HIC's ORANGE TIC TACS

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Orange Tic Tac recipes: The outside half of Orange Tic Tacs taste much different than the inside. Some people prefer the sweet orange outside; some prefer the sweet-tart centers; others eat them a mouthful at a time. You can use these recipes to get your favorite effect!

I suggest making a bottle of Orange Tic Tac Outer Half and a separate bottle of Orange Tic Tac Inner Half. Vape them separately first (ideally, alternate vaping from two separate tanks - while sucking on real Tic Tacs to compare!!) Orange Tic Tac Complete is just a 50/50 mix of the two flavors, but of course you can simply combine the Outer Half and Inner Half bottles in any ratio you like.

NOTE: Be especially sure to shake Orange and Mandarin right before you measure them!

Orange Tic Tac Outer Half: (outside half of a Tic Tac - strongly sweet orange, subtle cool-minty effects)
3% FA Orange
1% FA Mandarin
0.5% FA Vanilla Classic
0.5% FA Peppermint
0.5% FA Anise

Orange Tic Tac Inner Half: (inside half of a Tic Tac - bold sweet-tart orange)
3% FA Orange
2.5% FA Mad Fruit (previously named Red Bull)
1% FA Mandarin

Orange Tic Tac Complete: (all Tic Tac layers at once; a mouthful of Tic Tacs in various stages of dissolving)
3% FA Orange
1.25% FA Mad Fruit (previously named Red Bull)
1% FA Mandarin
0.25% FA Vanilla Classic
0.25% FA Peppermint
0.25% FA Anise

Even if you prefer light flavoring, try these full-strength as written first, for the most realistic effect. (You can always add more nic base later).

And really - get a box of actual Tic Tacs to compare the flavor. Have a blast!

Last edited:

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
really HIC that quickly. thats a million !!!!! Ill be mixing this up tonight ! you know Mrs C. is going to love me for this. I owe you lol

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
OK... you have to describe Mad Fruit to me now.....:confused:

LOL - I had to retrieve it from my flavor-rejects bin! I don't like Red Bull. Mad Fruit is the original Red Bull flavor, used here to add the sweet-tart-sour effect in the middle of a Tic Tac. Like the tart in Tang orange drink. I got the idea from a bartender guide - Red Bull and orange/mandarin vodka make a cocktail/shooter called Orange Tic Tac. That cocktail gets all kinds of raves, so I stole the idea for vapes. :)

I'm trying to find actual Grapefruit Tic Tacs now, but I'll make a vape version whether or not I find them. I think Mad Fruit will also work for a great margarita. It doesn't really add a fruit flavor if you mix with strong fruits. It just makes them like a sweet-tart candy version of the flavor.

My lesson learned: keep those flavorings you don't like - never know when you'll find a good use for them. This is not the first time this has happened to me!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
really HIC that quickly. thats a million !!!!! Ill be mixing this up tonight ! you know Mrs C. is going to love me for this. I owe you lol

wllmc - you let Mrs C know I was thinking about her as I vaped that Complete Tic-Tac flavor! I can't wait to hear if she like it (any/all of them, actually).

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ahg ! how do i not have mad fruit !!!!!! lol,

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
dude this is bugging me , but i dont like red bull either still thought i had it in stock, oh well here comes vape mail. I will tell her she will love to hear that , she is an honorary FA club member ha

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
dude this is bugging me , but i dont like red bull either still thought i had it in stock, oh well here comes vape mail. I will tell her she will love to hear that , she is an honorary FA club member ha

Hey, you can still make the Outer Half flavor to tide her over.

kabalm18

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Haha yes! I have all the flavors to make this! I will be mixing this tomorrow but I will be using the last of my anise.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I should have noted: be extra sure to shake these flavorings before you use them - especially Orange, Mandarin, and Anise!

kabalm18

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Finally made it...its pretty good and close to the real thing (I always have Orange Tic Tac on hand because my 3yo loves them). Mad Fruit is dead on for the inside flavor...dead on. Now I will say that I dont really get any peppermint from the real thing so I might try it next time with less or none. Will, you definitely need mad fruit if you want to make the whole thing.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Finally made it...its pretty good and close to the real thing (I always have Orange Tic Tac on hand because my 3yo loves them). Mad Fruit is dead on for the inside flavor...dead on. Now I will say that I dont really get any peppermint from the real thing so I might try it next time with less or none. Will, you definitely need mad fruit if you want to make the whole thing.

