HIC's VANILLA-MOCHA CAKE

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Vanilla-Mocha Cake recipe: like a piece of sweet vanilla cake with mocha filling

1% FA Vanilla Classic
0.5% FA Tiramisu
0.5% FA Meringue
0.5% FA Fresh Cream
0.5% FA Vienna Cream

Shake and vape, but save some leftovers to try the next day, too.

This recipe builds the background vanilla-cake note in FA Tiramisu into the primary flavor, while the chocolate-espresso is tamed into a background of sweet mocha.

If FA's Tiramisu flavor is too bold for you, but you like mocha, give this a try.

Last edited:

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have been very remiss in posting this, sorry. HIC, this is so good, it is in my daily rotation! It really surprised me, 'cuz this is not my in normal taste profile. I had to mix up the large flavorings bottle just so I can't run out of it. Thank you!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks, misswish! Wow, this recipe was waaay back under the pile; I'm so glad it's been useful!

SouthMark40UK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi HIC

Gotta say you have inspired me to make a load of your recipes as I have not managed to make a nice chocolate vape or decent Caramel Latte..... just a quick question, I don't have Vanilla Classic by Flavourart but do have FA Vanilla Bourbon, and PA French Vanilla, Vanilla Swirl and Vanillin woud any of these work as a substitute and if so what % would you recommend

Thanks

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hi HIC

Gotta say you have inspired me to make a load of your recipes as I have not managed to make a nice chocolate vape or decent Caramel Latte..... just a quick question, I don't have Vanilla Classic by Flavourart but do have FA Vanilla Bourbon, and PA French Vanilla, Vanilla Swirl and Vanillin woud any of these work as a substitute and if so what % would you recommend

Vanilla Bourbon, same percent, would work just fine!

SouthMark40UK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks, once I have made some of the recipes I will post back my thoughts

Thanks again!

SouthMark40UK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I made this recipe on Saturday 20th December.
40PG/60VG and No Nicotine (which is how I make all my tester recipes).
Frothed it up 3 times and then left to sit for 2 days.

Today - Put it in my Expromizer RTA 1.5ohm - 10 Watts with fresh cotton

My Thoughts

Really Smooth Vape, tastes to me like a subtle popcorn flavour. It has a nutty type taste which is probably the Tiramisu flavouring, don't really get a lot of vanilla but then I did substitute Vanilla Classic for Vanilla Bourbon so probably need to try this recipe with the Vanilla Classic instead. I also think for me, the concentrate percentages probably need to be increased as my taste buds aren’t that great at picking up subtle flavours.

Any suggestions HIC?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
subtle popcorn flavour... nutty type taste ... percentages probably need to be increased as my taste buds aren’t that great at picking up subtle flavours.
Any suggestions HIC?

I use these flavors often, but none has ever tasted like popcorn or nuts to me. I have no idea what's giving you that flavor!

I think you could increase the overall flavoring by 50%. Double might be a bit much; Tiramisu is a powerful espresso-cocoa flavor, strong even by FlavourArt standards.

SouthMark40UK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ummm Strange my wife can taste the vanilla but me and my 2 friends taste like a popcorn taste..... Its not that its horrible its actually quite good just not what I was expecting

SouthMark40UK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OK so I have made this recipe again but I have doubled up on all the ingredients but I have substituted FA Vanilla Classic for 6% Capella Vanilla Cupcake, I will post back in a week when its fully steeped

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Would substituting fruit for tiramisu work and give the same overall cake affect yet fruity?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Would substituting fruit for tiramisu work and give the same overall cake affect yet fruity?

No. The cake flavor is actually coming from Tiramisu. The other flavorings here emphasize that part of Tiramisu.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hic, I was vaping this after your lemon meringue pie. On the second load it was quite good with just a hint of lemon. How do you think this would be with the addition of say 2% lemon Sicily and maybe 0.25 lime cold pressed?

On a different note. I accidentally added too much tiramisu. That is a strong flavor, to me.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hic, I was vaping this after your lemon meringue pie. On the second load it was quite good with just a hint of lemon. How do you think this would be with the addition of say 2% lemon Sicily and maybe 0.25 lime cold pressed?

On a different note. I accidentally added too much tiramisu. That is a strong flavor, to me.

Citrus with mocha isn't something I'd like, but if it sounds good to you, why not try? Experimenting makes DIY fun!

Tiramisu is one of FA's strongest and boldest flavors, for sure. If it's hard to measure the tiny bit you want accurately, you can make a separate little bottle of it diluted by PG/VG, then use that for your flavoring. For example, you can dilute it by half and use twice as much, just to make the measures easier.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

lemon lime and orange is pretty nice with cocoa or chocolate.. but i'd only use maybe .75-1.25% (FA)
toss in some marshmallows nuts and creams.. and it will be really good!

Tcar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Orange and coco work really good in real cake.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
The cool thing about this recipe is the way it allows that cake bit (usually faint in Tiramisu) to really come out. So whatever you might add, I recommend you try it first without, then see if you're happy with how the cake flavor stands up to small additions - one little step at a time.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HIC, do you think Catalan cream could be used as a substitute for the Fresh and Vienna cream? Two other flavors ECX was out of when I placed my order. Maybe the "little bit of citrus" you described Catalan as having would not be ideal for this recipe? Thanks!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC, do you think Catalan cream could be used as a substitute for the Fresh and Vienna cream? Two other flavors ECX was out of when I placed my order. Maybe the "little bit of citrus" you described Catalan as having would not be ideal for this recipe? Thanks!

I wouldn't bother with Catalan Cream here. It's a pretty delicate balance to get that vanilla cake flavor - even using the listed flavorings but changing the ratios can throw it off. Not that it wouldn't be tasty, but I think you'd get no cake.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting. Does that imply that Fresh and Vienna cream are integral for creating a "cake" flavor? Would you say that that is their main use?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Interesting. Does that imply that Fresh and Vienna cream are integral for creating a "cake" flavor? Would you say that that is their main use?

Well, in this recipe they are. It's very very very difficult to get any cake-like flavor at all without using flavorings with diacetyl/sub ingredients. The cake flavor comes from Tiramisu, but it takes those other flavorings to emphasize it - giving the most cake-y flavor I've ever gotten with zero diacetyl/subs.

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not really. I think the cake flavor is provided by the Tiramisu and supported or amplified with the supporting ingrediants. Spicy Catalan would probably wreck it.

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dug up this oldie and added 3% yellow cake fw and welcomed it back into my rotation. Vaping cool (300f) with a single coil and loving it (original too of course).

Briandesimone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First time seeing this recipe. Cake and tiramisu are like my two favorite vapes. Off to mix I go. Thanks HIC!

VU Sponsors