware that the Authentic kicks it's ass. The battery life is awesome with it due to having 4 batteries in parallel.

The HOG V3 Clone I've been very happy with

The Elite, the Authentic is a kick ass series Mod from what I've seen. I've actually just ordered this Clone from 3FVape, I'm curious about it. I may get the authentic, but the authentic is $260 so I'm holding off. Silver Wolf Customs are coming out with a para series Mod in the Sith V2 form factor so I'm saving my funds for when that is released.
I was thinking about grabbing either the Hog or the sith. the sith looks a lot nicer, i don't really need the power from the hog and prefer to build lower so the sith seems more my style. question is, is it worth the 30 bucks. i wouldn't expect it to be as good as the authentic, but i'd be happy if it's decent enough to be worth the 30 bucks. I already have dual parallel mechs and dual series mechs but no 4 battery mechs and I've seen the HoGv3 here being pretty hit or miss

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was thinking about grabbing either the Hog or the sith. the sith looks a lot nicer, i don't really need the power from the hog and prefer to build lower so the sith seems more my style. question is, is it worth the 30 bucks. i wouldn't expect it to be as good as the authentic, but i'd be happy if it's decent enough to be worth the 30 bucks. I already have dual parallel mechs and dual series mechs but no 4 battery mechs and I've seen the HoGv3 here being pretty hit or miss
Worth $30, I say yes. The Clone at least the one I have isn't bad at all. As I mentioned nowhere close to the Authentic but it's not bad at all. It is good enough for me to keep and put it in my Stash.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Worth $30, I say yes. The Clone at least the one I have isn't bad at all. As I mentioned nowhere close to the Authentic but it's not bad at all. It is good enough for me to keep and put it in my Stash.

I'm thinking of grabbing that and the daedules jig. that i can never freaking spell right. why didn't they name it something better LMAO

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm thinking of grabbing that and the daedules jig. that i can never freaking spell right. why didn't they name it something better LMAO
Yeah with the Sith you could build really stupid low like 0.08 with a set of 20a batteries and still not even come close to the max CDR.

So with my builds around 0.17 the batteries aren't even breaking a sweat thus excellent battery life and performance.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yeah with the Sith you could build really stupid low like 0.08 with a set of 20a batteries and still not even come close to the max CDR.

So with my builds around 0.17 the batteries aren't even breaking a sweat thus excellent battery life and performance.

most of mine are between .1-.2 so that would be perfect. thats why i was leaning for it over the HOG where i would need to build around .5-.6 to get a vape i like. i have a few parallel dual mechs/unregulated and i usually build around .15 for them

Gheed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not a hog v3 but my 30mm prophet/VCMR combo. Triple 22n80 11w 4mm.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 25

VapeS1000r

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Since getting my hammer of god v3, I haven't had luck finding a build that works.

Either my ramp up time is good, but the ohms are dangerously low & vape too hot.

Or the opposite, vape temp is good, ohms good (approx .6) but ramp up time is too long.
In the above case, I had 15 wraps of dual Clapton that took ages to ramp up - despite 8.4 volts coming from 4 batteries.

I finally found a great build:
Wraps: sweet spot
Ohms: sweet spot
Ramp up: perfect
Coil type: delicious fused Clapton

30 ga Ka - 2 cores
40 ga Ni80
3mm id
8 wraps
Approx .68 ohms

Perfect imo
Batteries last ages
Instant ramp up
Fused Clapton for flavor & clouds
Vape comes to approx 90 to 110 watts

Woodchucker

Member For 4 Years
As of right now vaperz cloud has 6 all copper HOGv3's left and some brass also.... I'm pretty bummed that I don't have the coin to get one, not gonna lie. A all copper hog would be a pretty saweeeet mod to have. Hopefully they release more in the future cuz I won't be missing that boat!