I notice a subtle peppermint+anise flavor and cool effect only in the very outside layer of the Orange ones, not all the way through like white tic tacs. I notice it with their Strawberry Fields flavors, too, which made me wonder if they flavor their carnauba wax coating, the outside slick layer that keeps the candies from sticking. I'm still looking for Pink Grapefruit, which might become available again in the next couple months.

Fun trivia on carnauba wax: http://www.cooksinfo.com/carnauba-wax

kabalm18

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I notice a subtle peppermint+anise flavor and cool effect only in the very outside layer of the Orange ones, not all the way through like white tic tacs. I notice it with their Strawberry Fields flavors, too, which made me wonder if they flavor their carnauba wax coating, the outside slick layer that keeps the candies from sticking. I'm still looking for Pink Grapefruit, which might become available again in the next couple months.

Fun trivia on carnauba wax: http://www.cooksinfo.com/carnauba-wax

LOL...Pink Grapefruit! I also have a box of assorted Tic Tacs and my daughter handed me one and I could tell she didn't like it...mainly because she was giving it to me and not devouring it. Yep...grapefruit!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
LOL...Pink Grapefruit! I also have a box of assorted Tic Tacs and my daughter handed me one and I could tell she didn't like it...mainly because she was giving it to me and not devouring it. Yep...grapefruit!

LUCKY!! I read that Grapefruit is a promotional flavor for breast cancer research, sold only for a short time each year. I'll get mine soon as they're out!

kabalm18

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LUCKY!! I read that Grapefruit is a promotional flavor for breast cancer research, sold only for a short time each year. I'll get mine soon as they're out!
Go get a box of fruit adventure tic tacs...the yellow ones are grapefruit. There is also red, green and orange, maybe more in the box but those are the only ones left and not sure what the flavors are. I think I got them 2 weeks ago.

kabalm18

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Go get a box of fruit adventure tic tacs...the yellow ones are grapefruit. There is also red, green and orange, maybe more in the box but those are the only ones left and not sure what the flavors are. I think I got them 2 weeks ago.
Come to think of it...they probably are not the same thing, the ones you are talking about will be pink in support of breast cancer but the taste definitely was grapefruit. Pick some up and let me know what you think.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Come to think of it...they probably are not the same thing, the ones you are talking about will be pink in support of breast cancer but the taste definitely was grapefruit. Pick some up and let me know what you think.

Thank you for the info! I'll get some to stash away. When I've recovered from Orange Tic Tacs, I'll give them some attention. (I don't like most fruit-flavored candies, so I'm really glad to be done with this one!)

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HIC, I tried the inside part...I love tart! If I wanted this flavor more tart do you think I should use tfa sweet & tart? Of course I didn't order that...I'm wondering if I add some citrus mix/ lime/ silicy if it'll fatten it more? I'm trying citrus mix first.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC, I tried the inside part...I love tart! If I wanted this flavor more tart do you think I should use tfa sweet & tart? Of course I didn't order that...I'm wondering if I add some citrus mix/ lime/ silicy if it'll fatten it more? I'm trying citrus mix first.

If you add other citrus flavors, it won't be orange tic-tacs any more.

To get max tart from tart flavors, minimize your VG.

daath

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
With each puff I take, I giggle a little. It is just spot on! :) I love this! I'm vaping this as I ponder which of your recipes to try next ;D

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
With each puff I take, I giggle a little. It is just spot on! :) I love this! I'm vaping this as I ponder which of your recipes to try next ;D

Thanks, daath! Tic Tacs are made by Ferrero, an Italian company. I have always believed they use FA flavorings in the real candies! You might also like this one: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-white-tic-tac.1773/ FlavourArt flavors do that one just right, too.

This orange one was a lot of fun to figure out. Bowls of half-sucked tic-tacs were involved. lol!

daath

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks, daath! Tic Tacs are made by Ferrero, an Italian company. I have always believed they use FA flavorings in the real candies! You might also like this one: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-white-tic-tac.1773/ FlavourArt flavors do that one just right, too.

