HIC's MOCHA NIPS (coffee candy)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Mocha Nips recipe: very sweet mocha, like Nips Mocha hard candies - see notes for a mocha coffee

2% FlavourArt Vienna Cream
1.5% FlavourArt Caramel
1% FlavourArt Cocoa
0.5% FlavourArt Espresso (careful - it's very strong)
0.5% FlavourArt Meringue

FA Meringue adds the sweetness level of hard candy; this taste a lot like Nips Mocha candies. For a sweet, creamy mocha coffee, just leave out the Meringue. This is a great recipe to vape with variable voltage.

Last edited:

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just made this tonight. It's spot on and delicious. I couldn't find my FA caramel, so I used TFA, but it still came out fantastic. Well done HIC!!!

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Omg! I used to be addicted to these things. Definitely trying this out ASAP. Waiting on (yet another) shipment of flavorings. I just updated my "inventory" and discovered I have over 100 flavors... To me, that's crazy, though I know others have even more.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Omg! I used to be addicted to these things. Definitely trying this out ASAP. Waiting on (yet another) shipment of flavorings. I just updated my "inventory" and discovered I have over 100 flavors... To me, that's crazy, though I know others have even more.

Not even close to crazy yet! Keep going, Rin!

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Maybe if I had skills like you. Lol. I'm not quite there yet

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Haha. I remember Rin. You're a cootie patootie. I had a feeling but didn't want to assume.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It's all good. I've been referred to as worse things. Dayum. I'm infamous around these parts?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I thought that was you! Your avatar was less anonymous over there.
Welcome!

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah. I need a new picture so I can put it up here. I'm pretty new around here and just haven't gotten around to it. Seems pretty cool over here. Just needs more people.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah. I need a new picture so I can put it up here. I'm pretty new around here and just haven't gotten around to it. Seems pretty cool over here. Just needs more people.

I remember I'd recommended some particular FA flavor to you over there. You wrote that you didn't want to start using yet another brand of flavoring and needed to work with what you had. I will now remove my mental note to avoid mentioning FA to you. :) I hope you have great results with your incoming order(s)!

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Lol. Pretty much all my flavorings are Flavour Art. I may have been tainted because I started using a lot of their tobaccos and I loathe their tobaccos. It's just frustrating when you buy a bunch of flavorings and hate most of them. It wasn't til recently where I discovered places to buy the super tiny sample bottles of the stuff.

Walker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I made some of this last night and had a little sample just now to see. (Only a minor variation because I didn't have meringue.)

Holy darkness. Not sure what I think of it yet, and I know it probably needs time, but... MAN... that is some dark tasting vapor.

Walker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, i can say that it's pretty damn good paired with a dark cup of real coffee in the morning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Walker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey, @HeadInClouds ... while I have your attention, I had a question.

I didn't have meringue because I don't like real meringue, but I see that you often use it for a sweetener. Seems like you also occasionally use marshmallow as a sweetener, too, yes? I did have that, and that's the substitution that I made in this recipe.

Any thoughts on what kind of subtle difference there might be between meringue and marshmallow when used as sweeteners?
Also, if using them as sweeteners, would they be okay subbed 1:1 in terms of amounts?

The reason I ask is because the one thing I kept thinking last night when I tried this out was that it needed a touch more sweetness.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hey, @HeadInClouds ... while I have your attention, I had a question.

I didn't have meringue because I don't like real meringue, but I see that you often use it for a sweetener. Seems like you also occasionally use marshmallow as a sweetener, too, yes? I did have that, and that's the substitution that I made in this recipe.

Any thoughts on what kind of subtle difference there might be between meringue and marshmallow when used as sweeteners?
Also, if using them as sweeteners, would they be okay subbed 1:1 in terms of amounts?

The reason I ask is because the one thing I kept thinking last night when I tried this out was that it needed a touch more sweetness.

You should absolutely use Marshmallow instead of buying Meringue (yes, same amount):
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/my-notes-on-flavourart-meringue.2696/

I loved FA Meringue before the flavor changed (FA insists it never changed; most of us who used older batches disagree), but it is now very much a darker-baked egg-white meringue flavor. If you don't like real meringue, you're unlikely to enjoy the current flavor of FA Meringue.

VU Sponsors