Become a Patron!

HOG V4 - Couldn't Resist

Get the Steam Crave Titan PWM mod instead.
I just looked at steamcrave mod about maybe 15 minutes ago, i looked on their website theor like 70 or 75 dollars, plus it has a chip to help you not blow yourself up. I wish someone had done a review of hog v4 vs steamcrave, they both push the same amount of Volts so i dont see what the difference is in that, besides your able to change the V on the steamcrave, looks kinda tough to get the battery door opened on the steamcrave. I had a hog v3 clone not sure wich one, i wasnt very impressed with it.

Does anyone know what the best 21700 battery is to use for this mod? I had a 26650 mod and bought 2 different batteries, one done awesome, the other barley pushed any power out.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone know what the best 21700 battery is to use for this mod? I had a 26650 mod and bought 2 different batteries, one done awesome, the other barley pushed any power out.
Samsung 30T only for now. As for the 26650s and mechs, I use dual iJoy 26650s in series in my Vapergate The 99 tube mech, and, I know there exist several other rewrap companies other than iJoy that rewrap this same 26650 battery, but Mooch has recently deleted his 26650 battery ratings table, and he hasn't retested the 26650s yet. AFAIK almost all (almost all, i.e. with only very few exceptions that also offer great performance) the other 26650s that aren't rewraps of this same battery are high capacity ones with a lower CDR and a much bigger voltage sag so not intended to be used for high current levels. The iJoy 26650 does have a true CDR of 30A, though, and the voltage sag it has is small enough for it to give performance similar to the good performing 18650s.

One of the key benefits of using a 26650 stacked tube mech is it gives you the option to go for a completely different type of battery chemistry the performance characteristics of which are similar to that of a LiPo. The A123 Systems ANR26650M1-B is the best one in that category, but these are a special type of batteries that when they're fully charged are 3.6V instead of the more familiar 4.2V that we are used to using, and so they run at a much lower voltage, but they can handle very high current levels and their discharge curve is horizontal flat for most of their discharge cycle so, with 2 of 'em in series, they can still give you very high power vaping capability and the horizontal flat means the vape doesn't grow weaker with every pull.

Last edited:
Samsung 30T only for now. As for the 26650s and mechs, I use dual iJoy 26650s in series in my Vapergate The 99 tube mech, and, I know there exist several other rewrap companies other than iJoy that rewrap this same 26650 battery, but Mooch has recently deleted his 26650 battery ratings table, and he hasn't retested the 26650s yet. AFAIK almost all (almost all, i.e. with only very few exceptions that also offer great performance) the other 26650s that aren't rewraps of this same battery are high capacity ones with a lower CDR and a much bigger voltage sag so not intended to be used for high current levels. The iJoy 26650 does have a true CDR of 30A, though, and the voltage sag it has is small enough for it to give performance similar to the good performing 18650s.

One of the key benefits of using a 26650 stacked tube mech is it gives you the option to go for a completely different type of battery chemistry the performance characteristics of which are similar to that of a LiPo. The A123 Systems ANR26650M1-B is the best one in that category, but these are a special type of batteries that when they're fully charged are 3.6V instead of the more familiar 4.2V that we are used to using, and so they run at a much lower voltage, but they can handle very high current levels and their discharge curve is horizontal flat for most of their discharge cycle so, with 2 of 'em in series, they can still give you very high power vaping capability and the horizontal flat means the vape doesn't grow weaker with every pull.

Thank you. I had got some batteries for it when i bought it, planning on getting more, ill think about the samsung 30T, now i got to get my batteries rewrapped cause my charger had tore part of the wrapping when the bottom charger springs up, so now i got to get my batteries rewrapped and a new charger without ripping my battery wraps

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thank you. I had got some batteries for it when i bought it, planning on getting more, ill think about the samsung 30T, now i got to get my batteries rewrapped cause my charger had tore part of the wrapping when the bottom charger springs up, so now i got to get my batteries rewrapped and a new charger without ripping my battery wraps
Nitecore NEW i4 (not to be confused with Nitecore i4) has my preference for reliability vs cost (i.e. there's not a lot of useless bells and whistles in it that only tend to break the charger), for not easily ripping battery wraps (i.e. the sliders are very decent), and for slower aging of the batteries during the charging process (e.g., unlike the Efest LUC V4, the voltage that the NEW i4 delivers stays below the maximum limit that I find acceptable, the batteries run cooler on the NEW i4 compared to other chargers and the charger itself also runs cooler than most, but the charging takes longer if you charge more than 2 batteries at once).

I got the hog v4 with the colorado on it, I got 20G kanthal, I want the biggest baddest cloud i can get, i just fixed the hog today, so anyone that knows how many coils I can fit in that bad boy and just roll like a freight train, please help

VU Sponsors