This orange one was a lot of fun to figure out. Bowls of half-sucked tic-tacs were involved. lol!

Hahaha that's awesome :) Yes, I have the White Tic Tacs on my list of stuff to do :) I just reaaaally felt like trying this - And boy it did not disappoint!

I'm also still adding flavors to my shopping list :/ Will it ever end? :D

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I'm also still adding flavors to my shopping list :/ Will it ever end? :D

hahaha - no. I still have a shopping list and probably always will. It seems less urgent to shop now that I have most of FA, though.

SpiderMonkey

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Another SPOT ON flavor concoction HIC!!!!! Mixed up the Complete flavor of tic tac and WOW is all I can say. Though my pallet needs a stronger flavor profile,so I doubled the recipe %. Will steep overnight to see what the flavor matures to......but on a Shake & Vape, this is Great.

First of all, thank you, HIC, for all your work — this recipe (Orange Tic Tac Complete) made me fell in love with vaping — I've purchased a great combination of 50+ FA flavors and all your recipes from HIC's Mixes and now impatiently waiting for package to come and waste all my spare time :)

I have one problem — through the last three 10 ml batches taste started to fade away up to the point where I slightly can taste anything else but anise — has anyone, by chance, faced anything like that? Same thing happened with the "Creamsicles" (instead of the mild mix of tangerines and vienna cream it started taste just flat and vapid sweet) Is it this, so called, vaper's fatigue? I miss my oranges :( (btw, both juices smell right, it's the taste I'm having problems with)

Off-topic. Lots of recipes mention TFA brown sugar extra, but perfumer's apprentice lists only Brown sugar (no "extra") — is it the same?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
First of all, thank you, HIC, for all your work — this recipe (Orange Tic Tac Complete) made me fell in love with vaping — I've purchased a great combination of 50+ FA flavors and all your recipes from HIC's Mixes and now impatiently waiting for package to come and waste all my spare time :)

I have one problem — through the last three 10 ml batches taste started to fade away up to the point where I slightly can taste anything else but anise — has anyone, by chance, faced anything like that? Same thing happened with the "Creamsicles" (instead of the mild mix of tangerines and vienna cream it started taste just flat and vapid sweet) Is it this, so called, vaper's fatigue? I miss my oranges :( (btw, both juices smell right, it's the taste I'm having problems with)

Off-topic. Lots of recipes mention TFA brown sugar extra, but perfumer's apprentice lists only Brown sugar (no "extra") — is it the same?

The easy question first - yes, TFA Brown Sugar = TFA Brown Sugar Extra. There used to be (slightly) different flavors, but they dropped the "extra" in the name and kept it as Brown Sugar. Ecigexpress has "Signature" Brown Sugar, which is also the same thing.

Your senses might be tired of orange, causing you not to taste it well. If that's the case, vaping a strongly-contrasting flavor for a while (got a coffee vape?) might help...or it might just require a break from orange/mandarin.

Or you might need to shake the bottle - mixes with citrus can separate over time.

Or it might have gotten hot, causing the citrus to fade some.

Or you might want to make a double-strength recipe like @SpiderMonkey did - especially if it might sit around a while before you vape it - or 50% stronger. It's 6% as written; 9-12% isn't ridiculous. (I personally couldn't vape that for long, but I'm often in the minority on strong flavoring.) That Creamsicles recipe can also be doubled.

It really catches my eye when you say you still taste the anise! To my senses, that's one of the first flavors to fade away in any recipe I've ever had it in. Then again, I sometimes vape standalone anise-type flavors at huge percents, so maybe I lost the normal ability to taste that one.

I hope something here helps... And I hope you have a blast with all your new recipes and flavors!

UncleIronLungs

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi all, I'm new to this forum.

I've just ordered all the flavours for the complete Orange Tic TAC mix. Really looking forward to trying this out.
Loving the look of your DIY creations HIC, nice work.

I'll report back once I've tried.

Reporting back ;)

Just made up a 30ml batch of this stuff. 40/60 pg/vg, 3% nic. All I can say Hic is you hit the nail on the head here!
For some reason even though the recipe is 6% I was expecting a potent, intense vape. I didn't get that.
To me it's a perfect strength, all the flavours come through with each vape. EXCELLENT.

