Become a Patron!

HIC's SPECULOOS COOKIE BUTTER (Trader Joe's or Lotus Biscoff spread)

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@Markw4mms I finally got an empty mod to try this wonder juice out in. REO Grand LP with a Derringer 0.4 ohm dual 26 gauge Kanthal round wire set up. I'm picking up a wonderful spicy sweet butter with a hint of cookie. I had the NF Ginger so that's how I made it. The ginger doesn't really stand out, it's blending with the TFA Holiday Spice quite nicely. The one spice that does seem to be noticeable is the clove on the exhale. I usually reserve my squonkers for juices I want in my regular rotation, @HeadInClouds Speculoos very well may earn permanent party status in this REO! High praise indeed!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hey, HIC. This recipe is quite old now, and maybe TFA didn't release the info back then, but TFA Brown Sugar contains Acetoin and Acetyl Propionyl. You seem fairly conscious about using 'safe' flavourings, I'm just wondering if you still use it now, or if you substitute it what do you use instead? DX Brown Sugar? Jamaican Rum FA (I used this myself for your cocoa cookie recipe, which is delicious btw thanks)?

I'm glad you asked. I've mentioned this here-and-there, but TFA DX Brown Sugar is a fine (no diketone) sub for their original Brown Sugar. It does taste different. DX is bolder, like super-dark brown sugar or demerara. I love it in bakery recipes! Then again, my (real) molasses cookies use blackstrap.:devil: A lot of Americans will prefer the lighter flavor of their original; anyone who likes dark brown sugar ought to try DX. Totally up to personal preference & what you do/don't choose to vape.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Well crap, I guess I'm glad I made the cardamom version of this last night. Sounds like I might have wasted my money on the FLV Ginger. Who knows, maybe I'll find a use for it in something.

If you drink hot tea, I suggest trying that Flavorah Ginger in plain (black or green) tea first, before vaping it. If you like it that way, maybe you'll like to vape it. It's not horrible (like ecx's old "Flavor Express" Ginger, which was a true fright), but it sure disappointed me.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you drink hot tea, I suggest trying that Flavorah Ginger in plain (black or green) tea first, before vaping it. If you like it that way, maybe you'll like to vape it. It's not horrible (like ecx's old "Flavor Express" Ginger, which was a true fright), but it sure disappointed me.
I'm sure I'll try a small batch with it or do the tea test with it. Who knows, I might really like it, as taste is a very subjective thing.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh, BTW, I mixed up the Cardamom (Biscoff) version using double the amount of Butterscotch as suggested since I have FW Butterscotch. I know you said it needs at least a day to taste right, but it's not bad now, but hope in a day or two the cardamom (at least that's what I think I'm tasting) settles in just a bit.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well crap, I guess I'm glad I made the cardamom version of this last night. Sounds like I might have wasted my money on the FLV Ginger. Who knows, maybe I'll find a use for it in something.

A friend gave me some of his FLV Ginger Peach flavor to try. Not bad at all! Perhaps you have some of your favorite peach flavor just lying around? :question:

Perhaps the already mentioned FA Black Tea could also be added for a threesome?

Ron
---
"You won't find reasonable men on the tops of tall mountains."-Hunter S. Thompson

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
A friend gave me some of his FLV Ginger Peach flavor to try. Not bad at all! Perhaps you have some of your favorite peach flavor just lying around? :question:

Perhaps the already mentioned FA Black Tea could also be added for a threesome?

Ron
---
"You won't find reasonable men on the tops of tall mountains."-Hunter S. Thompson
No, Ron, Peach is another flavor I have yet to add to my stash.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
First time I make such a complex mix and by complex I mean a little bit of a lot of flavorings.
Just did a little sneak taste (couldn't resist) and wow it tastes really good! A little on the spicy side but not too bad. I'll let it simmer down now for a little bit to see how it evolves. Thanks!

Edit: couldn't find the ginger flavor so I went with cardamom.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
First time I make such a complex mix and by complex I mean a little bit of a lot of flavorings.
Just did a little sneak taste (couldn't resist) and wow it tastes really good! A little on the spicy side but not too bad. I'll let it simmer down now for a little bit to see how it evolves. Thanks!

Edit: couldn't find the ginger flavor so I went with cardamom.

Mine took several days for the cardamom to settle down, it's good, but it still needs a bit of tweaking. I had to use FW Butterscotch since it's all I had. I used double the amount the recipe called for as recommended, but I think it might could use a tad more.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I used 1 drop of each fa, flavor west and tfa since I like using all 3 when a recipe calls for butterscotch, I get best results that way in flavoring with butterscotch.
This was actually a recommendation from someone in the threads but I forget who.

Aaronmc

VU Donator
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I absolutely can not wait to try this recipe. I love Vape Pink's cookie butter juice. Can anyone tell me if it comes close to their recipe at all?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I absolutely can not wait to try this recipe. I love Vape Pink's cookie butter juice. Can anyone tell me if it comes close to their recipe at all?

I've never tried theirs. I used actual Biscoff as a guide - mix, vape, nibble, repeat... I really enjoy vaping the same flavor as real food at the same time.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey I know I'm super late to the party, but does the cardamom settle down a bit after a while? Contemplating making a second batch with less cardamom in it.

I think it does but I also really like Cardamom so I may not be the best judge. :)

Last edited:
IIRC it does settle down.

Thanks for the replies! Day two and it tastes a lot better now. Still made a second batch to experiment with different flavorings added, like cap sugar cookie, cap vanilla custard and fa marshmallow. Thanks hic for letting me know about these unique flavorings, never knew I would like Clove this much

VU Sponsors