Become a Patron!

HIC's TIRAMISU WITH NONNA

whodat2112

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just made a batch of this substituting Flavor West Tiramisu for the Flavor Art, and to me it's even better!!!!!

whodat2112

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also made a batch with Flavor Art, and tried it, liked it, letting it steep.
Try it with FW and let me know what you think.

Yasr

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi, what could I use as a rum substitute if I wanted to try this recipe halaal?

Yasr

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You could try TFA Brown Sugar.
Thank you I will try. Could I ask if these recipes where written for sub ohm? I am struggling with FA recipes leaving a chemical aftertaste at sub. And I am not sure by how much % to decrease the flavour components.
My cousins adapt old recipes by decreasing components by 50% and keeping total flavour below 10%, but they use TFA for the most part.
I am the only one of us who is trying FA recipes, but have no idea how to adapt them. I have a scale so can mix small %s. I just mixed two recipes at 30% or thereabouts below recommended %, with total flavour for each recipe under 1%. But still smell some chemical. I left it open overnight and will probably give it a few days to settle.

I have no idea what I'm doing. I like very very light flavour with no throat hit.

Any help will be appreciated.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
And I am not sure by how much % to decrease the flavour components.
My cousins adapt old recipes by decreasing components by 50% and keeping total flavour below 10%, but they use TFA for the most part.
I just mixed two recipes at 30% or thereabouts below recommended %, with total flavour for each recipe under 1%. But still smell some chemical.

FA are generally about 2x stronger than TFA, but Tiramisu is even stronger - one of FA's strongest. You might prefer Tiramisu at 0.25% or even less, if other FA recipes mixed at just 1% total flavoring are strong enough for you. I saw you're working on the "chemical" bit in a different thread, but my first suggestion there would be vaping some of your mix with no flavoring at all (to see if your PG/VG/nic is any problem).

Yasr

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
FA are generally about 2x stronger than TFA, but Tiramisu is even stronger - one of FA's strongest. You might prefer Tiramisu at 0.25% or even less, if other FA recipes mixed at just 1% total flavoring are strong enough for you. I saw you're working on the "chemical" bit in a different thread, but my first suggestion there would be vaping some of your mix with no flavoring at all (to see if your PG/VG/nic is any problem).
Hi. I think I found a good ratio as the total under 1% worked out well. I also dropped nic to 1.5%. I used fresh batches of materials just in case. I. Have limited options as it's a wee bit difficult to bring nic etc. into our country, but am working with the best that's available. I get nothing just smoothness on inhale and dainty subtle flavour on exhale. At least now I have a foundation on which to build. Thank you for taking the time to assist.

Yasr

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok the above message refers to your creamsicle recipe which came out tops at my lower %s. But I just tasted my Apple and almond and somethings amiss. Your original recipe was actually a perfect taste 4% Apple pie and 2% marzipan but aftertaste was too strong for me (prob our local nic/dillutants). I decreased both. Apple pie to 0.012% and marzipan to 0.006%. I also added 0.006% Vienna cream. However I am getting a strong seared sugar taste on the inhale, like plain cotton candy but a grainy powdery effect, sweet on the tip of my tongue. In the exhale it burns my nose a bit. I can't taste much underneath that. I am not sure which one of the three ingredients is causing this. I think marzipan because it's sweat but my wife suggested Apple pie because it's relative quantity to the other two ingredients. Maybe even the Vienna cream? I tried to ease the throat hit with a touch of vienna cream.

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just gotta say that I recently took a holiday in the tropics with this as my ADV. Seperate to this, all I had on hand was a melon mix that barely saw the light of day. 10 days straight amongst spicy food and alcohol, this recipe never left me wanting. As mentioned in the OP it gets sweeter after a few days, but the flavour also varies when accompanied by different food, drinks and flavours. I find it more a desert vape than a raw coffee connoisseurs vape, but that's exactly why it works day in day out with just about anything you throw amongst it. Fantastic simple recipe that is well worth throwing in the vault

gettygas2

Member For 4 Years
Mmmm-yummm! You know that little bit of vanilla cake flavor in Tiramisu? If you've wished there were more of it, and you like sweet mocha flavors, try this.

3% FA Nonna's Cake
1% FA Tiramisu
1% FA Jamaican Rum

Very simple recipe, but so flavorful! Right after mixing, it's smooth and sweet tiramisu with extra vanilla. It takes a couple-few days for the cake flavor to fully develop, and man is it rich. Lots of thick creaminess here for coffee fans, and no need for sweeteners. :)

Thank you nice smooth and thank god the wife didn't care for it I got to keep it for my self. :bliss:

Yasr

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You may have just won the "most sensitive flavor taster" award. Was it @Dixie1954 who also uses flavors at this rate? But I think hers are all tobaccos. I'm amazed at both of you; I don't think I'd be able to taste that at all.
I am even more sensitive to my environment, natural and social lol.