I'm vaping on a sigelei 150w box mod with subtank. Coils wrapped at 0.5 ohm and wattage is 25.

Looking forward to trying out a lot more of your recipes soon.

Last edited:

VapesXO

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I mixed up a batch of this over the weekend, and oh man, do I love it!
My final mixture was a 70% VG / 30% PG mixture, 0mg Nicotine, in a 10ml bottle.
The version I made was the entire tic-tac version, and it tastes just like a mouthful of orange Tic-Tacs! :D

jsc787

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
im getting a alot of TH on this and its 85/15 blend only 0.5 nic could if be the brand of nic im using ? i want damn near no TH lol

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
im getting a alot of TH on this and its 85/15 blend only 0.5 nic could if be the brand of nic im using ? i want damn near no TH lol

Try a batch with no nic. Also be sure you shake your flavors before you measure them out - especially Orange and Anise.

jsc787

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Try a batch with no nic. Also be sure you shake your flavors before you measure them out - especially Orange and Anise.
bah why didnt i think of that lol going to try it after i take a quick shower once again HIC to the rescue going to be buying the flavors for 4 of your mixes today gonna take advantage of that 30% discount ecig got going on for MD

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have to wonder if other fruits would work in place of the orange/mandarin.
Like cherry, grape, or strawberry.

Shaner

Member For 4 Years
Mixed this one up tonight (Tic Tac Complete) ... Spot on Tic Tac!

Kinda weird ... The first vape after it was freshly mixed with the magnetic mixer all I could taste was the Anise, which I love, I use it in a couple of spiced coffee recipes. The second hit it wasn't so strong and the 3rd hit it was pretty much gone and I was left with a nice tangy orange Tic Tac. :)

I made 250ml of this recipe and it didn't taste like the 30ml I made. What could be causing this and what percentage should I use to make a large amount specifically 250ml.
Thanks HIC.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I made 250ml of this recipe and it didn't taste like the 30ml I made. What could be causing this and what percentage should I use to make a large amount specifically 250ml.

If you're using all the same percentage figures, it should be the same. Just brainstorming possible differences between small/large batch:
- using weight versus volume measures WILL make a difference with this recipe, unless you account for density of each flavor (use whatever method worked for you the first time)
- plastic versus glass bottles, or unwashed, or low quality plastic that doesn't do well with citrus flavors
- always shake flavorings before you measure; super-important with some of the flavorings in this recipe
- math error when sizing up
- flavorings or finished mix sat in sun/heat and faded
- finished large batches take enthusiastic shaking to be well-mixed
That's all I can think of right now.

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hic was wondering if I add 50% more flavoring will it still have the same orange tic tac profile?

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
This was one of my first DIY recipes HIC and continues to always have a place in my cupboard of ready to vape liquids ....love it! Thank you so much

One question after vaping it throughout the day I notice it's a little dry on the throat ? I'm guessing this is the orange rather than mandarin is there any way to get rid of that? I vape at high VG have low Nic and its only this recipe I notice it on

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
One question after vaping it throughout the day I notice it's a little dry on the throat ? I'm guessing this is the orange rather than mandarin is there any way to get rid of that? I vape at high VG have low Nic and its only this recipe I notice it on

You could try vaping any flavor you think is irritating your throat (as a single flavor) to figure it out - I dunno which it might be.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Ahh ok just wondered if you had noticed only what I can describe as dry... sometimes get it with fa apple pie to

Zazzles

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi guys.
Im having some troubles with the tic tac juices.
i made both flavours seperately with the recommended 6% flavour at roughly 60/40 vg pg.
this tasted very bland at all steeping stages (right after mixing, after a couple of days, and 3 weeks)
this really baffled me seeing all these super enthousiast comments so i made a new batch with 12% and it still tastes very weak and has an unbearable throat hit with the same 60/40 vg pg mix. (throat hit was already stronger then it should be at 6% for a 60/40 mix)
Can my nic base be the cause of this? I've made several other juices with these same bottles without problems but then again im rather new in the diy world so im possibly doing something wrong.
I've allso tried it in different tanks at different wattages including melo III mini, heracles plus and a Smok baby beast.

all ideas are welcome cus i cant wait to vape proper tic tacs!

Peace!

VU Sponsors