Become a Patron!

High battery warning / error - sigelei fuchai 200w

PolarFluid

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So for a trip I went to Florida where it's super humid and took a plane there. I am from Colorado, which is very dry. After a day, my mod gave me the warning "high battery" how do I fix this? Do you need more info?

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Basically it's telling you the batteries are supplying more than 8.4V. This could be caused by overcharged batteries. While not Fuchai specific there have been some reports of the Snow Wolf 200 giving the same error due to e-juice or moisture buildup inside the case. Since this happened in a high humidity environment that may be your problem as well. The choices would seem to be trying different batteries and/or putting the mod in a low humidity environment for a time. Putting it in a container and covering it with rice overnight might do the trick. Just a suggestion. No guarantees. It may be something that requires warranty work if you have one.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If the batteries are overheated from the sun that can cause higher voltage

sent from my droid turbo 2

PolarFluid

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Basically it's telling you the batteries are supplying more than 8.4V. This could be caused by overcharged batteries. While not Fuchai specific there have been some reports of the Snow Wolf 200 giving the same error due to e-juice or moisture buildup inside the case. Since this happened in a high humidity environment that may be your problem as well. The choices would seem to be trying different batteries and/or putting the mod in a low humidity environment for a time. Putting it in a container and covering it with rice overnight might do the trick. Just a suggestion. No guarantees. It may be something that requires warranty work if you have one.
If it's juice build up, how do I fix it?

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If it's juice build up, how do I fix it?
That's why I mentioned warranty. Getting e-juice out would require some degree of disassembly and a good electronics cleaner. That would void any warranty.

Edit: I hate this Skimlinks crap. Seems to come and go.

PolarFluid

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's why I mentioned warranty. Getting e-juice out would require some degree of disassembly and a good electronics cleaner. That would void any warranty.

Edit: I hate this Skimlinks crap. Seems to come and go.
I got it at a local shop. And what's skim links?

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got it at a local shop. And what's skim links?
The local shop might cover it. If batteries or drying out doesn't fix it I'd at least ask.
Skimlinks is where it turned my mention of el*ctronics cleaner into a link to PriceGrabber.

PolarFluid

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So it started glitching and showing me the serial number so I took it apart and used a soft cloth to clean it, no liquid or anything. But now I still just have the high battery error. Can I do anything else by taking it apart or what? Because I'm pretty sure the warranty is voided now.

PolarFluid

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Now it's not turning on, and I voided warranty, any ideas or just buy a new one?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, I think you have no other choice but to invest in another set up, sorry you had such bad luck. :(

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Try putting it in a zip lock bag with rice or a desiccant pack. Mine did the same thing and it was caused by moisture (humidity/condensation). I got it dried out and it's working fine.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you hook up the batteries to a voltage meter to see if they are over-charged? Are you charging the batteries in the mod (if so it's possible they got overcharged)? I don't charge 18650's in my mod, I use a battery charger, better all the way around imo. Have you tried a different set of batteries to rule out it being a battery issue? Just suggestions of things I would do in this scenario.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit You made no mention of what batteries you are using. Here's a link to an article on the best 18650's for vaping. I stick with the big 3 - Samsung, LG, and Sony
The Top 5 18650 Batteries for Vaping

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did you hook up the batteries to a voltage meter to see if they are over-charged? Are you charging the batteries in the mod (if so it's possible they got overcharged)? I don't charge 18650's in my mod, I use a battery charger, better all the way around imo. Have you tried a different set of batteries to rule out it being a battery issue? Just suggestions of things I would do in this scenario.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit You made no mention of what batteries you sre using. Here's a link to an article on the best 18650's for vaping.
The Top 5 18650 Batteries for Vaping
They were at 4.07 volts each when it happened and were/are Samsung 25R2. I changed the batteries with multiple other ones (LG, MXJO, Efest, and 25R5) and still had the same issue. I charge mine in a Nitecore D4 charger and when charge is complete they meter out at 4.18 Volts +/- 0.01 Volt.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They were at 4.07 volts each when it happened and were/are Samsung 25R2. I changed the batteries with multiple other ones (LG, MXJO, Efest, and 25R5) and still had the same issue. I charge mine in a Nitecore D4 charger and when charge is complete they meter out at 4.18 Volts +/- 0.01 Volt.
I was asking the OP, but it sounds like yours was definitely a mod problem. I've had my mods everywhere from Arizona (Extremely Hot and Dry) to Michigan (Hot and Sticky). I've have never had a problem where humidity caused my mods to give me a high voltage error (I don't have the Fuchai though), I mainly use DNA200 chipped mods. Sounds like the Fuchai is more sensitive to humid conditions than any mods I have ever owned. I wonder why?

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:
Hi, decided to sign up an account just to answer this question.
Having the same high battery error, being a 2nd hand buyer with no warranty, and having done various suggestions like making sure it wasn't the battery problem or even cleaning the flat wire connected to the display, I decided to try a final method which worked!

This was to wash the entire mod in water, to hopefully remove any dried juice, which can't be absorbed with silica gel or rice.
Bear in mind that this should be done as the final solution for those without the option of warranty as people would not recommend using tap water which I used. Best if you have distilled water.

1) Remove the batteries.
2) Press the power button a few times to drain all power, as well as leaving the mod un-powered for a few hours, while grounding by touching it to remove all remaining electricity.
3) Remove the wire connected to the display at both side
4) Run it under water, not too strong as you dont want to damage it, for a few seconds. I did it for about 30 seconds moving the mod around. Ensure all chips are soaked to remove dried juice. Also remember to wash the wire that you removed.
5) Immediately used a cloth or tissue to soak water up, DAB, DON'T RUB.
6) Blow dry with normal or cool temperature, do not use high heat.
7) Cover with rice or sillica gel for about 2 days
8) Cry in amazement as it works again.

VU Sponsors