ResIpsa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I just started vaping to help me quit smoking and already see the financial benefit of making my own juice. I just received my orders from V Tek and Bull City. Three of the flavors in the order are those used in this recipe. So, I guess I will be whipping up a small bottle of this as my first try at DIY juice.

I've read a bunch on this site and watched several Youtube videos on the procedure. Seems straightforward.

One question on recipes like this one. Is this best used in high ohm equipment or is it usable for sub-ohm as well. I have both and would like to have some more diverse flavors to use in my Aspire Plato with the .4 ohm coil.

Thanks,
Chris

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You're off on the right foot mate, it's a simple, yet fantastic recipe.
You can vape it on high or low ohm atties, it's more a matter of the wattage that you push on either of those devices.
I vape this at 35w and the choc element of the Tiramisu is fine. If you vape at higher wattages you may find that the choc starts to burn.

ResIpsa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the encouragement.

I tried this last night making a 15ml bottle to start. The flavor is very very faint. Does this need to steep first? Or, to overcome my taste buds not being quite right yet could I increase the flavors a bit?

Thanks,
Chris

ETA: I should also mention that I made this in a 70% VG mix. I mixed by volume using syringes. I'm using it in a Nautilus Mini with an Istick TC40W. I've tried it at different wattages from 7w to 13w. It tastes better under 9w but still not much flavor for me.

Last edited:

rogue zombie

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the encouragement.

I tried this last night making a 15ml bottle to start. The flavor is very very faint. Does this need to steep first? Or, to overcome my taste buds not being quite right yet could I increase the flavors a bit?

Thanks,
Chris

ETA: I should also mention that I made this in a 70% VG mix. I mixed by volume using syringes. I'm using it in a Nautilus Mini with an Istick TC40W. I've tried it at different wattages from 7w to 13w. It tastes better under 9w but still not much flavor for me.
I suspect your taste buds are a little confused still.

I steeped this only for 3 days.

But to use on a Nautilus, I would rather make this at 60VG or maybe even 50VG.

I vaped this recipe last night, 70VG at around 30w, on a Reo/Dripper, and it was packed with flavour.

70VG juices match that sort of set up nicely. Lower watt devices and a Nautilus is best matched with thinner liquid. I wouldn't increase the flavour percentages, rather drop the VG lower.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yea I find this deliciously sweet, in fact I nearly found this too sweet at times depending on the time of the day, state of mind and blood alcohol content.
As mentioned above, your taste buds may still be a little shot from the ciggies. Also, make sure your device is wicking properly. Flavour will be hindered if it's running slightly dry

Yasr

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would like to thank all for the help I received on this forum. I have developed my personal routine. I follow a recipe at 60% others and 50% FA. Also before I use a bottle I let it stand without a lid in boiled water till water cools down. To purge the last of perfume that is so easy to taste at 50-60%. I do this regardless of how long it Has or has not steeped.

I am eternally grateful for the help.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mixed this two weeks ago without trying it due to the Tiramisu advice I got from HIC. Tonight I put in a dripper and it's pretty damn good. The tastes are so present and defined. It's definitely very sweet, but not sickly. Not sure I could ADV this, but for a bit of dripping in the evenings it's great. I think for those with a sweet tooth it would be wonderful.

Here's the thing about HIC as I see it. The flavor profiles are unique and sophisticated. When you consider that the vast majority of recipes consist of strawberry and some type of cream, these recipes are so creative. I've found that in the last few weeks of vaping them my palate is changing. I'm weening off the sweets, I'm becoming able to discern different flavors and appreciate them, whether I really like them or not.

Last week I gave three colleagues 3 bottles each of 3 of my favorite (so far) HIC recipes. They all said the same thing. It's tasty and interesting, but it needs more flavor. They couldn't identify the flavors outside of its category. It illustrated how far I've come in such a short time. Now it's time to try those other Tiramisu recipes I made 2 weeks ago.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Interesting. Think I might use this idea to spiff up some Hangsen Tiramisu I have that is 70/30 pg. Gonna add some vg to it, and some Nonna's Cake and TFA Brown Sugar. Bet it will improve by leaps and bounds. Tonight...can't wait!

ETA: Once again I couldn't wait. Mixed this just now, and it smells so good I don't know if I'll be able to wait until tomorrow to try it. Still seems really thin, though, even after I added vg. :confused:

Last edited:

VU Sponsors