Become a Patron!

HIC's VANILLA CREAM CINNAMON STRAWS (candy)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

This was inspired by Hammond Candy Factory's handmade, gourmet Vanilla Cream Filled Cinnamon Candy Canes (and their smaller 'straws' version). If you like sweet cinnamon-vanilla or frosted cinnamon rolls, you'll like this.

HIC's VANILLA-CREAM CINNAMON STRAWS
1.5% FA Vanilla Classic
1.5% FA Vienna Cream
1.5% FA Meringue (TFA's new Meringue flavor may taste better here...haven't tried yet)
1.25% FA Cinnamon Ceylon
0.75% FA Catalan Cream
0.75% FA Peppermint

Shake 'n vape! You'll taste very sweet, mildly spicy, cinnamon hard candy with frosting-like, cool vanilla cream filling.

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
This is really good, HIC. I taste cinnamon and peppermint. I did have to omit the Catalan Cream. I wish we got along..

Just use Vienna Cream in place of Catalan, so you'd use more Vienna than I am, and it'll be a tiny bit less spicy.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
As written, without Catalan is good. So I'll try that out. I can always add a touch. Or make more :)

TheBloke

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks so much @HeadInClouds for all these amazing recipes! I only just got started making, and today is finally going to be my "HIC day" (after I did a second order at FA for all the things I forgot in my first a week ago!) :) But I can tell already they're a veritable treasure trove of tremendousness :)

Quick question on this one: What would it be like leaving out the Peppermint? Both because I don't have it, and I'm not that bothered about losing a minty flavour. At least, I don't think I am; I'm no chef by any means, so maybe this is one of those ingredients that brings out the best in the others?

I have loads more to try so it's not urgent, and if it is very important I can easily order some Peppermint and try it in a few days. But if it's optional, I might give it a go sooner :)

Thanks!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Quick question on this one: What would it be like leaving out the Peppermint?

You could make it without, and if you don't like it that way, set it aside until you get peppermint. Everyone needs FA Peppermint. :)

In this recipe, peppermint is not just adding cool mint that the real candies include; it's also a sweetener, and it keeps Meringue from tasting dry.

TheBloke

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You could make it without, and if you don't like it that way, set it aside until you get peppermint. Everyone needs FA Peppermint. :)

In this recipe, peppermint is not just adding cool mint that the real candies include; it's also a sweetener, and it keeps Meringue from tasting dry.

Thanks for the fast reply! OK you convinced me, Peppermint is in my next FA order and I'll just wait until then to try this. I hate going through the whole process and then not liking it, I'd rather give it the best chance to shine :)

Thanks again!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
This one is excellent Hic! My first use of FA peppermint.

D! You found a recipe I missed testing when FA Meringue flavor changed. Ooops!

You thought it worked okay here? I made a note to remind myself I should try this with TFA's Meringue for comparison.

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not to big on peppermint and the whole cooling effect. How is the peppermint in this recipe? Thinking maybe knock it down to .5

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I made this one a few months ago and it is quite tasty. Has good "staying power," flavors don't fade over time as some minty vapes do.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not to big on peppermint and the whole cooling effect. How is the peppermint in this recipe? Thinking maybe knock it down to .5
Actually the cinnamon is the star in this one, the mint just accents that, doesn't take over. It reminds me of the powdery stuff on Dentyne gum. ;)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

I was going to say it contrasts with spicy cinnamon, and it's the major sweetener in the recipe, but @Teresa P explained it better.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I never tasted it with the original and tfa meringue is on its way here. I thought it was quite good, I'll put some more in a tank tomorrow and describe what I taste, fyi.

And HIC, I am telling you the 2nd bottle of joy I got was horrible. It even smells like flat beer. I was in love with My first bottle. Both were from Bull City. I am going to order another bottle next month and share with Teresa since she shared her first two bottles with me. I guess what I am trying to say is I aware there were either different batches of joy made or joy gone bad sold. I never understood how people tasted beer. I made up your delicious lemon pudding cake with my 2nd bottle of joy and dumped it down the drain. When I made it with my first bottle it was delicious. I mean fantastic! Maybe I should see if the N.American FA can figure this out that posted on FA thread here.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
D! You found a recipe I missed testing when FA Meringue flavor changed. Ooops!

You thought it worked okay here? I made a note to remind myself I should try this with TFA's Meringue for comparison.
Haha! And you are welcome for me finding it for you. I was most happy to find it. I am wondering what some peppermint would taste like in your pirate truffles. Do you think I should try it?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I am wondering what some peppermint would taste like in your pirate truffles. Do you think I should try it?

It would be really sweet, and a whole bunch of interesting flavors for sure. I think that's worth trying, you mad-mixer you. :)

soulseek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
HIC great recipe once again. I'm gonna try 2.5% TFA Vanilla bean gelato instead of Vanilla classic.

Also HIC one question, have you found a way to add salt flavour to any of your juices? I'm curious to try it in some of the chocolate and bakery vapes.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Hic! I emptied a tank, rewicked, and added your Vanilla cream cinnamon straws. I do get the difference in taste that you do from the old to new version of FA Meringue. I miss those light airy cookies. 3 ingredients and I had a great vanilla wafer....I shall delete that recipe as I made it with revised meringue and it was no longer.:(. I therefore I believe I can answer what you are thinking. Although I did not try this with the old FA Meringue I can imagine what it tasted like. With the revised meringue of FA it is more of a caramelized taste here in this recipe and eggy. It's not that airy cookie:(. It is still quite good imho.,but I know how particular you are and I am pretty sure you will want to try TFA meringue here and see if you get what once was. I am still quite happily vaping along on the 12 ml. I made loving the peppermint flavor and the cinnamon sugar coated vanilla cream.

As for your pirate truffles it is amazing! That Aztec flavor is spot on of Mexican hard cocoa. I just fell in love with this peppermint and would not want it to take away from the greatness so I shall mix up a batch and then make a peppermint dilution and add a tiny bit to a small amount and hope it's good. This peppermint rocks!!:D

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I love it when a buried HIC's recipe floats up. I'm to lazy to search for them, but when they pop up, and I have the flavors, I do try them. Thank HIC. It looks like an appropriate holiday flavor also.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
HIC great recipe once again. I'm gonna try 2.5% TFA Vanilla bean gelato instead of Vanilla classic.

Also HIC one question, have you found a way to add salt flavour to any of your juices? I'm curious to try it in some of the chocolate and bakery vapes.

FW makes a Salted Caramel that might go well in Chocolate and Bakery.
It has a lighter Caramel taste and leans more to the salty side.

Chris Collective

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mmm. I like the look of this, and been after an all FA recipe for a while.

Thanks for sharing. Love cinnamon...

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have tried this with both meringues, however not side by side to do a fair comparison. Both are very good to me. I can't say that I notice a significant difference, I think they would have to be vaped side by side for me to be able to notice any difference.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Let us know how it turns out with the TFA Gelato, I bought a 4 oz. before I met HIC & everyone here. Trying to find a use for it. Thanks!

VU Sponsors