Become a Patron!

HiLiQ.com Nicotine Review

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
So a while ago HiLiq asked for some taste testers. I agreed and received some of their unflavored nicotine base free of charge. Here is my review.
HiLiQ DIY Nicotine Review
sEhV3qVSeSzEWxWHFLoUgI9ZjMAAoylGuk3wWHQh4pDjUCKDTgFvuE-dxSBf92wuFHUUHms-YOgKoxxtko2PHtg0BRBWteG2BEHGgM7b_7vCjYtSijvZRc30PtcyhcTF0a92KBajS82kKSZuyQ7YM1vohc6BnRZ4FSB24AifJJysFuAct-VPP5r11HCiEJ4WSvUEl6XEcvZ71FRrq42kV-vQBBrx8JjwiEOyGLPsoEHqCNPTcEocsBNb7FDiGiu38HdBWn-0W_4Y6fbOLu3MlhVv8QoClpoI66f6HrtMwER_fJm6qCqMgfeM9aKT8lWVLvkE-gsdv77lh8gBOpCUp27fxnaVr4pgAclcA8d-rb2VciXGKFq9rk3G3A32-vqLqHi0su3Xdn3l54ijV8R_nEsSYdSa6GCMapeaJ2-n-OM7-m-QAw55vA_DDzrGJIV3ACnq0zhurG_6qXGoqFHCmtMgtNmde8a2BcmdzbvFjHlTx5TqDZpNsrYinRiMXMgx0a3PMq02HhXlC1mgLWokWp1SfEQBI1N79fK1DBa9I4CAifzY8A2u9C0Q8ixePlrS78SWIsO7RgzkfGlOlg0lMaP6iqWF1lE9Xz4GSrWg=w577-h769-no

Packaging
My package arrived very well packed. In a large package envelope was a double layer strong cardboard box. Inside the box with some extra packaging material the nicotine bottle was sealed in a plastic bag. This is excellent in case the bottle is damaged during shipping so the nicotine does not leak all over everything.

Labeling

The labeling is pretty nice. However this is my main concern with this nicotine. First it does not say if its in PG or VG or some combination. That information is only available on my online invoice. Ordering multiple bottle of nicotine in different carriers could get confusing since the labels do not indicate the carrier. Also there is no clear indication of expiration date or bottling date or creation date. There is a code on the label that reads MD:2018 01.18 Which to me means it was made or packaged on 1/18/2018, but I do not know. This need to be clarified,

It also does not say the word nicotine anywhere. It says unflavored e-liquid base. This is misleading because what does that mean? Is it pg/vg ready to add flavor and nicotine, or is it pg/vg already mixed with nicotine. Reading the rest of the label 100MG/ML tells you its nicotine and it is not ready to use. It also carries the warning “Not for direct use. Must be diluted”

I feel it should not even bother saying “e-liquid base unflavored” It should simply say Nicotine. And state the VG/PG so you can tell immediatley by the label what it is.

The rest of the label is amazing including contents, warnings, recommended storage temperature.

Cap
It has a sealed child resistant cap. You must push down while turning. It also has the break away tab to know it has not been opened since it was packaged. This is excellent for nicotine, since it is the most dangerous ingredient used in DIY.

Color
I have had this bottle for almost 3 weeks now sitting on my desk and it looks exactly like it did when it arrived CRYSTAL CLEAR.

Smell
It does smell like nicotine. The earthy tone I expect when I smell nicotine is present but not overpowering. I have used nicotine from Wizard Labs, Vapers Tek, Nude Nicotine, and Chemnic. The odor of the HiLiq is a little stronger than Vapers Tek but milder than any of the other brands.

Flavor
I first tested this with just pure VG with no flavoring at 6%. I could not taste the nicotine. I then used this in one of my everyday recipes and could not discern any difference in taste compared to using Chem Nic, Vapers Tek, or Nude Nicotine. I would consider this nicotine to be tasteless and does not effect the flavor profile of the e liquid.

Summary
I can easily recommend this nicotine to any DIY person. It is tasteless, clear and does not have an overpowering odor. For only $43.99 for 100% VG and $49.99 for 100%PG it is very affordable and comparable to many other brands. It is packaged and shipped safely. I do hope they change the labels to include the percentages of PG and VG as well as clarify the date that is stamped on the label to indicate if that was the date it was made or bottled.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Matt, HiLiq is popular in Australia, SE Asia, West Asia and the Middle East. All of these places are very vaping unfriendly. I'd be willing to be that's why they label as they do, most likely spurred on by multiple requests to remove incriminating words from them. I, for one, welcome this approach.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Matt, HiLiq is popular in Australia, SE Asia, West Asia and the Middle East. All of these places are very vaping unfriendly. I'd be willing to be that's why they label as they do, most likely spurred on by multiple requests to remove incriminating words from them. I, for one, welcome this approach.
If that's the case, one could always apply their own label with details. I certainly wouldn't object to doing that to get affordable, quality nic.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If that's the case, one could always apply their own label with details. I certainly wouldn't object to doing that to get affordable, quality nic.

For a lot of us, just getting good nic at any price is a home run.

I just got a bottle of 100mg Nic Salt. Mixed up 5ml of PG, VG and .5ml of the nic straight from the bottle. Holy shit, my ears are ringing and my stomach is swirling. Tastes ok, though. :eek:

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I have used this in a few recipes now and not noticed any difference using HiLiq and VT,ChemNic or whatever Nicotine River sells(I forget)

jojosvapes

Drippopotamus
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Too bad they dont sell nic salts or I would try them, I am too used to salt and dont care for freebase even at 3-6mg now (regardless of vendor).

patl2party

Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If your in Canada www.flavoristsformulas.com has really good nic but they don't sell it on the site you have to message them its pharmaceutical grade same nic they use in nic patches from Siegfried their from Switzerland good stuff very smooth

77Flavorists Formulas2_54EDIT_edited-1.png

VU Sponsors