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ok i like the clone and im considering an authentic. the button on the clone has been a little sketchy and im not sure if i would be happy to go full price on the authentic if its got the same issues. anyone have the clone and authentic and feel like posting a comparison? anyone had any issues at all with the switch (or anything else for that matter) in the authentic?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
ok i like the clone and im considering an authentic. the button on the clone has been a little sketchy and im not sure if i would be happy to go full price on the authentic if its got the same issues. anyone have the clone and authentic and feel like posting a comparison? anyone had any issues at all with the switch (or anything else for that matter) in the authentic?
Authentic works flawlessly.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'll just leave this here... I love this thing! I had to send it in after 2 days because the 510 pin had an issue from the factory, but I got it straight from Vaperz Cloud, and they have great customer service. Anyway, the 510 is all good and repaired now, and I got her back today! I have a Temple that looks real good on it, I need to re build it. For now I have the 2 post 25mm Roughneck V2 using the adapter. It's a fitting atty... I'm thinking that I'm gonna have to open a purple CSMNT... Just seems right...

This thing rips. I honestly feel like my Rig Pig rips at least as hard, but it's too close. Stupid to even compare. Huge props to Vaperz Cloud customer service. I'm looking to bring some of their stuff in soon, but I ordered from their site as a consumer on the 4th of July sale for this, and they were great regarding fixing the mod. Just really nice and attentive. I like to put that out there when it happens. They deserve the credit. I have no affiliation at all, and I would recommend ordering straight from them for sure...

Here she is in all her glory! That Circus Cooler is really good, too.

IMG_E9B3DB753D14-1.jpeg

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'll just leave this here... I love this thing! I had to send it in after 2 days because the 510 pin had an issue from the factory, but I got it straight from Vaperz Cloud, and they have great customer service. Anyway, the 510 is all good and repaired now, and I got her back today! I have a Temple that looks real good on it, I need to re build it. For now I have the 2 post 25mm Roughneck V2 using the adapter. It's a fitting atty... I'm thinking that I'm gonna have to open a purple CSMNT... Just seems right...

This thing rips. I honestly feel like my Rig Pig rips at least as hard, but it's too close. Stupid to even compare. Huge props to Vaperz Cloud customer service. I'm looking to bring some of their stuff in soon, but I ordered from their site as a consumer on the 4th of July sale for this, and they were great regarding fixing the mod. Just really nice and attentive. I like to put that out there when it happens. They deserve the credit. I have no affiliation at all, and I would recommend ordering straight from them for sure...

Here she is in all her glory! That Circus Cooler is really good, too.

IMG_E9B3DB753D14-1.jpeg
Congrats man! glad you finally got it. been sending good USPS vibes your way lol

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Congrats man! glad you finally got it. been sending good USPS vibes your way lol
LOL. Thanks man! They were the reason it took a week. Two of my shipments that day didn't ever go past acceptance, the customer got his in two days so I was glad, but mine got lost for a day.

I have a pink Petri Cloud Cap V1.5 on her now. Using a black chuff cap, but I think I need to go full pink, or maybe Purple drip tip... lol. It looks nice... Loving this mod! I need to figure out a good build/wicking for my Temple... I can't get that thing where I want it. It's perfect on the HOG.

When are you getting yours? Or did you get it?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
LOL. Thanks man! They were the reason it took a week. Two of my shipments that day didn't ever go past acceptance, the customer got his in two days so I was glad, but mine got lost for a day.

I have a pink Petri Cloud Cap V1.5 on her now. Using a black chuff cap, but I think I need to go full pink, or maybe Purple drip tip... lol. It looks nice... Loving this mod! I need to figure out a good build/wicking for my Temple... I can't get that thing where I want it. It's perfect on the HOG.

When are you getting yours? Or did you get it?
should be any day now. i got a clone though not authentic like you ;)

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
should be any day now. i got a clone though not authentic like you ;)
Cool man. And I know it's a clone... oh well. If it works well then you saved some money... Or you may fall in love and buy an authentic... LOL. HOG fun! .33 on this thing is no sweat at all. Quick pulses, but no sweat.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Cool man. And I know it's a clone... oh well. If it works well then you saved some money... Or you may fall in love and buy an authentic... LOL. HOG fun! .33 on this thing is no sweat at all. Quick pulses, but no sweat.
LMAO both of those things are possible for sure. If i did buy authentic i'd want a cool color like you have, I really like VC mods.

VU Sponsors